Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
disneyfool_1202
The countdown has begun!!

Question Has anyone done the Wine Tasting at Jiko??

I was just reading up on Jiko and noticed they have a weekly wine tasting that occurs on Wednesdays. As it so happens, we arrive on a Wednesday and my friends and I love to attend wine tastings! Since we are arriving early a.m. and have no plans other than relaxing by the pool all day, this is something I'm trying to investigate a bit further to see if it's something we may be interesting in attending (if it won't conflict with our Saana ADRs).
Does anyone have any information on this event? What time it occurs. How long it takes. What the cost is per person?
Any and all info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

DisneyFool
Denise
disneyfool_1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Pinkflmngo
Earning My Ears

Yes, I did it last February and hope to do it again when I visit again. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe it occurs at 3 PM and advance reservations are required. You would want to be there a few minutes earlier than 3, of course. I had to call for a reservation, although that may have changed by now. Payment was made when I called and I sort of remember that it was about $30-35-ish. Seems like we had about 6 wines to taste along with some of the fabulous Jiko cheeses.

The class was to last an hour which was perfect because the Boma/Jiko food tour started at 4 and I was planning to do both that afternoon. The wine tasting ran over by a few minutes and we missed the Boma/Jiko tour, so we will look forward to that some other time.

The leader of the group is a sommelier and very knowledgeable but also very personable. I really enjoyed the experience. They take about 12 people for the tasting. There was a man in our group who was a little "too knowledgeable" and wanted to monopolize the whole show with all of his knowledge. He was annoying but overall the afternoon was delightful and I will definitely do it again.

Sorry I was a little vague on the details, but that is enough to get you in the right ball park.

Lynda
Pinkflmngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

Would like to get information on this also. I have done the wine tasting at Vero Beach twice. I think it was $20. We tasted about 6 wines and were allowed to keep the glass afterwards. Wish they would have served bread with it. i needed something between the taste.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: