Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Those of you whom have switched resorts-a ?

We are currently set to stay one night at YC on Friday, Nov. 29 (day after Thanksgiving) and then, we will begin our six night stay at BLT when my parents arrive on Saturday. We scheduled the extra day for my husband, myself and our three children (ages 5, 3 and 3) because airfare was a thousand dollars cheaper to go Friday rather than Saturday.

Here's the question: Would you keep the ressie at YC or would you do CR for the one night prior to our BLT ressie? We have never stayed at an Epcot resort but I can't keep but thinking that, with as busy as it will be that weekend, it might be easier to stay at CR to make the move to BLT easier. We plan on going to Animal Kingdom at 8 am on Saturday and I'm not familiar with how easy/hard it is to change from one resort to another and try to get to a park early.

What would you recommend with such young kids? Any perspective you could lend would be fantastic. Oh, the CR is 30 bucks cheaper than YC-so no big deal there.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I'd give YC a shot if you'd really like to check it out. You can tell the front desk you're heading to BLT and they'll deliver your bags for you. With that service the difficulty of switching resorts is minimal.

aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
GAGirlInVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I'd give YC a shot if you'd really like to check it out. You can tell the front desk you're heading to BLT and they'll deliver your bags for you. With that service the difficulty of switching resorts is minimal.
Do all of the resorts offer this service (Even values?)

We are thinking about flying in at night and staying at a value and then changing to a mod the next day and starting our dining plan there. I just don't know how the logistics work (tickets, luggage?)

Dec 2010: ASMu April 2011: POP! Oct 2011: ASMo

Now: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Water Country/Colonial Williamsburg annual passholders

Next:

Caribbean Beach/Deluxe Dining-- ALONE! (Trip Planning)
GAGirlInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGirlInVA View Post
Do all of the resorts offer this service (Even values?)

We are thinking about flying in at night and staying at a value and then changing to a mod the next day and starting our dining plan there. I just don't know how the logistics work (tickets, luggage?)
Yes, all of the resorts offer bell services and will transfer your luggage from one WDW resort to another WDW resort.

To the OP, it really won't make a difference on your end where you stay your first night. You just need to call bell services in the morning and have them come pick up your luggage to transfer to BLT. Honestly, since you want to make it to AK by 8 am, I would stay at AKL!!! It's the closest resort to AK - 5 - 10 minute bus ride, tops! By staying at YC or CR, you are adding about 20 - 30 minutes to your morning travel time to the park.

If I were you, I would stay at AKL, call bell services around 7 am (it should take them about 10 - 15 minutes to get to your room), grab the bus to AK and then take the bus over to CR/BLT when you are done at AK for the day. Your luggage should be at BLT by 3 pm, but you can check-in whenever you are ready (room may not be ready until 3 pm). It's really simple!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Just checked on rates for AKL-$995 a night-good grief!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Are you planning on just hanging out at the resort on that Friday? If so, I would spend that night at YC. It's a terrific resort. The pool area is a ball, even at Thanksgiving time!!!
You can hand your bags off as early as you want to on Saturday morning. You can call Bell Services and they will be at your door within 15 mins. Hand your bags off and then jump on the AK bus!! I would hand the bags off by 6:30ish, no later than 7. Then head to AK.
You can get everything packed up the night before, or just don't unpack. Have one bag that has your stuff for that day and the next morning in it.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

Bell Services makes these split stays super easy. PP had great advice too, by recommending you have one bag for just your single hotel stay so you wont have to unpack/pack many bags.

Just a thought as your children are so young....it may be easier to stay at CR if you are not planning on visiting Epcot resorts or using the pool. I believe your bags could be delivered much later than 3pm. If you stay at CR, you could just store your luggage w/Bell Services until your room was ready and have immediate access. I would also pack some swim suits w/ your day bag so you can swim if you return to the hotel for a break, but your room isn't ready yet. Happy planning.

Perditamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
We are currently set to stay one night at YC on Friday, Nov. 29 (day after Thanksgiving) and then, we will begin our six night stay at BLT when my parents arrive on Saturday. We scheduled the extra day for my husband, myself and our three children (ages 5, 3 and 3) because airfare was a thousand dollars cheaper to go Friday rather than Saturday.

Here's the question: Would you keep the ressie at YC or would you do CR for the one night prior to our BLT ressie? We have never stayed at an Epcot resort but I can't keep but thinking that, with as busy as it will be that weekend, it might be easier to stay at CR to make the move to BLT easier. We plan on going to Animal Kingdom at 8 am on Saturday and I'm not familiar with how easy/hard it is to change from one resort to another and try to get to a park early.

What would you recommend with such young kids? Any perspective you could lend would be fantastic. Oh, the CR is 30 bucks cheaper than YC-so no big deal there.
I would keep YC. As pp's have said, changing resorts is very easy as Disney will transfer your luggage for you .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: