Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
auger
DIS Veteran

Question CRT breakfast question

I tried to do a search to find my answer to this, but was more unsure of the answer afterwards. Too many conflicting answers between the posts.
So I am looking for help from people who can give me an answer that is based on recent experience.

The last time we tried CRT was back when they changed the menu and we hated the meal.
Now that they have gone back to offering some standard fare, we want to try it again.
But I don't want to have another bad experience if I can avoid it.

On the site, it says that this is an all you care to eat meal, even though it is menu style.
Is it actually ayce, or do they bring you one round and not offer more?
If it is in fact ayce, can you try diffence dishes each time they bring you more food, or do you have to stick with the dish you start with?

Finally, we will be bringing DGD2 (almost 3) since she loves the Princesses.
What will she be able to eat?
Does she eat off of our plates for free like at the other buffet venues?
Or is it as I read in other posts that they will bring her French toast sticks, and she has to eat those?

Any recent experience in this would be greatly appreciated.
We are not willing to sacrifice an extra table service credit from our dining plan if this is not ayce or if DGD2 will be stuck eating French toast sticks.
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
mommalissa
Mom to Disney Lovin' Triplets

It is all you can eat but when we ate there in December, we had to ask for refills. Not sure about being able to try different dishes. None of the adults in our group really wanted more, we had more food brought out for the kids. The server was very nice about bringing more but she didn't offer.

My kids are older so I can't answer about the two year old. Sorry.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
sabcook
Mouseketeer

PP is correct - my DH couldn't decide last December between two of the entrees for breakfast so he asked for them both and there was no problem. The kids menus were a little more limited (can't remember exactly but you can check them on all ears) but there was a nice pastry plate that we got refills on several times. In fact, my DS loved the cinnamon rolls so much that they brought him a plate of his own.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post
I tried to do a search to find my answer to this, but was more unsure of the answer afterwards. Too many conflicting answers between the posts.
So I am looking for help from people who can give me an answer that is based on recent experience.

The last time we tried CRT was back when they changed the menu and we hated the meal.
Now that they have gone back to offering some standard fare, we want to try it again.
But I don't want to have another bad experience if I can avoid it.

On the site, it says that this is an all you care to eat meal, even though it is menu style.
Is it actually ayce, or do they bring you one round and not offer more?
If it is in fact ayce, can you try diffence dishes each time they bring you more food, or do you have to stick with the dish you start with?

Finally, we will be bringing DGD2 (almost 3) since she loves the Princesses.
What will she be able to eat?
Does she eat off of our plates for free like at the other buffet venues?
Or is it as I read in other posts that they will bring her French toast sticks, and she has to eat those?

Any recent experience in this would be greatly appreciated.
We are not willing to sacrifice an extra table service credit from our dining plan if this is not ayce or if DGD2 will be stuck eating French toast sticks.
They do bring french toast sticks free of charge but she can eat off your plate and from the pastery basket as well.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Had same experience as above - the three men in our group ordered two different entrees (one at a time), and my MIL and I ordered more of a couple of sides.

HIGHLY recommend putting in the request for the second order sooner rather than later... they do try to turn the tables once the Princess rotation is over, so that it doesn't back up ADRs, so you might feel rushed if you wait too long. That said, we had no issues and FIL was tickled to get both options!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
auger
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the answers everyone!
I feel much better knowing we won't be limited on choices, esp if we try something and don't care for it.
Thanks for the info on DGD2 food options as well.
I suppose we will go ahead and give it another chance!!!
auger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: