Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qits View Post
Hi everyone, will I be able to get the crab legs and shrimp at EG?
You took the words right out of my mouth. That is my question also. We will have 10 adults, so I am EG would be easier - but I really want the crab legs and would love to sit outside if the weather is nice.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #32
princesspeaony
Have Champagne, will travel!

Whoa, wait, crab legs AND alfresco seating??! Really??? In!
princesspeaony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

We ate at Cabanas last year. We chatted for a while with one of the servers. He asked where we were eating that night. We told him. He asked what our table number was. We told him. It turned out he was our server at dinner for the week. What are the chances

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #34
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

if you decide to go to eg for lunch do they seat you at your own table or do they seat you with others? its only two of us this time and I would rather not be seated with strangers to start out with.
whats everyones experience?
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #35
mgothel
Mouseketeer

What are some of the foods that are offered on the EG buffet? Or what is served at Cabanas and not at EG?
mgothel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #36
MK4ever
Mouseketeer

Do they have lamb chops at both?
Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #37
aprilchem
DIS Veteran

On our August '13 Fantasy cruise we chose Cabanas, just because it was the first one we found. Next time I will definitely try EG, because Cabanas was jam packed (and we were boarding #12). We got plates for the kids and then ended up walking around for 20 minutes trying to find a seat; by the time we finally found an empty table to seat 5 I was so stressed! We've got 3 small kids, so holding food, carry ons, and trying to keep them from bumping into people was hard.
aprilchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #38
tinkattu6
Mouseketeer

Do they have the seafood bar at EG with the crab and mussles?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
if you decide to go to eg for lunch do they seat you at your own table or do they seat you with others? its only two of us this time and I would rather not be seated with strangers to start out with.
whats everyones experience?
It will just be the two of you. They will not seat you with another party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgothel View Post
What are some of the foods that are offered on the EG buffet? Or what is served at Cabanas and not at EG?
It is a smaller buffet than Cabanas but they had some nice choices last year. There were cheeses, cold cuts, roast beef, grilled chicken, paninis, lamb chops, asparagus, potatoes, pasta, ice cream, desserts, potato leek soup, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK4ever View Post
Do they have lamb chops at both?
Yes, they do have lamb chops at both.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #40
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

I never even thought of going to the dining rooms on either Fantasy or Magic. I just love eating al fresco, or next best thing, looking out big windows at the hustle and bustle of the port. Eating outside on the Magic was my very favorite thing.
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #41
oldwildernesspeacock
Earning My Ears

EG has a staff that will bring you drinks and answer questions that may arise. Much less noise and the quiet will be appreciated, after you visit Cabanas for lunch during the cruise.
oldwildernesspeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #42
caitlinS9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
I never even thought of going to the dining rooms on either Fantasy or Magic. I just love eating al fresco, or next best thing, looking out big windows at the hustle and bustle of the port. Eating outside on the Magic was my very favorite thing.
We ate in the dining room (PC i think) on the Wonder & sat by the windows & enjoyed watching all the people board. Our first cruise we went to Cabanas (on the dream) and it was too much for me.

To the OP or whomever, I would say it's a personal preference --- if you are like me & don't handle crowds & chaos well, go the dining room. If you are ok with crowds, then Cabanas is fine.

I will also say that the peel & eat shrimp was at PC. Can't remember about crab legs.
caitlinS9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #43
qits
Mouseketeer

Since we did the 3 day cruise did not want to waist time waiting to be seated. So chose Cabanas wich was easy to find and quick.
qits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
Jimbob22
Earning My Ears

I liked the buffet layout on the Wonder (PC) much more than the Dream (EG). On the former, there was a lot of space around the buffet, you could walk on both sides and easily pop in and get something.

On the Dream, you could only walk on one side of it, not near as much walking space to get a good look at everything, and the later arrivals (1-2pm range) had to wait in line to go through the buffet. You could go back up, wiggle in between everyone and get to the desserts, but if you wanted seconds on the buffet, you needed to get back in line. Still a good experience overall, but PC on the Wonder felt less crowded during the lunch buffet.

EG had two buffet lines, I think they had some of the same things, but a bit later I think I saw carving station meats on only the left side. I did the right side (desserts are in middle) and there were no carving meats on the right (but plenty of other good things).

If someone goes to Cabanas, I recommend doing a good reconnaissance, walking around the whole thing, and then popping in to get what you want. Much of the same foods repeat and it's designed as 'stations', no need to wait in a long line by the door. After 3 days, I'm still not sure I got that familiar with the layout, and only on day 2 noticed that they had carving stations (previously I hadn't walked through that part of Cabanas).
Jimbob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #45
slindamood
DIS Veteran

We had always done PC when on the Magic and Wonder, but last December on the Dream we tried Cabanas and loved it.

Secret - we did not board until close to 1:30, headed straight to our cabins, dumped stuff off, looked at DU and DCL gifts, unpacked quickly, then about 2 PM headed up to Cabanas not carrying anything. The aft outside seating area was empty. Not a person out there, and it was warm. I even asked a CM if it was still open. We claimed a table (5 of us including infant in stroller) and got our food. CM brought all our silver and linen napkins, and even offered to bring drinks (maybe because of the baby).

A few more tables filled but it was never crowded. Most relaxing start to a cruise ever.
November 2007 Thanksgiving Wonder
August 2007 Westbound Transatlantic Magic
November 2005 Thanksgiving Wonder
December 2002 pre-Christmas Magic
December 2001 Christmas Magic
DVC member since 1998 - BoardWalk Villas
slindamood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: