Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
maslex
DIS Veteran

Pigeon Forge Dinner Shows?

For those who've been to any of the dinner shows in Pigeon Forge TN, can you tell me if you need reservations or can you just walk up?

Not sure which ones we're going to but we're thinking of Dixie Stampede, Hatfield & McCoy and the Lumberjack one. Any other good ones that you can think of?
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

I haven't been there in a few years, but I would definitely make reservations. Seating was based on when you made the reservation, so the earlier you reserve, the better the seats you will get. I remember we enjoyed Dixie Stampede, the magic show, the Comedy Barn is corny-but funny, and some others. I love that area, there is a ton to do, but honestly, I spend as much as on a Disney vacation there!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Love love the Dixie stampede. Def pre- order tics
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
disneydawg10
Earning My Ears

We usually buy our tickets in the morning the day of the show. Sometimes we would also plan out our shows for the duration of our trip and buy all the ones we can at the ticket center (we used the one in sevierville). We don't always like to plan ahead, but we would often get our tickets in the morning just to be prepared for the day. The comedy barn isn't a dinner but it is a fun family show (funny and entertaining - it reminds me of my days watching hee haw). The titanic exhibit isn't a dinner show, but it is a neat exhibit. Don't know if it is still showing, but we saw Joseph and the technicolor dream coat (excellent show). I also love going to dollywood just to watch the shows (the rides are fun too). Hope you have a great time!
disneydawg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
maslex
DIS Veteran

Yeah, we're also doing the Comedy Barn. I think there might be some specials where you can buy 2 tickets for a discounted price, right? I'll definitely have to check it out. Can't wait !!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Are you going to Dollywood as well? You can normally "package" Dollywood tickets and Dixie stampede tickets.

If you know for certain what shows you want, I would call and make a reservation. You are going at a very busy time and it will be crowded like horn honking, patience thinning honking and then the sidewalks will also be busy when walking.

There are several ticket places around the town to try to get discount tickets. There are also several of those booklets with coupons and discounts all around town. When you come off the interstate and come into Sevierville, you will see a big welcome center/ticket building. I would stop there and pick up the coupon books you can. They usually include b1g1 free mini golf or go kart racing.

I always use my Old Mill coupons! I stock on dry good soups while there. Stop by the candy store there as well for some great fudge!

ETA: Beware of all the timeshare ticket places! They are up and down the strip hassling trying to get you in with tickets and shows and dinners. Unless that is your thing,
go to a "official" ticket building.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Definitely make reservations. We loved the Dixie Stampede. It is awesome! We went several times with all ages and everyone loved it.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky'sMom View Post
I haven't been there in a few years, but I would definitely make reservations. Seating was based on when you made the reservation, so the earlier you reserve, the better the seats you will get. I remember we enjoyed Dixie Stampede, the magic show, the Comedy Barn is corny-but funny, and some others. I love that area, there is a ton to do, but honestly, I spend as much as on a Disney vacation there!
Yes, I agree about the cost. There is so much to do and we end up spending as much as we do at WDW.
We love the Comedy Barn show and go each time we are in Pigeon Forge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydawg10 View Post
We usually buy our tickets in the morning the day of the show. Sometimes we would also plan out our shows for the duration of our trip and buy all the ones we can at the ticket center (we used the one in sevierville). We don't always like to plan ahead, but we would often get our tickets in the morning just to be prepared for the day. The comedy barn isn't a dinner but it is a fun family show (funny and entertaining - it reminds me of my days watching hee haw). The titanic exhibit isn't a dinner show, but it is a neat exhibit. Don't know if it is still showing, but we saw Joseph and the technicolor dream coat (excellent show). I also love going to dollywood just to watch the shows (the rides are fun too). Hope you have a great time!
Yes, the Titanic museum is a wonderful thing to experience. The Joseph show was fantastic! It was at the Miracle Theater. I am not sure if it is still playing. That theater changes out shows at times. I am not sure what is playing there now, but it is worth checking out. The theater itself is huge and beautiful!
Dollywood is fun too.

I agree with others; I would make show reservations.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
maslex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post
Are you going to Dollywood as well? You can normally "package" Dollywood tickets and Dixie stampede tickets.

If you know for certain what shows you want, I would call and make a reservation. You are going at a very busy time and it will be crowded like horn honking, patience thinning honking and then the sidewalks will also be busy when walking.

There are several ticket places around the town to try to get discount tickets. There are also several of those booklets with coupons and discounts all around town. When you come off the interstate and come into Sevierville, you will see a big welcome center/ticket building. I would stop there and pick up the coupon books you can. They usually include b1g1 free mini golf or go kart racing.

I always use my Old Mill coupons! I stock on dry good soups while there. Stop by the candy store there as well for some great fudge!

ETA: Beware of all the timeshare ticket places! They are up and down the strip hassling trying to get you in with tickets and shows and dinners. Unless that is your thing,
go to a "official" ticket building.
I will definitely get one of those coupon books.

We're also going to be doing mini golf and go kart racing so those b1g1 coupons will come in handy.

We're also going to Old Mill and probably Applewood Farmer.

And which candy store are you referring to? That is one thing that I ALWAYS get when on vacation.....fudge !!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
I will definitely get one of those coupon books.

We're also going to be doing mini golf and go kart racing so those b1g1 coupons will come in handy.

We're also going to Old Mill and probably Applewood Farmer.

And which candy store are you referring to? That is one thing that I ALWAYS get when on vacation.....fudge !!!
There are all kinds of candy/fudge shops in Piegon Forge and Gatlinburg.
I'm a person of routine so I always shop at the square at the Old Mill. Besides the restaurant, there is the general store(where I get my soup mixes, biscuit mix and homemade jams), a candy store(gotta have fudge and some taffy) and we usually stop again later on at the ice cream place for a sundae to share. There is an old fashion looking toy store there as well that is interesting as well as a pottery store.

In Gatlinburg, there is a nice grandma looking fudge store at stop light 3 of 4 I think. They have some good dipped strawberries and apples. We have one apple sliced up and share that as a treat. Don't know if ya'll are beer drinkers, but we had good burgers and beer at the Smoky Mountain brewery the last time we were there.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #11
Tinkermommy
Not too exciting but we all can't have a tipped uterus!

We went to the Lumberjack show and my kids loved it! The food was pretty good as well.

Both of my children got "cookies" (slices of logs from the show) that they have displayed in their room. My son still talks about it.

I have heard good things about Dixie Stampede. I would do that one next.

Tinkermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Went to Dixie Stampede last week. We called the day before for reservations and all the 6:00 shows for the next several days were already booked so we ended up doing an 8:30 show. We were also seated in the last section. You can still see what is going on in the middle, but I would have preferred a more central seat. Book this one is advance.

We loved the Roaring Forks Motor trail too. Very windy and lots of cars out that day, but just a beautiful place. We pulled over a couple of times to walk trails and take pics.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Anything Dolly will be worth it. (not sure if I can say the same about others) And, YES, call now, NOW, for reservations for Dixie Stampede if you want to go. Be aware, the back row is fine... We prefer it! you have your own chairs, as opposed to being crammed in on the bench seating. And, it is not like you are far back. Do try to get mid-arena seating, as opposed to seats at either side.

The motor nature trail is nice.
I do prefer to picnic at the Chimneys on that big gorgeous rushing mountain creek.

Ole Smokey Candy Kitchen all the way.
That is where you want to get your fudge and candy.
Ohhh, unless you want good fudge from Kilwins.
I had their original fudge while ON Macinaw Island. Delish!
BOTH should be really good fudge.

Hope you have a really great vacation!
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
Anything Dolly will be worth it. (not sure if I can say the same about others) And, YES, call now, NOW, for reservations for Dixie Stampede if you want to go. Be aware, the back row is fine... We prefer it! you have your own chairs, as opposed to being crammed in on the bench seating. And, it is not like you are far back. Do try to get mid-arena seating, as opposed to seats at either side.

The motor nature trail is nice.
I do prefer to picnic at the Chimneys on that big gorgeous rushing mountain creek.
Ole Smokey Candy Kitchen all the way.
That is where you want to get your fudge and candy.
Ohhh, unless you want good fudge from Kilwins.
I had their original fudge while ON Macinaw Island. Delish!
BOTH should be really good fudge.

Hope you have a really great vacation!
Yes! We spend a few hours at the Chimneys on each of our trips too. It is so gorgeous there.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
maslex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
We went to the Lumberjack show and my kids loved it! The food was pretty good as well.

Both of my children got "cookies" (slices of logs from the show) that they have displayed in their room. My son still talks about it.

I have heard good things about Dixie Stampede. I would do that one next.

1) Is this a dinner show too? Or just a show?

2) How well do you think teenaged boys would like this show? (16 & 17)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: