Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

Splurged on a disneyVIP guide and loved it and GAC update

We booked a Disney VIP guide for our trip. Our guide was our human fast pass and was Even able to use the FP+ test ride lines!We rode 16 rides in 6 hours in MK last week and had reserved seats for the 3:00 parade that were on the bridge going not Frontierland. It was pricey. But we loved getting inside info. Our guide works guest services when they aren't doing tours. The guide told us about the way they at tightening up on GAC to prevent fraud. There are actually 4 types of GAC and some could actually make your wait time longer. Can't do stairs, can't stand in the sun? Each get a different pass for wait areas.
She said a young cheerleader with a sprained wrist asked for one but they sad they could only give her one if she planned to walk on her hands all day., a pregnant girl said she needed one because she was pregnant. She told her that was not a disability. Then the same girl said that she needed it because her mom was old- again, not a disability .and lastly, a guy said he needed one because his son was "Artistic". A woman two people after him also needed one and surprisingly had the same unusual name. That person said she couldn't wait in the sun. Each one got a different GAC as thy had different " needs". She said they are really working hard to give the cards to those who really need it
As for the GAC " tour guides" several of them have closed their sites since the bad attention was brought out

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
kittyninja
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy!

Good to hear!! I know the Today show said that Disney was getting tighter and that the people who make sure the ADA is not violated were getting behind them! :D Yay Disney!!

2000--First Disney Trip * 2007--Christmas in the World (if mom doesn't put up the tree!) * 2009--Visiting my CP sis! * 2010--Harry Potter has come to US *
* May 2011--Graduation trip, IOA and DW * November 2011--Celebration of the 7 HP movies, "Did I just hug a Weasley twin?!" *
* 2012--1 Year Anniversary Trip with my HPBF, IOA * 2013--Graduation/Christmas Trip, Nana and Her Princesses * 2014--Show Your Disney Side, Universal, and Bubba Gump Shrimp!! * 2014--Frozen Sister Weekend!! * 2014--Diagon Alley 3 Year Anniversary Trip * 2014--Not So Scary Sister Weekend: First MNSSHP *

Frozen was made for ice skating!! The BEST Disney on Ice ever!!

kittyninja is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

There are definitely more than 4 "types" of GACs and accommodations.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
There are definitely more than 4 "types" of GACs and accommodations.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
SharonS
Mouseketeer

Glad you enjoyed your trip. No offense, but the VIP guides allow those with enough money to bypass the lines. While I thoroughly agree that those folks selling their GAC benefits as tour guides is wrong, I also have a problem with the whole vip guide.

The only real difference here is that the money was going into Disneys pocket instead of someone else
SharonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
patty57
DIS Veteran

The VIP guide must have been great. Definitely not on our radar due to costs, but I sure wouldn't mind doing it! As far as GAC goes, my boys are musicians, wonder if that counts as "artistic"?
patty57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonS View Post
Glad you enjoyed your trip. No offense, but the VIP guides allow those with enough money to bypass the lines. While I thoroughly agree that those folks selling their GAC benefits as tour guides is wrong, I also have a problem with the whole vip guide.

The only real difference here is that the money was going into Disneys pocket instead of someone else
I have no issue with the Disney VIP tours. Money buys access to things. Always has and always will. Look at the hotel placement. Don't want to spend a lot bare bones all star. Want to spend more monorail resorts with easy acces to mk and Epcot. Want more concierge/club level gives you access to more amenities.
Op glad you enjoyed your tour. I'm considering the same one our next trip if I can convince nine of my party to do it with me.
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
The VIP guide must have been great. Definitely not on our radar due to costs, but I sure wouldn't mind doing it! As far as GAC goes, my boys are musicians, wonder if that counts as "artistic"?
As long as your last name is Jonas, I'm sure it counts.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But isn't the same true of anything? People who can afford to stay on site get EMH. People who can afford MNSSHP can get free candy and special meet & greets. VIP tours are the same. If a VIP tour is how you want to spend your vacation money, then you should get the perks, just like any other price-related perk.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No offense, but what's wrong with that? Those of us who have enough money to go to WDW in the first place are obtaining a service that many others can't afford. Should we stop going on vacation out of a sense of fairness? Supply and demand. They can only give so many tours a day and there are thousands of guests who would like to take a tour. Plus, if the tours didn't cost as much, more people would take the tour. That would mean even MORE people "bypassing the lines."

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your tour! Sounds awesome.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:

By this argument, everything should be free, otherwise it's unfair.

WDW charges up to about $100 per day for park admission, which only "allows those with enough money" to enter the park. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #13
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:

and what about privately renting out the park?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

I just worry that they won't give passes for people who actually need it. My dad has an autoimmune disease, but you can't tell looking at him. Aren't you not supposed to have to divulge medical info in order to get assistance? Now it seems like you will have to give a medical history.

And pregnancy complications can need extra help. I went with a friend to Disney when she was 6 months pregnant. She had medical issues and because of birth defects she couldn't be on her normal medications, so her MD said she could go, but she couldn't walk around the park and needed to be in the shade and cool. We of course went to Guest Relations and explained her circumstances. We had no idea at the time what to expect. They gave us a card for having shade options, but thankfully most lines now accommodate wheelchairs because there are a lot of people who don't have stamina for the parks and the heat. Also, most of the lines were covered and often air conditioned. I think everyone likes that! It's sad that people try to take advantage, but it can also be difficult because I feel like every guest relations CM starts out with the assumption that you are trying to cheat the system unless you have something quickly identifiable by a single word like Autism.
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #15
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your tour!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: