Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Online check in or not?

What's the difference? Are there pros to doing check in online instead of waiting until you arrive at your resort?

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Right now the only pro is it should take a little less time at the window if you do online check in because you have pre-registered and you packet will be waiting for you.

Once they roll out Fast Pass+, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your arrival AFTER you have done online check in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Right now the only pro is it should take a little less time at the window if you do online check in because you have pre-registered and you packet will be waiting for you.

Once they roll out Fast Pass+, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your arrival AFTER you have done online check in.
Is there a chance that you could get into your room before 4 if you don't check in online? Only reason I'm asking is because I did online check in last September and we arrived at the resort by 11am ( because of our flight). We were prepared to wait until 4 to check in so we hit the pool for the afternoon. Our room wasn't ready until about 4:20, which was no big deal. But, someone mentioned in another post that they pre assign your room when you check in online so you have a better chance of getting into your room earlier if you don't check in online. Is there any truth to that? It's not that big of a deal, and as I mentioned, we are prepared to wait again until 4 for our next trip but it would be convenient if we could get in sooner since our flight arrives at 10:30am.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Your room gets pre-assigned to you a couple days prior to your arrival whether you do online check-in or not. With online check-in, you do have the ability to detail what time you expect to arrive. And if you have no room requests, you up your chances to get into your room when you arrive.

ETA - From your signature I see you are staying in a Villa. I have heard that it is rare to get into a Villa much earlier than 4:00.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
ktrask
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post

Is there a chance that you could get into your room before 4 if you don't check in online? Only reason I'm asking is because I did online check in last September and we arrived at the resort by 11am ( because of our flight). We were prepared to wait until 4 to check in so we hit the pool for the afternoon. Our room wasn't ready until about 4:20, which was no big deal. But, someone mentioned in another post that they pre assign your room when you check in online so you have a better chance of getting into your room earlier if you don't check in online. Is there any truth to that? It's not that big of a deal, and as I mentioned, we are prepared to wait again until 4 for our next trip but it would be convenient if we could get in sooner since our flight arrives at 10:30am.
This is what I am curious about. Our flight lands at 10am, so I lean towards online check in. I get nervous because I hear things like Pete on the podcast complaining about it. It's a big unknown for me.
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is my understanding as well. Last year we did on line check in, we arrived at the BCV around 10:00 (after our Disney cruise) needless to say, our room wasn't ready. We really weren't expecting it since, check out is 11:00 (I believe). Anyway they sent us a text about 2 hours later, with all of our room information. This year (on-line check in again) we showed up at BCV around 1:00 & our room was ready.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your room gets pre-assigned to you a couple days prior to your arrival whether you do online check-in or not. With online check-in, you do have the ability to detail what time you expect to arrive. And if you have no room requests, you up your chances to get into your room when you arrive.

ETA - From your signature I see you are staying in a Villa. I have heard that it is rare to get into a Villa much earlier than 4:00.
Got it, thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: