Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
JD&LYD
Mouseketeer

Miami Wonder Help

Trying to book a 5 night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Wonder. I have the cruise portion figured out, but can anyone tell me if there is a specific hotel used for Disney in Miami? Or what Port Disney specifically goes out of? I do know from my daughter, who went on a cruise out of Miami on another line a few years ago that most of the hotels do not have transfers to an from airport and to and from ports, you have to take cabs or shuttles. But I am trying to get as close to the Disney Port as possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

JD

Cruises: Magic Eastern 2007, Magic Western 2008, Wonder 4 day Sept. 2008, Magic eastern (St.Croix) 2009.Magic Eastern 2012 Fantasy 2013
Coronado Springs 1999, Riverside 2003,French Quarter 2005, 2007. Saratoga 2008 2009 2011 2012 2013
JD&LYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

How about stay at an airport hotel (free transfers between hotel and airport). Come in the day before, hotel picks you up and takes you to the hotel. Next day, have them take you to the airport, and then use DCL transfers to the port (they take your luggage at the airport, and they put it on the bus, once at the cruise terminal, they unload the luggage, you verify that all of your pieces are there, then you go and check in, and they deal with the luggage the rest of the way).

It's worked for us twice. Yes, you pay a little more using DCL transfers, but in the overall cost of your cruise, it is a small amount.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

Port of Miami, right in downtown Miami, is the port Disney uses. You can stay at any of the downtown hotels. We stayed at the Holiday Inn POM and it is right across the street, but you still will need to take a taxi (5 minutes) because the port is across a bridge. You CAN walk it, but it is a long walk. Taxi is about $10. There are quite a few hotels downtown, but most charge a little more because they are business hotels, not really vacation or family hotel. By the airport are more budget hotels, the kinds with the free breakfasts.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: