Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Dexter: Final Season (Spoilers)

WOW!! I thought it was a great start to what seems to be a darker season of my favorite current show, Dexter.

Anyone else, who wants to chime in, here is the perfect place!

***Spoiler Alert for this thread! Don't read on if you haven't seen the show and don't want to be spoiled***

I love the time jump forward, because it just gets rid of a lot of needless exposition and gets right to the meat and potatoes. I love seeing how the characters have drastically changed in the 6 months since the last season. And Wow, Deb really took a turn for the worse, didn't she? And Dex is losing it! I can't wait to see what is in store for us in these last 11 episodes.

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"
JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

I thought the episode was good, if not, a bit depressing. The twisted side of me really wants to see Dex and Deb hook up, or Deb become like Dex. I'm gutted (no pun intended) that this is the last season. Even more so because you kind of just know they're going to kill Dex off. Michael Hall has said that's the way he wanted the show to end for a while. But seeing Harrison with Dexter last night for example, will just make it that much harder.
sonofanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I am loving this season.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

I have no idea where they are going with this story, but it is going to be a crazy last season. I suspect it will end with Dexter dying, and Deb raising his son. Or maybe Deb and Dexter will both die.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

I am more than okay with the demise of Dexter's character add long as there is a great reason behind it. I.e. sacrifice... I think this episode did a great job seeing the mood for the season... kind of the same way that season 6 did. Either way, I am along for the ride!

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"
Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

I enjoyed the first episode for the most part. I liked the new character Dr. Vogel and am curious to see what her history is with Dexter. Batista, his sister and Quinn I really couldn't care less about at this point. The stuff with Deb was intense, although her downward spiral did seem a tad cliche. Can't wait to see what they do this season

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I had Vogel pegged from her first scene - Harry had to have professional help somewhere along the way in his decision to "create" the Dexter we know, and something in the way Matthews introduced her and the way she looked at Dex just screamed "backstory". It'll be interesting to watch the history of their relationship play out.

I thought the whole thing with Quinn and Bautista's sister was rather gratuitous and I wonder if it is going to have a point eventually. But I think Bautista and how he copes with Maria's death is going to come back to haunt Dexter in a big way - he's the kind of character that might entertain her craziness simply as a way of honoring her memory, and I think he's going to find something in her things that makes him think twice.

It was certainly a strong start to the season, very intense and moody. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I had Vogel pegged from her first scene - Harry had to have professional help somewhere along the way in his decision to "create" the Dexter we know, and something in the way Matthews introduced her and the way she looked at Dex just screamed "backstory". It'll be interesting to watch the history of their relationship play out.

I thought the whole thing with Quinn and Bautista's sister was rather gratuitous and I wonder if it is going to have a point eventually. But I think Bautista and how he copes with Maria's death is going to come back to haunt Dexter in a big way - he's the kind of character that might entertain her craziness simply as a way of honoring her memory, and I think he's going to find something in her things that makes him think twice.

It was certainly a strong start to the season, very intense and moody. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
The the whole Bautista/Maria thing, you have to wonder if a certain DVD was in her personal belongings.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
skatalite
Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?

Good season premiere.

I predict Dexter's son, Harrison, will begin exhibiting nefarious traits Dex had as a child. Dexter will die, Deb will raise Harrison and will become his Harry.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Wow! Second episode started out with a LOT of exposition, but it really came back in a big way! When Dex found the blood-stained glass window, I knew it had to be Deb right away!!! I'm predicting that Vogel is really the serial killer and she's toying with Dexter just like every woman in his life (besides poor little Rita) toys with him. But we shall see! I'm starting to think that Bautista is going to be the one to take out either Dexter or Debra or both by the end of the season. I dunno why...but I have a feeling.

All in all, awesome episode.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I am curious what everybody thinks is going to happen for this final season. Is Dexter going to prison, going to die, possibly going to teach the code to this new young killer, run away with Deb?

I hate to see this, my favorite show, come to an end.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I am curious what everybody thinks is going to happen for this final season. Is Dexter going to prison, going to die, possibly going to teach the code to this new young killer, run away with Deb?

I hate to see this, my favorite show, come to an end.
I had a theory based on the first episode, after seeing the first 5 I'm not as sure, but here it is. Vogel is being stalked, she asks Dex for help so he tracks the killer. My original idea was the he'd follow the clues until he discovered that the stalker/killer is.... himself. Dex did the melon-ball thing as an alter ego, not being aware of it. When he catches himself he puts himself on the table and Deb puts in the knife, possibly with Vogel there or even helping. Since Dex killed the prime suspect in ep 5 this idea seems a little shaky, but I'm sticking witn it.

Bill From PA
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

My prediction before the season started was Deb will kill Dexter then herself. I haven't seen the most recent episode yet but the last one I saw had her attempting just that.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: