Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
I have been able to use the website without any problems. Instead of outright canceling, have you simply tried booking the other reservation. I made a reservation on the site last night then found a different time that I wanted, so I went ahead and made that reservation. A box popped up that reminded me of the original reservation and allowed me to cancel that one and go ahead and make the new one.
THIS. It's the only way I can cancel reservations on the old site (Canadian). I just try to book over or right around the old reservation and it asks me which one I want to keep.
Incidentally I used an IP hider to get on to MDE for the first time yesterday and found it fabulous compared to what we can use in Canada. But I haven't tried the app.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I just tried to do a few things on the site and got a message that they are undergoing maintenance, so hopefully this will be cleared up soon.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I don't think so. I'm from Canada also and have had really long waits. It depends on the number I am calling. Dining .. I get through pretty fast. Packages and Resort? I've waited over 40 minutes. And really that is one of my major sources of frustration with the Canadian website. Nothing works as it should so I have to call long distance from another country over and over and sit and wait.
(I posted a new thread about this, in case other Canadians haven't heard...)

If you dial 10-10-7-10, followed by 1, and then the area code and number, you'll only be charged 99 cents for your entire call, up to 110 minutes.

It only works if you're calling from Canada, but otherwise it's awesome!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
3SpoiledPrincesses
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Marthasor;48853120]I have been able to use the website without any problems. Instead of outright canceling, have you simply tried booking the other reservation. I made a reservation on the site last night then found a different time that I wanted, so I went ahead and made that reservation. A box popped up that reminded me of the original reservation and allowed me to cancel that one and go ahead and make the new one.

That is exactly how I switched around a few of my other ADR's. I did try to make the ADR that I want online and got a pop up that said something like I already had an ADR for that time frame and to cancel it first. It didn't give me the option to cancel the one that I don't want. So, I went to my Hollywood & Vine ADR and tried to cancel it and it says that it can't be done online.
3SpoiledPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
phtktz3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Wow... I wonder if the fact that I'm calling from Canada means I get shunted through a different switchboard? I called today and got a nearly-instant connection.
I'm not from Canada but I don't have any of these issues with calling or online. Usually when I call I go through DVC and have not waited more than a few minutes at the most, in fact, it usually takes longer to get through the automated questions than it does for someone to answer.
Hopefully putting this in print won't anger the Disney Fairies.....I'd hate to all the sudden start having issues

dogs have their owners.......cats have their staff!
phtktz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #21
3SpoiledPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Update:

I called and tried to use the automated system to cancel. I keyed in the reservation # and the automated system couldn't cancel it so I was transferred to a CM.

I spoke with a CM and she was not able to cancel it either. She had no clue and her supervisor couldn't cancel it either. For some reason Disney wants us to eat at Hollywood & Vine!!! LOL

Someone (either the CM or supervisor) is supposed to call me back once they figure out how to cancel it.

I just tried to log back into my account and got the message that the site is down. Hopefully whatever the glitch is will be fixed soon.
3SpoiledPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
(I posted a new thread about this, in case other Canadians haven't heard...)

If you dial 10-10-7-10, followed by 1, and then the area code and number, you'll only be charged 99 cents for your entire call, up to 110 minutes.

It only works if you're calling from Canada, but otherwise it's awesome!
That is very helpful .. thank you! I usually use a calling card that only charges me 5 or 6 cents a minute which isn't too bad. But if I am calling when a big promo has been released I will use your method because I've had calls last well over an hour on those days.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #23
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Good luck, OP!

I keep getting error messages even while simply browsing restaurant and attraction listings. Although I usually prefer to book things online rather than through the phone, I think I will be doing my ADRs via phone next week.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #24
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

I just linked my ressies to MDE and my TH 8:40am is now saying 11:40am. I double checked my email and it says 8:40. I'm in Canada and was surprised to see the new site, all my other ressies linked fine. The site is down now but hopefully tomorrow I can get it corrected.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
Arnir
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33boys View Post
I just linked my ressies to MDE and my TH 8:40am is now saying 11:40am. I double checked my email and it says 8:40. I'm in Canada and was surprised to see the new site, all my other ressies linked fine. The site is down now but hopefully tomorrow I can get it corrected.
I've had the same issue with time differences, but after a day or two the MDE matched the email time. (Which was the correct time).
Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #26
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33boys View Post
This happened to me a few weeks ago. Had made an 'Ohana ADR for 7:50 am and it came up on the site as 10:50 am. I called Dining and they said on their end it also looked as if I had made it for 10:50 am. I had to fax my e-mail confirmation over that stated it was for 7:50 am for them to reinstate my original reservation. I made this reservation right after a system upgrade so something must have happened - none of the other reservations I made had this problem. If your reservation is still incorrect on the site tomorrow, I would definitely call dining!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #27
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

This site is an ongoing work in progress...with a ton of problems. I have to re-sign in every time I move around the site. My Annual Pass (which has been used this year) got assigned to my eight month old grandson (on my Friends and Family list.). There is NO way to correct an error on the site, and there was no warning or alert before the pass was assigned to him. Tech support could not change it after several calls and techs getting into my account. Now, supposedly, Disney IT has to figure out how to get the pass out of grandson's name and into mine. They told me to call black in TWO weeks...that's how backed up with glitches they are. Easy fix would be to simply assign me another Annual Pass number and cancel the original. Bummer!

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #28
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Had made an 'Ohana ADR for 7:50 am and it came up on the site as 10:50 am. I called Dining and they said on their end it also looked as if I had made it for 10:50 am. I had to fax my e-mail confirmation over that stated it was for 7:50 am for them to reinstate my original reservation. I made this reservation right after a system upgrade so something must have happened - none of the other reservations I made had this problem. If your reservation is still incorrect on the site tomorrow, I would definitely call dining!
Thanks for the info. It's strange that both of ours were 3 hours off. I'm not too worried, I'm sure it'll be corrected at some point.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: