Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

It also depends on what kind of family you are. We like our time at the resort, so for us deluxe is the way to go due to the great pools, poolside activities, and easy transportation to the parks. Some families hit the parks from dawn to dusk and so deluxe wouldn't really make sense for them. I have priced out AoA for my family of 6, but the thought of lugging the kids and stroller on a bus to every park makes me cringe...
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Hi all

We have just booked 14 nights in a LK suite at AOA, we have stayed there before in a LM room and our boys loved the resort

I would really like to try out POLY and for our dates it's only just under a £1000 more! If we get free DP it will only work out £300 more!!

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 boys aged 8,8,10 so how big are the poly rooms? Would a family of our size be comfortable in the 1 room? We normally take my mum and so either have 2 rooms or stay at SSR in a 2 bed villa.
This next trip though will be just us ( argh no break or adult only time, how will we cope) lol.

DH wants us to go with the LK suite so we have some space to chill, I would just really love to do poly
We have stayed at Akl and found the rooms to be quite small if it was to be all 5 of us in one room so I'm hoping poly would be a lot bigger rooms since I hear the Akl rooms are small for a deluxe!

Anyways any opinions or help appreciated.
Another vote for the Poly. We've never stayed at any of the values, but we love everything about the Poly. The rooms are large and spacious and all rooms have a daybed, the atmosphere is beautiful and relaxing and you can't beat having the beach for watching the fireworks, and the pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle while swimming. Plus being on the monorail is great as it's convenient to the GF and CR for a variety of dining and shopping options. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter which resort you choose.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Another vote for the Poly but I would definitely request a balcony, just to make the room bigger. We are different, we love the bottom floor, the patio and grass makes the room bigger to me. DD16 took 2 friends with her a couple of times and we never seem cramped. If DH or I started feeling cramped while in the room we would sit out on patio or send them out to patio. Plus we love feeding the ducks and watching the rabbits hop around. With a difference of $600 I say enjoy walking to TTC, monorail to MK, the pool right on seven seas lagoon, and watching the fireworks from the beach if you like. Oh and there is also O'Hanas, Kona Cafe, and Captain Cooks to eat at. And the shopping all around the monorail and there restaurants! Yes definitely I would stay at Poly, now I want to stay there.
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14
Kimi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
Lembke4
Earning My Ears

Smile

My vote is for the Poly. The time saved on transportation alone is a big perk!
Lembke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Poly -- no question about it. The disadvantages of a value resort (no pool slide, noisy toilets, crowded food courts, threadbare towels, Motel 6 style accommodations) are not outweighed, IMO, by two rooms, two baths and two TVs at AoA.

We really feel the Disney magic at deluxe resorts so if you can swing it, go for it. The rooms are larger than AKL and quite comfortable.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: