Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

2 Families travelling on seperate reservations... FP+ question

We are on one rez and my brother and his family are on another. He will be getting their tickets seperately- military discount. When (if its rolled out by then) we book our FP+ rez online, we will only be able to book for our family...so how will that work?

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Vertical
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
We are on one rez and my brother and his family are on another. He will be getting their tickets seperately- military discount. When (if its rolled out by then) we book our FP+ rez online, we will only be able to book for our family...so how will that work?
I've already done this for my family and another group. You will need to decide on what FP+ events and times you want, and then go into each reservation and make FP+ reservations one at a time and hope you have the same choices.

Note: The FIRST pass through the FP+ reservation system does NOT currently allow you to pick a time for each choice. It selects times for you, and you can choose from one of 4 selections of time groupings. Just ignore that. Go all the way through the process, then go back to your reservations and hit "Update" or "Modify" and then you will be given tons of one-hour time slots to choose from for each one. You have to do them one at a time, so it's a pain, but that's the best way to get as close to exactly what you want.

You'll have to do this for each individual FP+ reservation on each separate party reservation.

It's a pain, but it's possible.

Just remember if you change it on one, you'll have to manually change it on the other if you want them to stay sync'd.
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical View Post
I've already done this for my family and another group. You will need to decide on what FP+ events and times you want, and then go into each reservation and make FP+ reservations one at a time and hope you have the same choices.

Note: The FIRST pass through the FP+ reservation system does NOT currently allow you to pick a time for each choice. It selects times for you, and you can choose from one of 4 selections of time groupings. Just ignore that. Go all the way through the process, then go back to your reservations and hit "Update" or "Modify" and then you will be given tons of one-hour time slots to choose from for each one. You have to do them one at a time, so it's a pain, but that's the best way to get as close to exactly what you want.

You'll have to do this for each individual FP+ reservation on each separate party reservation.

It's a pain, but it's possible.

Just remember if you change it on one, you'll have to manually change it on the other if you want them to stay sync'd.
Can't you just link the two sets of reservations in MDE using the "add friends and family" feature?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Vertical
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Can't you just link the two sets of reservations in MDE using the "add friends and family" feature?
That just allows you to view the other stuff, not change someone else's FP+ reservations ... Or at least, I have not been able to do so.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
sbatty
Mouseketeer

Has anyone figured out a way around this. My father is in one room and the kids and I are in another. I made and paid for everyone's reservation but the reservation lists him as the owner. I have linked him to our reservation but I can't assign his FP+.
sbatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Oh I hope someone finds a way around this. We are traveling with 2 other families...that's 3 different places I'll have to go in an modify FP+ times...
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
Grandmatoniko
Mouseketeer

We are two families traveling together but different reservations and I just had to go an adjust all the fast pass + so they all match. If I wasnt able to get exact time matches I at least got overlapping times so we can go somewhere in the middle of out fp+ times. Good luck!!
POR 04, Contemporary 05, POR 06, POP 07, POP 08, POP 09, POP 10 and POP 12, POP 13 & POP 2015!!
Grandmatoniko is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: