Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #61
Judge Kemp
DisDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post

Not if you valet at CR like we did. Leave park, walk to car be home in 15 minutes. I don't know how long it takes from TTC we did valet both days we were at MK.

I see OP has picked the Poly...I think you will have an amazing vacation. We had a lot of fun when we were there...even though we didn't sleep there. It is a beautiful resort
If you don't mind me asking, how did you valet without CR dining reservations? Assume you used that TiW perk? I thought there was a time limit and you had to have reservation?

If not-worth $15 to me not to go through TTC!
Judge Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #62
Judge Kemp
DisDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Several years ago my vote was on site, but Disney keeps raising prices. They think their hotels are 5star but i have been lucky enough stay in true Deluxe hotels and Disney is a 3 star hotel charging Deluxe pricing. Service, features etc. Don't add up

Same is true for the values and mods. Outside corridors, small rooms, so so service. Just way overpriced. Once you remove the "cute" you realize the value hotel is a cinder block hotel.

I am now off site. I no longer feel magic on site I feel ripped off.

I always drive and except for the MK there is no significant time difference between my commute to my Lake Buena Vista hotel and my on site hotel.
Luxury hotels, by and large, are rated as such due to amenities and locations. They're not generally rated "luxury" because of the rooms. I stay frequently at the Helmsley across from Central Park. It's rooms are small, beds average, windows undersized, etc. it is a luxury hotel because of it location (literally across the street from the Park) and its other amenities.

If you think the Poly or another Deluxe is so far off the mark in quality, etc. I will respectfully disagree. It certainly has location and amenities down. I'd also argue the beds and rooms are up there with most luxury hotels.
Judge Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #63
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....

I have always had a hard time being able to articulate the reason that I love to stay on site, especially at deluxe properties, at WDW. But a PP just reminded me: because when you leave the parks, you're still at Disney. It doesn't actually feel like the vacation is on pause. A PP was describing what they love about Poly and hit the nail on the head. It's the whole ambience that even when you leave the Magic Kingdom and go back to your "hotel," you're really still in the resort, if you will. I have looked at pictures of all of the vacation homes, hotel suites nearby, etc. and although they seem very lovely, they're just hotels. They're not part of the WDW resort. When you leave the Magic Kingdom and go back there, you're just going anyplace. Just any hotel that could be any place in the world. And the beds might be really comfortable and the price might be very cheap for all the bedrooms, but really that hotel could be anywhere in the world. It's not special.

But when you leave the Magic Kingdom and you go to the Polynesian, you absolutely still feel like you're in Disney World. Vacation is not put on pause.... Disney World is still all around you and you're still immersed in the whole experience. That's why I find it so easy to do days where only half of the day is at the parks, because when you're at the resorts you feel like you're at the parks.

My vacation starts in 10 days… Can you tell? ;-)

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly
MichiganDVC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: