Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Uggg tell me Im not going to regret this!

So I had decided that this upcoming trip we would stay at the Poly. DH had agreed everyone was excited! Then Disney channel showed a commercial about AoA. When he saw the car suites he had me pull up some info about AoA and he was sucked in along with our two boys. Now they are sold and I would hate to disappoint them. ( My DH is so great when it comes to my Disney obsession he agrees to a yearly trip buys my Disney type stuff anytime he sees anything I might like ect) I feel since I always pick the resort and details ect I can throw him a bone. the only thing is I had my heart set on the Poly . Tell Me AoA is going to be awesome! Tell me Im going to be happy with my choice?!?!?

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

I think you will be happy there. I see in your signature you have not stayed at a deluxe before. If you were used to staying in deluxe's and that is where you were comfortable, then you might have a problem. But since you are used to value/mods I think you will love the AoA.

Would you be more happy at the Poly? maybe. Do you like to spend a lot of time at the resort, or are you more stay in the park people?

The one thing about the AoA and Pop that is awesome is the one bus stop. It's nice not to have to share with other resorts like you do at the Poly. Unless you are driving to the parks. then nevermind.

I want to stay at Aoa, but can't find the extra money to pay over what it would cost at Pop. oh well, maybe someday.

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012
Disney World - Jan 2 - 12 2014 Yea!!
wdwfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
So I had decided that this upcoming trip we would stay at the Poly. DH had agreed everyone was excited! Then Disney channel showed a commercial about AoA. When he saw the car suites he had me pull up some info about AoA and he was sucked in along with our two boys. Now they are sold and I would hate to disappoint them. ( My DH is so great when it comes to my Disney obsession he agrees to a yearly trip buys my Disney type stuff anytime he sees anything I might like ect) I feel since I always pick the resort and details ect I can throw him a bone. the only thing is I had my heart set on the Poly . Tell Me AoA is going to be awesome! Tell me Im going to be happy with my choice?!?!?
Sorry, I can't do that. We've camped at the Caribbean Beach, stayed at the Grand Floridian, the Beach Club, and the Swan and nothing compares to the Poly. It's our home away from home at WDW. Look on the bright side, staying at AoA will at least give you reason to get started planning your next trip back to stay at the Poly.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

My family stayed in a Cars suite last year and we absolutely loved it. There was ample space for the 5 of us, and having a private room with a queen bed and separate bathroom for the grownups was a fantastic perk. The Cars section is really well done, and it's particularly beautiful at night. We were able to watch the Epcot fireworks while floating in the pool in the evenings. I can't say much about the food court, as we were on the DDxP and only ate lunch at the resort a few times while we were on our midday break from the parks. It was not terribly crowded at lunch time, except for the day that it rained buckets all day.

I think if you go into it thinking you are going to hate it, you probably will. Stay positive. When I travel for work I generally stay at very high end hotels, and I had a fantastic time at the AoA because I wasn't expecting it to be the Four Seasons. I was expecting a fun, clean, comfortable room in a very well-themed resort. Seeing the joy on my kids face was worth it. You can always stay at a deluxe another time, but the kids won't be an age to enjoy the AoA forever. Let them savor it while they can.

AliceIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I also can't tell you that... as PPers have said, if you think you are going to hate it--you will. It won't kill you to stay where your husband wants to stay for a change....mine won't even GO to WDW.....
Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Sorry... me neither

Staying Poly & AoA are night and day, IMO (and FWIW, I have done both). I will say, that DH & the kiddos should be able to have their turn at picking the resort and I'm sure you will be fine but...

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
hill6
DIS Veteran

I know three families that have stayed there. No issues. They loved the extra space and bathroom.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
CuppieCake04
Mouseketeer

Just swimming in the big blue pool will make you smile..

You will love the smiles on your families faces.. you will get to the poly one day.

Your boys will love the theme of the room, and all will have a good time..
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Vote for cars suit here.

I think if you make them happy then next trip you can say its my turn and do the poly.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

I would stick with the Poly!

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Cappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

You said you visit yearly, correct?

I'd suggest letting DH and your sons pick this year, and planning your Poly trip for next year!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonears View Post

Sorry, I can't do that. We've camped at the Caribbean Beach, stayed at the Grand Floridian, the Beach Club, and the Swan and nothing compares to the Poly. It's our home away from home at WDW. Look on the bright side, staying at AoA will at least give you reason to get started planning your next trip back to stay at the Poly.
I agree completely. Why go value instead of deluxe. If deluxe is an option, why not?

Katie
Old 06-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I say go AOA...please your hubby and watch your kids smile....mine are grown and now we can go to a deluxe! We always stayed Music and POP while they were growing up...now it's our turn! Your husband will be happy that he picked the resort...so give him a chance!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I would go over the details of the resorts with them again. Maybe look on youtube and find a resort tour of each. I'm assuming they have been on the monorail..tell them that the monorail comes right to the resort at the Poly. Show them a video of wishes from the Poly beach. See what they choose. If they choose AoA, then go there and enjoy! If they choose Poly, do the same. You will have a great time either way, but I really would take their opinions into consideration!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
RainK
Mouseketeer

Another vote for AoA. It looks really nice and if the kids are happy and prefer to stay there, I think you'll love it. Plus, it's new and in tip top shape. Stay at Poly the next trip since you go annually anyways.
Enjoy and you'll have fun no matter what you choose.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: