Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hotel for Ride down

Hello everyone! Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering if those who drive down have a recommendation for a hotel to stay over night in somewhere in the Savannah, GA area. Last year we stayed at The Holiday inn right off 95...never again! Just don't want to pick blindly like we did last year. Thanks!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
WendyZQ
Earning My Ears

For a separate trip last year, we stayed at the Westin Savannah Harbor resort. Realize you're just looking for an overnight, but a beautiful hotel and we found a rate under $100 during Christmas week. You may also want to try near the Savannah airport - saw some newer hotels there.
WendyZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
3DisneyBuggs
The only way I would fly is if John Travolta is the pilot!
Maroon is my color, like the pom poms!
Now I owe tag tax

I just booked a country inn and suites off exit 94. We've stayed in Country Inns before and they were good. I hope this one is good too.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

We stayed at a Baymont Inn and Suite, was very clean, and was able to walk to Sonic for dinner.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
mrsap

Thanks everyone! I will be checking out each place suggested! It's so much more comforting knowing someone actually stayed at a hotel and can give an honest opinion. Enjoy your trips!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
cheribelle
Mouseketeer

Thanks to Disboards and this post, I just booked the Embassy Suites near Savannah airport for our ride down (coming from NJ). I googled a discount code and the Disboards came up with the Hilton MVP code (we are Hilton Honors so it worked)!
Able to get the 2 room suite for $108. It seems like a fairly new hotel and the reviews are awesome.
cheribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheribelle View Post
Thanks to Disboards and this post, I just booked the Embassy Suites near Savannah airport for our ride down (coming from NJ). I googled a discount code and the Disboards came up with the Hilton MVP code (we are Hilton Honors so it worked)!
Able to get the 2 room suite for $108. It seems like a fairly new hotel and the reviews are awesome.
Hey Cheribelle!

We are also driving from NJ! (North) Will this be your first time driving there? I haven't had a minute to get on the hotels websites, but that's great to know! Thanks for sharing that info and enjoy your trip!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
cheribelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post

Hey Cheribelle!

We are also driving from NJ! (North) Will this be your first time driving there? I haven't had a minute to get on the hotels websites, but that's great to know! Thanks for sharing that info and enjoy your trip!!!
Central NJ here!
We pretty much drive each year to Disney and stay at the Embassy Suites in Brunswick GA. We need a suite hotel because we have 3 little ones and need a place for them to sleep while DH unwinds after driving so long!

But this year we are taking the Disney Cruise and a precruise stop at legoland and we can afford to stop a little further north of Brunswick. So this will be our first stop at Savannah.

But I highly recommend the Brunswick embassy to anyone! It's located in a mall so I would always take the kids to walk around there while DH spends a little quiet time. Just nice to walk after being in the car for so long!

If you look into the embassy savannah or brunswick, google "embassy discount code Disboards" and it will come up. You only need to be a Hilton honors member (easy to join!). The rate dropped from 138 to 108!

Happy and safe travels to you!!
cheribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
sb682
DIS Veteran

We stop in Brunswick, GA on our drives down. It's about an hour further south but there are several hotels off 95 that are clean and cheap. We've stayed at the La Quinta Brunswick and the Comfort Suites Brunswick. We got great deals on both on Hotwire and they are close to the highway, clean rooms, comfy beds and free hot breakfasts. The Comfort Suites is much nicer than La Quinta but I would stay at either again. Both hotels also have plenty of fast food nearby for dinner, and La Quinta has a drive-thru Starbucks just down the block. On this next trip, we are staying at the Best Western Plus Brunswick Inn & Suites and got it cheap on Priceline. It has great reviews and we're looking forward to it.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at the Comfort Suites in Port Wentworth, GA (a couple minutes north of Savannah, right off 95) and it is nice. We have stayed at the Sleep Inn that is off the same exit and it was decent once and just OK the next time. The Embassy Suites looks gorgeous, but it has always been out of our price range.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
vatmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheribelle View Post
We've stayed here several times on our trip down. Very nice place. Don't miss the managers reception in the evening or the free breakfast in the morning. Breakfast includes cooked to order omelets, sausage, bacon, pastries, cereal and a few other things.

Ann
vatmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
plove53
Mouseketeer

I was going to post something like this... THANKS FOR THE INFO! I'll be driving from Jersey too
Aug 2010 - Third Trip for me Coronado Springs
Aug 2013 - Fourth Trip - Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug 2014 - POP POP going back to POP

plove53 is offline   Reply With Quote