Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer
 
calablovedisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 365

See 4 th MK fireworks on the 3 rd or switch to 5 th for LMT? What would you do?

We are here now and planned to eat at tonys tonight at 6 and stay for fireworks and EMH. However, now I have just read that for LMT they are doing the 4 th fireworks every night this week. So, would you stay with tonights plans....or...switch to see fireworks friday night. We will still go in for EMH, but after fireworks to avoid crazy crowds. I can get another reservation for. 5 :15 at tonys for Friday. I was planning to see wishes friday since i love that, but that is out now anyway. On the 4 th we are doinf epcot.
calablovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by calablovedisney View Post
We are here now and planned to eat at tonys tonight at 6 and stay for fireworks and EMH. However, now I have just read that for LMT they are doing the 4 th fireworks every night this week. So, would you stay with tonights plans....or...switch to see fireworks friday night. We will still go in for EMH, but after fireworks to avoid crazy crowds. I can get another reservation for. 5 :15 at tonys for Friday. I was planning to see wishes friday since i love that, but that is out now anyway. On the 4 th we are doinf epcot.
I would stay with your current plans. I don't see any major benefit to switching them around.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer
 
calablovedisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 365

I was thinking it would be less crowded on the 5th and then i would have my kids nap early evening tonight. But we usually nap afternoons if planning a very late night. I have read crowds are super crazy on the 3 rd and 4th. And EMH doesnt start till 1 am. I thought it would be earlier. Regular crowds could stay heavy till then unless lots of people leave after fireworks. Crowd calendar looks good for 5th, but was set before the LMT came out for this week i am sure. Maybe more people are thinking like me and wont go tonight. My dh is nervous if we switch something could go wrong and I miss them.
So maybe you are right.
calablovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by calablovedisney View Post
I was thinking it would be less crowded on the 5th and then i would have my kids nap early evening tonight. But we usually nap afternoons if planning a very late night. I have read crowds are super crazy on the 3 rd and 4th. And EMH doesnt start till 1 am. I thought it would be earlier. Regular crowds could stay heavy till then unless lots of people leave after fireworks. Crowd calendar looks good for 5th, but was set before the LMT came out for this week i am sure. Maybe more people are thinking like me and wont go tonight. My dh is nervous if we switch something could go wrong and I miss them.
So maybe you are right.
It will be a Friday night of a holiday weekend, one of the busiest holidays of the year. I doubt it.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer
 
calablovedisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 365

Thanks mesaboy2, for your thoughts. We stuck with the original plan. Dinner was great. Fireworks amazing, as was the show on the castle, not sure what it's called. Crowds were crazy, but manageable and got lighter as night went on. We stayed till 3! Srange how this can make sense in Disney only. Love love the MK late at night.
calablovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by calablovedisney View Post
Thanks mesaboy2, for your thoughts. We stuck with the original plan. Dinner was great. Fireworks amazing, as was the show on the castle, not sure what it's called. Crowds were crazy, but manageable and got lighter as night went on. We stayed till 3! Srange how this can make sense in Disney only. Love love the MK late at night.
You're welcome. Glad you had a great time! I wound up watching them last night myself via a live feed at Poly Beach. Cool, but not the same as in-person of course.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.