Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Crowds at US/IOA during Disney Marathon

My dh and I are running the Disney marathon on January 12. We are staying for a few days extra to do parks and want to get over to US/IOA as well. We will only have one day to spend there and so are thinking of trying to pull off both parks in one day. We've been once before so have some idea of the rides we would definitely want to hit and those we are okay skipping, and we would plan to be there from open to close. I think we would probably come over on the following Tuesday.

So, given we are going to try and cram a lot into one day, we are debating springing for an unlimited express pass with the 2 park/one day ticket. We don't want to stay on site since we already have a condo booked for a really good rate. All of that background to ask if the crowd levels are high enough that week to really need to worry with an unlimited express pass given how much we will try to cram in?
ZellyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
So, given we are going to try and cram a lot into one day, we are debating springing for an unlimited express pass with the 2 park/one day ticket. We don't want to stay on site since we already have a condo booked for a really good rate. All of that background to ask if the crowd levels are high enough that week to really need to worry with an unlimited express pass given how much we will try to cram in?
Wait until you arrive before spending the money on the EP. January isn't usually that busy and I honestly don't remember the Disney marathon affecting crowds at Universal.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
runningforit
Earning My Ears

We went to Universal while we were there for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler last year and it was dead. Obviously, it was a different time of year and a different number of runners...but, it is similar in that it was during a typically slower time of year and the runners didn't seem to have much effect.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: