Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

2 Families travelling on seperate reservations... FP+ question

We are on one rez and my brother and his family are on another. He will be getting their tickets seperately- military discount. When (if its rolled out by then) we book our FP+ rez online, we will only be able to book for our family...so how will that work?
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Vertical
Gunner
 
Vertical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
We are on one rez and my brother and his family are on another. He will be getting their tickets seperately- military discount. When (if its rolled out by then) we book our FP+ rez online, we will only be able to book for our family...so how will that work?
I've already done this for my family and another group. You will need to decide on what FP+ events and times you want, and then go into each reservation and make FP+ reservations one at a time and hope you have the same choices.

Note: The FIRST pass through the FP+ reservation system does NOT currently allow you to pick a time for each choice. It selects times for you, and you can choose from one of 4 selections of time groupings. Just ignore that. Go all the way through the process, then go back to your reservations and hit "Update" or "Modify" and then you will be given tons of one-hour time slots to choose from for each one. You have to do them one at a time, so it's a pain, but that's the best way to get as close to exactly what you want.

You'll have to do this for each individual FP+ reservation on each separate party reservation.

It's a pain, but it's possible.

Just remember if you change it on one, you'll have to manually change it on the other if you want them to stay sync'd.
__________________
Vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
ghtx
DIS Veteran
 
ghtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Triad, North Carolina
Posts: 3,821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical View Post
I've already done this for my family and another group. You will need to decide on what FP+ events and times you want, and then go into each reservation and make FP+ reservations one at a time and hope you have the same choices.

Note: The FIRST pass through the FP+ reservation system does NOT currently allow you to pick a time for each choice. It selects times for you, and you can choose from one of 4 selections of time groupings. Just ignore that. Go all the way through the process, then go back to your reservations and hit "Update" or "Modify" and then you will be given tons of one-hour time slots to choose from for each one. You have to do them one at a time, so it's a pain, but that's the best way to get as close to exactly what you want.

You'll have to do this for each individual FP+ reservation on each separate party reservation.

It's a pain, but it's possible.

Just remember if you change it on one, you'll have to manually change it on the other if you want them to stay sync'd.
Can't you just link the two sets of reservations in MDE using the "add friends and family" feature?
__________________
-----
BLT Jan 2014; BLT Oct 2012; SSR Feb 2010; BWV May 2008; SSR June 2005; Earlier: OKWx3, Treehouse Villas (old version), CR, Poly, GF
ghtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Vertical
Gunner
 
Vertical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Can't you just link the two sets of reservations in MDE using the "add friends and family" feature?
That just allows you to view the other stuff, not change someone else's FP+ reservations ... Or at least, I have not been able to do so.
__________________
Vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
sbatty
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 157

Has anyone figured out a way around this. My father is in one room and the kids and I are in another. I made and paid for everyone's reservation but the reservation lists him as the owner. I have linked him to our reservation but I can't assign his FP+.
sbatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
amylevan
DIS Veteran
 
amylevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 871

Oh I hope someone finds a way around this. We are traveling with 2 other families...that's 3 different places I'll have to go in an modify FP+ times...
__________________
1989, 1994, 1998 - offsite
2001 - All Star Music
2006 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
Grandmatoniko
Mouseketeer
 
Grandmatoniko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 231

We are two families traveling together but different reservations and I just had to go an adjust all the fast pass + so they all match. If I wasnt able to get exact time matches I at least got overlapping times so we can go somewhere in the middle of out fp+ times. Good luck!!
__________________
Wendy
Mom to Tommy Melissa Hannah Abby
Grandma to Niko
POR 04, Contemporary 05, POR 06, POP 07, POP 08, POP 09, POP 10 and POP 12, POP 13 & POP 2015!!
Grandmatoniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.