Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Belle-To-Be
Mouseketeer

Wait times in July?

Background: Have a trip planned later in the month. Won't have time to go again for almost a year. Have only been in April, September, October, and mid-December, so expectation is July will be super-crowded and super hot/humid.

However, looking at wait times on different apps this weekend, the wait times don't seem to be horrible. In fact, they're much better than I'd expected and read about.

Any reason why wait times are not horrible right now and can we expect similar times in a few weeks (based on past experiences and expected touring groups for this time of year)?

Thanks for your input in advance.
Belle-To-Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle-To-Be View Post
Background: Have a trip planned later in the month. Won't have time to go again for almost a year. Have only been in April, September, October, and mid-December, so expectation is July will be super-crowded and super hot/humid.

However, looking at wait times on different apps this weekend, the wait times don't seem to be horrible. In fact, they're much better than I'd expected and read about.

Any reason why wait times are not horrible right now and can we expect similar times in a few weeks (based on past experiences and expected touring groups for this time of year)?

Thanks for your input in advance.
We did our 2012 trip from July 15 - July 25. I was extremely nervous about crowds and heat, but as it turned out, I didn't need to be.

We did not wait in excessively long lines at any point during our trip, and by excessively long, I mean longer than 30-40 minutes. We used FP on longer wait rides and rode standby on the shorter ones and it worked out really well.

The tour groups though, is where we ran into an issue. At some times, we would be going to the FP kiosk and 1-2 members of the group would get ahead of us with KTTW cards for the 60+ members of their group and go to town....by the time they were done, the return times were over an hour later than when we arrived at the kiosk.

Sometimes they would have 1-2 members save spots in line too....and then they would all come...
Twice, a CM saw this happen to us and moved us ahead of the whole group.

I would say if the tour group zigs, you just zag...and avoid at all costs.

It was hot and humid for the majority of our time there, but not nearly as bad as we had expected. Our faces did not melt off or anything.
A couple of nights, we were actually chilly and wishing we had sweatshirts.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Belle-To-Be
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Good advice. Appreciate it.
Belle-To-Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

We returned today from a ten day trip. Wait times weren't bad at all. We had several big name walk-ons (POTC and Dumbo for example), and we were able to get fast passes for everything except Soarin' one night. We ended up going back earlier on another day and getting it. There was lots of rain for the first part of our trip, which could have been a deterrent for some guests braving the parks, but we gladly traded panchos for short wait times.
We have been to WDW several times in July over the years, and this has been the least crowded in my opinion. The 4th of July was packed everywhere of course, but we still managed to watch fireworks at Epcot and have a great time.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: