Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Mama added her contributions in blue

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
Disneyfreak095
Earning My Ears

We are going to be staying at POR starting 8/14!!! I can not wait, we'll be there until the 21st! Maybe we'll see each other!

Offsite-'97 Offsite-'98 Offsite-'01 Offsite-'02 OKW-'04 All Star Movies-'06 CSR-'08 All Star Music-'10 OKW-'11 OKW/Vero Beach-'12 POR-'13 Pop Century-'14
Disneyfreak095 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
Roccosmom
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in- sounds like a fun time!
Roccosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak095 View Post
We are going to be staying at POR starting 8/14!!! I can not wait, we'll be there until the 21st! Maybe we'll see each other!
Maybe! POR is pretty well out of our way, but sometimes the buses head over there after picking up at POFQ. I'll keep an eye out!

You and I are soooooooo close to DISNEY DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccosmom View Post
I'm joining in- sounds like a fun time!
Welcome!!!! We're glad you're here for the ride
Oh, lots and lots of fun! It's going to be a 2 week non-stop party!

Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

ahh I started reading this the other day and forgot to subscribe. All caught up now! For counter service in the new Fantasyland I recommend Be Our Guest, unless you have a dinner ADR there?

dtr_angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #21
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
ahh I started reading this the other day and forgot to subscribe. All caught up now! For counter service in the new Fantasyland I recommend Be Our Guest, unless you have a dinner ADR there?
I think we're definitely going to try BOG for lunch. We don't have a dinner ADR because surprisingly, we liked the lunch menu more! I don't know if we're going to line up before lunch starts or just as it's ending. I've read that those are the two strategies. Did you try it?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #22
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Monday, August 12

Good Morning! Since we probably didn't get back to our hotel until around 2am, it is very likely that we will sleep in until 9:30...... Oh. Just kidding. NO SLEEPING!

Of course we'll be out at the bus stop at approximately 8:15-8:30, heading to EPCOT.

We are currently watching the Full House episode where Danny proposes to Vicky in front of the Castle. Watching the cast go on all the different rides and seeing all the beautiful places there makes me sooooo excited! Just saw Spaceship Earth!

I cannot wait to try the croissant pudding from Sunshine Seasons for breakfast!

We'll spend the morning doing the rounds in Future World, definitely starting with a Soarin' Fastpass, taking a spin on Test Track, building our own roller coaster, and going under the sea with Nemo. I predict that we'll have lunch at Sunshine Seasons before heading out to explore the World!

I have heard tales of that roller coaster at Innoventions. Somehow I have missed it on past trips. Not this time! I want to make a crazy, turning, twisting, screaming vortex of fun!

I am so excited for World Showcase. I don't think I've ever actually seen every country. On my very first trip in 2002 (when I was 12), we didn't really go into the countries. In January 2012 and April 2013 we only had 1 day at Epcot and didn't get to explore as much as we would have liked. I don't think I've ever been into France!

Well, that will change this trip! And it will be amazing to actually get to see every country without rushing to the next. NO TIME SCHEDULE! I'm guessing we'll pick 3 or 4 countries each time. That sounds much more doable!

When we go to World Showcase we should start with Mexico. The picture inside the pavilion looks so cool and I am always up for a bit of shopping in an outdoor market. And after that we need to go to the China pavilion and stand in the center of the rings. Gotta try out that echo type thing I've heard about. And then to Morocco because it seems to get so little press, but the decor is beautiful. Did you know the King of Morocco financed the pavilion? And how about Italy and France and their romantic architecture? I know, I know. That is more than 3 or 4 countries. But how do you expect me to choose? I sense a commando feeling coming on....

We'll only spend an hour or two in World Showcase before heading back to POFQ for an afternoon break. THAT'S RIGHT. I said a BREAK. A rest. A time of rejuvenation and relaxation. On our SECOND full day. Yes, I know it may seem a little early in our trip to schedule a break, but before you bring on the witch trials, let me explain myself. I try to be a logical human being. And in this instance, I feel the most logical thing is to take care of ourselves. Commando-ing ourselves into the magical pixie dusted ground will not make Day 13 very enjoyable. So we are taking daily breaks.

We might go to the pool, watch a movie, or even take a nap. We are on vacation! After a couple of hours, we'll head back to Epcot to continue exploring the World!

Since we have 15 days (eek!) to tour the parks we are able to take a break of some sort in the middle of the day when the sun is at its hottest. A dip in the pool AND a nap may not be out of the question. I just hope I remember to allow myself that luxury. After all -- there is no sleeping in Disney!

I'm assuming we'll go back to World Showcase and pick up where we left off, but we might hang out in Future World and do some of the lower-trafficked attractions. At this time of day, I don't think we'll be riding Soarin'! On principle, I refuse to wait 30 mins, let alone 60 mins+ for any ride.

FASTPASSES are a wonderful thing. No standing around in long lines when we can be riding another ride, watching a show or eating a yummy treat!

At around 6:30, we'll meander over to Canada because it is time for our 7pm dinner at LE CELLIER! AHHHHHHHHHHHH. This will be our first ever Canadian dining experience! (The time I ate at Rainforest Cafe in Niagara Falls does not count.)

For once, I can already tell you exactly what we will be eating. Exactly. We've already discussed this in detail.

Obviously, we'll start with bread. Especially the famous pretzel bread! We'll each have a bowl of Cheddar Cheese soup and then we will share the Mushroom Filet with Risotto. Mmmmmmmmmm. My taste-buds are so excited!

I recently went to a buffet that has pretzel rolls. They were really good, not that I have anything with which I can compare. Let's see how The Cellar measures up to it!

After we roll (pun intended?)on out of there, we'll find a place to watch Illuminations! Since we'll already be in Canada, I'm assuming we'll find a spot around there.

Once the show is over, we'll follow the masses out to the buses,
I predict a stop at Mouse Gears instead of playing "sardine" on the way out to the bus. Perhaps we will be able to skip all the insanity while perusing for some must have goodies. Anyone ever try this? Does it work?

and head to POFQ and dreamland. Good night!

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-11-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #23
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Joining in Sounds like a fun trip
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #24
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Joining in Sounds like a fun trip
WELCOME! We're glad you are here!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #25
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ooh Ooh I know a pretty good spot in Canada for Illuminations!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #26
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Ooh Ooh I know a pretty good spot in Canada for Illuminations!!

Just don't spread that news around. Haha! I want that area clear for my personal viewing pleasure!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #27
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Mama updated the latest post with her additions. Yay for double trip reporting!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Is this real life? (take 1)

We are down to 30 DAYS! That's right. This crazy duo will be in Disney World only ONE MONTH from THIS VERY MOMENT.

Hold please while I go jump around the room like a lunatic.

Just kidding. It's after 11pm and I have to get up and go teach a bunch of middle schoolers in the morning. But I did just have a little party in my head.

Before I go off to bed, I wanted to give you an update on that annoying thing called "Real Life". Though it hasn't been all that annoying, I wasn't in the Magic Kingdom, so therefore....

My summer gig involves me being the music director for a summer camp, teaching lessons, and being the music director for a community theater musical. If that sounds like a lot, it is. But it's not enough to keep me from enjoying my July! Actually, my schedule has been pretty decent. Not too much, not too little. Just right.

Disney has (of course) pretty much been apart of every single day. I listen to Disney music on the way into work in the morning, often wear Disney shirts, and even update my campers on how many days I have (only when asked though. I don't want to be THAT teacher.) They asked me today how many days I had left, and literally cheered when I said "30"!

On the home front, have a list of all of the movies that we want to watch before we go on the trip, so we've been enjoying that. So far, we've watched Mulan, Tinker Bell movies, and Beauty and the Beast.

We did go and see Monsters University (I saw it twice!) and LOVED it. Little Mikey? How cute and adorable! We did not, however, see the Lone Ranger. Which I'm quite okay with. I'll stick with cute animated monsters. Unless it has Shemar Moore in it. Then I'm there, no questions asked.

Anyway......

We've also been practicing our Disney nails! See?

This is my second try. The first time I tried Minnie/Mickey dots and some other designs. Came out a bit like mud. This time was much improved.

Other than that, we've been figuring out the small details (like how are we going to pack for two weeks), confirming plans, and getting excited by Mickey Mail!!! And I promise that I haven't adjusted the ADR list in over 2 weeks! GO ME! (I did add another type of reservation though. Dun dun duuuuuuuun.)

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-13-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Really cute nails!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Really cute nails!
Thanks!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: