DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

I'm assuming the quality of service is still the same? I've recently thought about resale (noting how expensive disney overseas trips actually are).

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Fantasia79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia79 View Post
I'm assuming the quality of service is still the same? I've recently thought about resale (noting how expensive disney overseas trips actually are).
Sure, quality of service is the same.

But what do you mean about how expensive Disney overseas trips actually are?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can't use resale points for Adventures by Disney trips.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
crisi
DIS Veteran

And when you use direct points, the cost per point isn't really a "value" - they are expensive trips no matter how you pay for them - possibly MORE expensive if you use points.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #20
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Deb & Bill, MissyRose and Crisi! I was looking at 'value' of an overseas Adventure by Disney trip using points. While it looks awesome (and I'm sure Disney has a lot of perks) it isn't really a cost effective travel overseas.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Ugh, early send. Sorry.

Like I was saying. The overseas option is cool, but going to Disney Properties seems to be the best use of points dollar for dollar. My only concern buying resale is Disney creating more advantage for direct buyers down the line.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Ugh, early send. Sorry.

Like I was saying. The overseas option is cool, but going to Disney Properties seems to be the best use of points dollar for dollar. My only concern buying resale is Disney creating more advantage for direct buyers down the line.

You could always rent out your points and use the cash to book the ABD trips if you really want them.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #23
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
The quality of service at DVC is the same for direct and resale buyers after the sale but the quality of service at the resorts is different IMO between DVC and Disney cash customers.

The resorts view DVC as a locked in client, we just keep checking in no matter what level of service they are giving. I'm not saying that they go out of their way to treat us poorly but if you were them, with limited time and resources, who will get your attention? The DVC guy who just keeps coming or the cash guest who needs to be handled to ensure repeat visits.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
DrKnow
Earning My Ears

As far as when you get to the your resort for your vacation stay, do the CMs even know that you are a resale or direct buyer? If they do know, how would they know? Is it logged in the system somehow? "Dr. Know is a resale buyer! Don't give him extra towels!"

1982 Offsite
1985 Offsite
1990 Caribbean Beach Resort
1996 All Star Music
2002 Caribbean Beach Resort
2003 Wilderness Lodge
2012 Coronado Springs
2013 Yacht Club
DrKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post
As far as when you get to the your resort for your vacation stay, do the CMs even know that you are a resale or direct buyer? If they do know, how would they know? Is it logged in the system somehow? "Dr. Know is a resale buyer! Don't give him extra towels!"
They do not know. Or care.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #26
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
In this regard, everyone is treated equally.

No ONE gets extra towels, unless you want to pay for them!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It actually is logged into the system who is a resale buyer and who isn't. At the resort level it shouldn't and likely won't make any difference. For MS it generally doesn't other than when you're getting started and for special considerations like when you're asking for leniency. Then of course there are the built in differentiations where you can't use points for certain things like DCL.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
AllieV
DIS Veteran

I bought resale and had my first trip in the spring. I walked into the contemporary to check into BLT by mistake. They were super nice and checked me in anyway. I needed my member card and the BLT DVC person helped me with it and was also very polite and even offered to send it up to the room if I didn't want to wait. She asked where my "home" was and when I said Vero, I expected awkward silence, much like I get on here when people think of me as a bottom feeder who got in the cheapest way possible. But all the dvc people who asked me that question were very quick to say "I LOVE that resort" then proceed to say what they liked about it specifically. It was very welcoming.

I had to call customer service to help with my reservation when I made it because of a waitlist and needing to buy 4 more points. They too were uber polite and helpful.

I rented points for about 8 years and I will say that I got the exact same polite service. Even when I was looking for prejudice or a highbrow look, it was never there.

That said . . . there is no pleasing everyone. On the Magical Express bus ride back to the airport, there was a family sitting behind us and the woman kept going on and on rating customer experience at various places she'd stayed. She kept saying that Disney was "nice" even "very nice" but "that was all" (I'm sitting there thinking "that's all???") and went on to compare service at various island resorts where they were "over the top nice".
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #29
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
That said . . . there is no pleasing everyone. On the Magical Express bus ride back to the airport, there was a family sitting behind us and the woman kept going on and on rating customer experience at various places she'd stayed. She kept saying that Disney was "nice" even "very nice" but "that was all" (I'm sitting there thinking "that's all???") and went on to compare service at various island resorts where they were "over the top nice".
In general I would have to agree with your statements about what you overheard. From an overall resort standpoint Disney is good but not great. On a 5 star system I'd put GF at 4 stars, the rest of the deluxe's at somewhere around 3.5 stars. From a service standpoint, about the highest I'd give anywhere is 3.5 stars, generally 3 or a little below. That's Disney overall. When you look only at timeshares, I find DVC average to good compared to even other similar timeshares ignoring the Ritz and Four Seasons. In general I think all of our Bluegreen, Wyndham and Marriott stays have produced better and more responsive service than DVC.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #30
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
In general I would have to agree with your statements about what you overheard. From an overall resort standpoint Disney is good but not great. On a 5 star system I'd put GF at 4 stars, the rest of the deluxe's at somewhere around 3.5 stars. From a service standpoint, about the highest I'd give anywhere is 3.5 stars, generally 3 or a little below. That's Disney overall. When you look only at timeshares, I find DVC average to good compared to even other similar timeshares ignoring the Ritz and Four Seasons. In general I think all of our Bluegreen, Wyndham and Marriott stays have produced better and more responsive service than DVC.
I would agree. If I stayed in a room that was comparable to the Disney "Deluxe" DVC rooms at another chain, I would not be returning. The fact that it is so convenient and so close to the parks allows me to relax my standards a bit. In comparison, we also own Marriott and the accommodations (from towels, to lines, to mattresses, to furnishings) are, for the most part, significantly nicer than Disney's offerings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: