Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Bubble guns

A few years back I remember seeing these light up bubble guns for sale. Do they still have those? My dd is a bubble addict!
lovebug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
seagodess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug33 View Post
A few years back I remember seeing these light up bubble guns for sale. Do they still have those? My dd is a bubble addict!
I dont know where you get them at, but I was just there last week and saw TONS of kids with them. So they have to be sold somewhere in the parks.

March 2005- 1st DL trip. My Honey Moon
May 2012- DS's 1st DL trip and 5th Birthday- Trip Report (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934231)
March 2014- Trip report (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3256794)
seagodess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

I saw them for sale at a vending cart in Bugs Land. They were $12 to $15 I don't remember exact amount. And battery operated, not sure how long the batteries that come with it last.

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

If you buy one have the CM Put it together for you. He put together two for us that were broken right out of the box. And buy lots of extra bubbles while there. For some reason store bought bubbles don't work as well. And ours didn't last very long so you might want to prepare your dd.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
amyg1975
Earning My Ears

This was my daughters favorite part of Disneyland! Bubble Gun cost $12, and they sold them at the Star Trader and the Buzz Lightyear store (I forget the name of the store). Bubbles are $1, but the gun comes with one as well. It does light up, and was so much fun for her! We bought many extra bubbles, and I plan to buy a large refill container to keep refilling the small bottles that fit the gun.
amyg1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Peace.love.mickey
DIS Veteran

They are EVERYWHERE and they are awesome!!!!! If it stops working, they will replace it!!! They say if there is too much moisture in the air, it will not work as well...
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #7
traceee
Earning My Ears

Would they replace one bought last year? Ours broke shortly after we got it but I may still have it somewhere.
traceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #8
mydisneyfix
Mouseketeer

Ha. Ha. I must be the only one who doesn't like the bubble guns.....at first. I had just had a bad experience with a bee and the first day in the park when I saw a bubble floating in the corner of my eye...I kind of freaked out cuz I thought it was something buzzing by my head. Lol. I am over it now. It's fun to watch kids chase after them to pop.
mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:06 AM   #9
Peace.love.mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceee View Post
Would they replace one bought last year? Ours broke shortly after we got it but I may still have it somewhere.
They did mine....
Old 03-31-2014, 12:09 AM   #10
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyfix View Post
Ha. Ha. I must be the only one who doesn't like the bubble guns.....at first. I had just had a bad experience with a bee and the first day in the park when I saw a bubble floating in the corner of my eye...I kind of freaked out cuz I thought it was something buzzing by my head. Lol. I am over it now. It's fun to watch kids chase after them to pop.
No I'm with you. I don't like them. I work in a guest service capacity and while I understand that parents give them to their children to keep them entertained, I think it's incredibly rude to be blowing bubbles in close proximity to others. They get on your clothes, in your hair, on your face. I feel bad for people that are sitting or standing next to children with the bubble guns and I have on occasion asked them to stop because an unhappy customer complained to me.
sonnyjane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:36 AM   #11
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313
If you buy one have the CM Put it together for you. He put together two for us that were broken right out of the box. And buy lots of extra bubbles while there. For some reason store bought bubbles don't work as well. And ours didn't last very long so you might want to prepare your dd.
We had the same issue. The poor CM had to open 5 of them to find a working one!

Also, if any of you have boys that are interested, at Disney 365, the makeover comes with a bubble gun and it's $15 (or so was the case in Nov). It's basically the cost of the bubble gun.

Upcoming: Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #12
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

The guns are still available. My 3yo grandson got one two weeks ago and he loves it!

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #13
Delilah1310
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure I also saw them in the DTD disney store.

If you want to use it at home and dont have refill containers, you can just pour your regular store bought bubbles into the one attachable container.
The store bought bubbles won't affix ... at least on mine.

they might have changed the design, though.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #14
pharmama
DIS Veteran

My dd got one of these a few years back and put it in the pocket pouch of her brand new DL hoodie. The gun leaked everywhere and ruined the hoodie. The sweatshirt looked fine until it went thru the wash and came out with awful grey stains wherever the bubble liquid had been.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2009 & 2010 (dressed as Jessie)
Disney Dream 5nt Double Dip, July 2012.
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:02 PM   #15
amyg1975
Earning My Ears

That's interesting because I just folded my daughters clothes from our trip and her shirt she wore while playing with it was gray with stains too! I thought it was from the laundry detergent... but the bubbles makes more sense. (She is tiny, and had to brace the gun against herself to be able to press the trigger.) She was soaked by doing this, and the next night I put her bib on her!
amyg1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: