Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #46
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasywtch View Post
By Monsanto! I wonder how many kids including myself believed they were shrinking us and we were riding up that thing in minature? I can remember trying to see if I recognized someone's clothing standing by me LOL
I TOTALLY thought I shrunk in that ride! Scared me and I remember having dreams about it later too! That was my first trip when I was 3.......I LOVED the motor boat cruise when I was little! I really believed I was driving. Swiss Family Robinson tree house was a favorite too. I love that movie. I really miss the Peoplemover and the Skyway. They were so much fun! and a nice rest for your feet too. Being able to see the inside of Space Mountain was so cool!

My mom has the best stories about real mermaids in the subs (and men jumping into the water to get the mermaids! LOL) and riding on the Flying Saucer things in Tomorrowland they modeled Luigi's flying tires after.
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #47
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
What was the 360 degree screen thats where the Buzz Lightyear ride is now?
Does the Disneyland Hotel still have an arcade that is under the pool?
I remember staying at the Emerald Hotel that was a couple doors south of the DL hotel
They got rid of that a long time ago.

I remember when a year long pass to Disneyland was ONLY $100!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #48
elphaba91
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoDoleWhip View Post
No shame, but I remember Rocket Rods when they were functional.. :D (ahaha, I must be the only one that misses that ride despite its many issues.) and I remember the People Mover.
This was one of two rides (the other being Indiana Jones) that my little sister was too short for when we went as kids. We're planning a trip now and she told me how excited she was to be able to ride on Rocket Rods because she was so jealous while watching my older sister and I on it! I wasn't quite sure how to break it to her!
elphaba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #49
BirdsSingWords
...and the Flowers Croon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphaba91 View Post
This was one of two rides (the other being Indiana Jones) that my little sister was too short for when we went as kids. We're planning a trip now and she told me how excited she was to be able to ride on Rocket Rods because she was so jealous while watching my older sister and I on it! I wasn't quite sure how to break it to her!
I looooved Rocket Rods. It was only up and running during one of my trips, and we went on it twice (once standby, once single rider). I thought it was exhilarating, especially at night! But it was broken down more often than not during that visit, seemed like.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #50
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienneDisneyfan View Post
I remember riding the gondolas (don't remember the actual name) with my parents in either 1974 or 1976. The ride stopped while our car was in the middle of the Matterhorn. It was a half hour before it started up again. None of us were worried in the least. We watched the bobsleds go by, and chatted away the time.
I just have a vague memory of those, I must have been 5 or 6 years old. I wish they were still there.
momof4fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #51
NiceOneSimba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
What was the 360 degree screen thats where the Buzz Lightyear ride is now?
Does the Disneyland Hotel still have an arcade that is under the pool?
I remember staying at the Emerald Hotel that was a couple doors south of the DL hotel
Wasn't it called CircleVision? I remember that, too!
WDW Trips: 11/1978 DLR Trips: 7/1988 (first visit!), 7/1991, 4/2008 (with students) Anabella, 4/2011 (with students) Anabella, 9/2011 (DD's first trip!) BWPPI, 8/2012 Tropicana, 1/18-20/2014 (Tink Half Marathon) BWPPI, 1/29-2/2/2014 (DD's 5th birthday surprise!) DI&S
Upcoming: Innaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend (Rebel Challenge) DI&S
NiceOneSimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #52
WTFetus
Mouseketeer

I remember when the Disney characters walked freely throughout the park the entire day. Kids would be so happy just running into them during the day to take pictures and get autographs. Now you have to go to them the majority of the time.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #53
disneylover365
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland1084 View Post
admission price was only $28.75. Compared to today's price, $28.75 is pocket change. And yes, I know Disneyland has more now than it did 20+ years ago. So, what do you remember at Disneyland that is no longer?
Lol well I'm only 13 so I remember when the Jedi Star Wars training thing used to be a Buzz Lightyear show (or a meet and greet I can't remember)
disneylover365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #54
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous View Post
Circlevision! That used to make me so sick. I much preferred it as the line for Rocket Rods, but it was always sooooo long because it would break down so much.
I hated Circlevision. I remember it from an 8th grade trip (early 80's.) I had to exit before I barfed! Also I remember my friend and I getting our picture taken with Goofy and we didn't have to wait in line.
momof4fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #55
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I remember when the Disney characters walked freely throughout the park the entire day. Kids would be so happy just running into them during the day to take pictures and get autographs. Now you have to go to them the majority of the time.
Nothing is more magical than randomly bumping into a character at DL. Waiting in line at a designated location is just not the same.
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #56
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post
Nothing is more magical than randomly bumping into a character at DL. Waiting in line at a designated location is just not the same.
I know what you mean. I once arrived at Disneyland at 7 am for early entry. I randomly ran into both Mickey AND Minnie in front of Small World. How rare is that??? I felt SOOOO lucky to get a picture with them with practically no one around.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #57
ScrtSolstice
Yensid would be proud.

They still had the original voyage the first time I went as a kid - though it was definitely less popular than the updated Finding Nemo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: