Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #197
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just saying HI!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #198
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Wow, this TR is going quick. So much fun you all are having.
We enjoyed Raglan Road too. So cool you got to try the Grey stuff even if it wasn't that good. Love all the pictures around BOG
All the young ladies are darling.
Those girls are way braver than me, I so don't do ToT. Go girls
Can't wait to read more
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 07-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #199
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

I would love to go to WDW sometime during SW Weekends!

Surprising your TSMM FPs were for so late in the day, but you only had a 30 minute standby.

The girls all looked like they were having a great time together. And they posed for a really good tribute to Mr. Mark!!!

I really like your second redneck ToT ride photo...............but were you holding on there Ms. Kathy??? ToT will never be my favorite at DHS as long as they have RnR, but I am starting to appreciate it more with each time I ride it!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #200
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the compliments on the girls. They can be very cute at times-others not so much. They are getting ready for a week of "summer school" this week. They are excited to see their friends and teachers again. Here are a few pics and things about them-copied from our PTR.....

On to the stars of the trip!!! Please feel free to skip over the shameless bragging.....

Ms Avery is 9 and going into 4th grade. She is a straight A student who is working 2 grades ahead in English and 1 in math. She likes school but her biggest passion in life (for now) is gymnastics!!

She had her first competitive season this year and did great. She is the uneven bars state champion and 2nd on beam! She qualified for the Regional Team back in April and had another great meet. Received her highest All Around score ever and placed 3rd in the Region on bars (85 girls total) She is now training for the next level and recently attended camps both at ASU and UCLA

Avery also loves the beach and swimming

Favorite
Disney Resort AKV Kidani (our DVC home)
Disney Park Magic Kingdom
Disney Ride Tower of Terror (that's a new one, Ms Kathy will be VERY excited)
Disney Place to eat Plaza
Disney Character Belle

Avery is the more reserved of my 2 kiddos. But once she gets to know you she is a big hugger. She is beautiful,kind,sweet and an all around great kid. I am very blessed.

Next up is Ms Cayley who is 6 and going into the 2nd grade. She is also a Straight A student and is also working a grade level ahead. She is also a gymnast and just had her first meet

Cayley recently was asked to join team in gymnastics and will have her first competitive season this fall. To say she is excited is an understatement. She had a great time on our recent cruise (until she got sunburned)

Favorite
Disney Resort Saratoga Springs
Disney Park Magic Kingdom
Disney Ride BTMR and SM
Disney Place to eat Plaza
Disney Character Rapunzel

Cayley has never met a stranger. She will love on you all day long. Is passionate about all she does. She has a fabulous sense of humor and also is a great kid
Old 07-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #201
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

I only have 3 pics from our DhS day. Ms Kathy has already told you about the morning but these are from the evening. My good friend Judy and her family arrived that day. I am not going to pot pics of her kids cause I don't have permission.

We also briefly met up with some other "friends" for dinner. There was a bit of drama but in the end it was a fun night except for the rain.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #202
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I was terrified to try ToT the first time I went to WDW (2002...and I was 19 years old....) but now I love it too! Funny how that happens! Glad you convinced the girls to go on it!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #203
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Mary your girls are quite talented and adorable, I don't blame you for bragging one bit!! Congrats to Avery for doing so great in her competitions and good luck to Cayley in her upcoming first season competing!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #204
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

AMAZING girls!! My Daughter is sitting next to me as i am catching up on all TR. he said WOW SHE IS GOOD!!! so cute.

Kathy.you said there were two restaurants you are not a fan of.. What is the other?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #205
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

The girls are just so adorable! And you certainly had a very busy first day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
They had us winding around on the right side and I saw this in the back courtyard which I never even knew was there:
Don't you love it when that happens? That's is one of the things that is so amazing about Disneyworld, no matter how many times you can go, it can still surprise you!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #206
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Looks like it was a good time to go on Toy Story Midway Mania.

Glad the girls braved Tower of Terror. We think it is fun, but it is sometimes hard to convince people with all that screaming going on in the background!

Good luck to the girls in all of their gymnastic pursuits!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #207
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Brag away Mary!!You have every right too !!!Great kids and so darn cute !!! I have never eaten at the Plaza but think I really need to !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #208
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

great photos from DHS...the queue for TSM looks empty!
brave girls trying ToT for the first time!
love the hat photos for Mr. Mark!

Mary the girls look so awesome doing their gymnastics...brag away they deserve it! Avery's jump on the balance beam is very impressive!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #209
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Although I updated the PTR, I won't have time to do an update here (as I explained on my PTR, I'm off to the wake/Memorial for the husband of a dear friend that I have worked with for 30+years). But I do want to get my responses done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
We went to 'Ohana for dinner. We've done breakfast there many times but never dinner. We had Disney friends in town and they added us onto their ressie. Honestly, we loved it. Visions of pot stickers and banana bread pudding have been dancing in my head since Wednesday.
Thursday evening we tried Portobello's. Very good as well. Arancini, Margherita Pizza, White Chocolate Custard. Definitely another success.
I'm dying to try those pot stickers (Mark will enjoy the banana bread pudding...I don't do bananas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caught up. I think!

You're entitled...new job, etc.

The girls look like they are having a blast on their first day.

They sure did.

Yay for BOG! I really enjoyed it in there. It is very magical indeed!

I agree...very magical.

What - your luggage went to the wrong resort? That stinks.

I couldn't believe it.

Glad everyone enjoyed ToT. I would say you second redneck picture turned out much better than your first. Although I can tell everyone in the entire car is having a great time on that first ride!

Yes, I had a hard time with all the people blocking the view the first time around. I was a little worried about Brenna and Kenzie with all the yelling going on before the ride even started.

Fun updates!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I'm sure Mark was beaming from ear to ear with the girls and the hats; just way too cute. Forgive me on the names, but the one on the lefts Tshirt says it all to well, "cute" and with that snarl she certainly is looking "but dangerous."
That would be Kenzie; she cracked me up. Mark was very happy with the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh Those girls are soooo brave !!! T%oT is definitely NOT on my to do list!!Loved the Tribute to Mark with the hats !!!
Gee, Rosie, you sound like Captain_Oblivious with your feelings on TOT. Mark was so happy to see the girls filling in for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin all the updates and the pics. Oh how I miss the Magical Kingdom
Thanks; I hope you get back there one day soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm so glad they braved ToT! It is one of those rides that seem scary, but turns out to just be a ton of fun!

I agree; let's see if I can talk my chicken sh** son, Mark, into doing it next year. I'd wager the girls are much more brave than he is.

I love Star Wars and hope to go during Star Wars weekends sometime.
I've seen a couple of the movies, but it's been years and years and years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am all caught up!
I am so glad you found your pictures. I know how that is after losing a SD card on our 2011 cruise. At least my most important pictures weren't on it.

I remember when you lost that SD; so glad you had yoru important pictures elsewhere.

Dinner looks great. We had a preview one in Nov and I am hoping to snag one in March of next year.

Loved our food again.

Loving that the girls braved ToT!
So am I...I knew they would love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
this is my FAVORITE update!!! teh girls are so amazing!!
TOT is our favorite too!
The place looks dead!! yu just walked right on to TSM!! thats great!!!
i would LOVE to go during star wars weekend!!
AHHHHHHHH Mark Hats!!! perfect!!! So sweet to buy everyone little gifts!!

Yes they are all amazing girls; I remember Avery didn't ride the second time as she had a sore throat...we think she just needed a drink. Yes, there wasn't much of a wait at all for TSM! The girls deserved them for finally NOT listening to their dad and going on the ride.

ok patiently waiting for an update

Hopefully tomorrow for an update on this TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
I'll save you the trouble the last 4 pages at least have had the onging no refrigerators in the resorts debate...I don't even want to go to my PTR right now
Fred is home on Tues and Wed we go to POP for 2 nights, there you go you're all caught up with me

You are too funny; but I'm back on your PTR...as I'm always on your mind.

Having a great time with your TR great pictures !
Thank you, Ruthie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Hehe I love Star Wars! I had never been down here during Star Wars weekends. After the move, I woke up early one Saturday when Tony was leaving for work and said "See ya!!" My first solo park trip. I had so much fun.

I'm more of a chick flick girl; I mean, I did see the first three, but I couldn't tell you anything about them now. How fun that you went and did it solo.

One must never turn down a 30 minute wait for TSM. Love the pic of the girls in front of Mr. Potato Head.

Isn't that a great picture of my girls?

Love the ToT pic! I am a death grip gal. On everything. ToT, RnR, Space Mountain, Ellen's Energy Adventure (okay, I'm joking about that one. ) ... I couldn't release my hands if I wanted to.

Trust me, I was holding on and trying to watch the girls at the same time.

You gals are definitely having a great time so far!
We sure were; it's so much fun to travel with Mary and girls, and even more fun when Heather and her girls come.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #210
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
All caught up !!

Love your BOG photos !! Can't wait to try it out in September !!

All of your photos of those beautiful little girls make me smile. So, so cute !!

Susan
Thanks, Susan; I think you guys will really enjoy BOG. They are beautiful girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just saying HI!!!!!!
Hi again, Rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Wow, this TR is going quick. So much fun you all are having. With my next trip so close, I have to keep moving; plus I have three weddings in the next month to go to.

We enjoyed Raglan Road too. So cool you got to try the Grey stuff even if it wasn't that good. Love all the pictures around BOGIt was okay...just not out of this world something I had to have again

All the young ladies are darling. Yes they are.

Those girls are way braver than me, I so don't do ToT. Go girls
Can't wait to read more
I was very proud of them all (well, Avery's done it with me before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
I would love to go to WDW sometime during SW Weekends!

A lot of it wasn't going on because it kept raining, so didn't see the parade, etc.

Surprising your TSMM FPs were for so late in the day, but you only had a 30 minute standby.

Yes, I'm not sure why that happened; I know they were for late, late in the afternoon as we ended up giving them to the new travelers that hooked up with us later in the day

The girls all looked like they were having a great time together. And they posed for a really good tribute to Mr. Mark!!!

They did awesome with their tribute.

I really like your second redneck ToT ride photo...............but were you holding on there Ms. Kathy??? ToT will never be my favorite at DHS as long as they have RnR, but I am starting to appreciate it more with each time I ride it!!!
Yes, I was holding on...I'm 55 years old, not 10! I hate RnR...won't even do it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Thanks for all the compliments on the girls. They can be very cute at times-others not so much. They are getting ready for a week of "summer school" this week. They are excited to see their friends and teachers again. Here are a few pics and things about them-copied from our PTR.....
You can brag as much as you want...you have every reason to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I only have 3 pics from our DhS day. Ms Kathy has already told you about the morning but these are from the evening. My good friend Judy and her family arrived that day. I am not going to pot pics of her kids cause I don't have permission.

We also briefly met up with some other "friends" for dinner. There was a bit of drama but in the end it was a fun night except for the rain.
I love that picture of the girls in the rain...it just summed up the fun they were having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I was terrified to try ToT the first time I went to WDW (2002...and I was 19 years old....) but now I love it too! Funny how that happens! Glad you convinced the girls to go on it!
For some reason, I never feared TOT...not sure why as I usually don't like things that drop. I'm glad the girls went; now we'll never get them off it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

Kathy.you said there were two restaurants you are not a fan of.. What is the other?
I won't go back to Whispering Canyon Cafe or Hollywood & Vine; I wasn't a fan of Boatwright's. If we were staying at POR, I might give it another try, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to try it again. Also, Biergarten has fallen way down on our list of places to eat. It was inedible the last time we were there in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
The girls are just so adorable! And you certainly had a very busy first day!

We did have a very full first day, and so much fun too.

Don't you love it when that happens? That's is one of the things that is so amazing about Disneyworld, no matter how many times you can go, it can still surprise you!
It really is; always something new to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Looks like it was a good time to go on Toy Story Midway Mania.

The timing was great.

Glad the girls braved Tower of Terror. We think it is fun, but it is sometimes hard to convince people with all that screaming going on in the background!

I can certainly understand that. I think my 25 year old will hear all the screaming and decide NOT to ride next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
great photos from DHS...the queue for TSM looks empty!
brave girls trying ToT for the first time!
love the hat photos for Mr. Mark!
It really was empty and we zipped right through. Very proud of the three who tried it the first time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: