Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
3SpoiledPrincesses
Mouseketeer

MyDisneyExperience is FRUSTRATING!!!

We are going to WDW next month so I am doing my final changes of our touring plan and ADR's. My kids have decided that they don't want to eat with the Disney Jr characters so I am trying to cancel the ADR online and make a new reservation for lunch at Sci Fi. When I try to cancel the ADR I get a message saying that it can't be cancelled online.

I attempted to call and was on hold for 41 minutes and then got disconnected and never spoke to a CM. So, I attempted to do online chat and was told that the online chat department didn't have access to look up reservations and cancel them.

Now what? Do I just keep trying to call to cancel it? Or is there a glitch in the system that will eventually let me cancel the ADR ( I have cancelled others with a CC hold and changed them to different days and others that don't have a CC hold). If I wait too long the ADR that I want will be gone. The system won't let me make it because I already have an ADR that it won't let me cancel. Today I am 50 days out.
3SpoiledPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

The recommendation is to stop using the app for any kind of reservations. Period.

(No, I'm not kidding.)

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I've been trying to pay off my balance this week online and I cannot do it. System keeps timing out. You would think that they would have the part where people hand over thousands of dollars down at least lol. I guess I will have to give up and call at some point.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

Just five minutes ago I cancelled an ADR and rebook book another through My Disney Experience and did not have any issues at all. I would just keep trying.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

Sorry for your frustration.

You better call
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

I am so totally frustrated with it also
- it is not necessarily easier to navigate and it times out way too frequently!

It wouldn't let me do an ADR for the same day/time (wanted to be sure I got the change before I cancelled) yesterday but did let me do it last week.
Go figure.

If this is any indication of the new changes disney is making i.e. fastpass+ and the wave bands then I won't be a happy camper.
HiMagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Call back! I've never been put on hold for that long, ever. Maybe something went wrong? I usually get right through inside of 15 minutes.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
3SpoiledPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I will try to call again. I can't even log into it on my iphone. I just get an error message. This is the first time that I have had an issue online with ADR's. I've called several times for various reasons and have always waited on hold 30 minutes +. I call randomly during the day.
3SpoiledPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

It has been driving us CRAZY for weeks....it's awful!!

BUT, you should be able to cancel through the automated system, I did that just a few days ago, VERY simple.
Aug./Sept. 2012 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2008 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Issues here too! I hate it

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #11
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SpoiledPrincesses View Post
Thanks everyone. I will try to call again. I can't even log into it on my iphone. I just get an error message. This is the first time that I have had an issue online with ADR's. I've called several times for various reasons and have always waited on hold 30 minutes +. I call randomly during the day.
Wow... I wonder if the fact that I'm calling from Canada means I get shunted through a different switchboard? I called today and got a nearly-instant connection.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Hmm now I can't log in at all...to the website or the app....
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
mom2faith
DIS Veteran

I have been booted and had to resign in several times today.
mom2faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I have been able to use the website without any problems. Instead of outright canceling, have you simply tried booking the other reservation. I made a reservation on the site last night then found a different time that I wanted, so I went ahead and made that reservation. A box popped up that reminded me of the original reservation and allowed me to cancel that one and go ahead and make the new one.

Forget the app on your phone - it's a complete disaster. We were in WDW two weeks ago and I tried to make a few reservation on my phone on the fly. Disaster. I tried to make a lunch reservation for TTS in MK. Got the time and clicked through and it just said "loading" for the next hour. I called dining and they said they couldn't see the time or my reservation, so it was just hovering in neverland somewhere. I eventually had to completely delete the app from my phone as it wouldn't stop "loading" hours later. I re-loaded the app and tried to make other reservations and it never worked. Ended up just doing them from my laptop when I got back to the resort later in the day.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Wow... I wonder if the fact that I'm calling from Canada means I get shunted through a different switchboard? I called today and got a nearly-instant connection.
I don't think so. I'm from Canada also and have had really long waits. It depends on the number I am calling. Dining .. I get through pretty fast. Packages and Resort? I've waited over 40 minutes. And really that is one of my major sources of frustration with the Canadian website. Nothing works as it should so I have to call long distance from another country over and over and sit and wait.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: