Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
verlee
DIS Veteran

If I needed to do a MK morning with no -FP...

If I have FP+ for major afternoon rides Splash, BTMRR, what would you suggest my morning (until about noon) look like at MK without the choice of
-FP? We will be there prior to RD. I am assuming our first FP would be Peter Pan. I am trying to figure out how to do this with the new system We have been to WDW a number of times and usually did fine but we pulled -FP all the time. I used our other 2 FP+ for Wishes and EP. ( I just hate having to stake out and protect our territory. Can't we all just get along )

Any ideas?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Depends. If you are at the front of the rope drop pack and are wanted to do Enchanted Tales with Belle, I would start there (do not pass go, do not pause etc). If you get to ETWB before the line explodes, then after that I would head to PP or Ariel (ETWB takes about 20 minutes, so the lines will probably start building a bit while you are in it). If you are not at the front of the rope drop pack, ETWB will probably already have a long line by the time you get there. In that case, or if you aren't interested in ETWB, I would to to Peter Pan first, from there if you want to meet and greet Ariel head to her Grotto, and from there ride the Little Mermaid. We followed that path on our last trip and walked onto the 2 rides and only had one group in front of us to meet Ariel. Everyone seems to run straight to ETWB, all bypassing Peter Pan, so we walked right on it, were done in a couple of minutes, and were back meeting Ariel while everyone was in line for ETWB. The Ariel ride is a fast loader, so it takes a little bit for that line to build up, so by the time you do PP and meet Ariel (if you want), you should still be okay. This is all assuming you want to do Fantasyland stuff.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verlee View Post
If I have FP+ for major afternoon rides Splash, BTMRR, what would you suggest my morning (until about noon) look like at MK without the choice of
-FP? We will be there prior to RD. I am assuming our first FP would be Peter Pan. I am trying to figure out how to do this with the new system We have been to WDW a number of times and usually did fine but we pulled -FP all the time. I used our other 2 FP+ for Wishes and EP. ( I just hate having to stake out and protect our territory. Can't we all just get along )

Any ideas?
With Splash and BTMRR covered, I would think PP as you suggest and SM would be the other slow movers to FP. I would FP space, go back and ride Buzz. If time and interested, I would either ride LM standby or get a FP for later as well. Most of the others move pretty quickly so FP where you need. For us, only Space and PP would be must do's with FP. HM, IASW move pretty quickly and no FP anyway.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:

Any ideas?
I have a link in my sig for suggested FP+ priorities.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
verlee
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the ideas! Mesa that is really helpful to visualize the rides. Those were the ideas all floating around in my head! It is great to see them in an organized list.

Does anyone think it is possible to do a morning at MK without pulling any regular FP? That is my concern. Usually, we are constantly pulling FP- criss-crossing the park for the more popular rides. My hope is FP+ will take some of that pressure away.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the ideas! Mesa that is really helpful to visualize the rides. Those were the ideas all floating around in my head! It is great to see them in an organized list.

Does anyone think it is possible to do a morning at MK without pulling any regular FP? That is my concern. Usually, we are constantly pulling FP- criss-crossing the park for the more popular rides. My hope is FP+ will take some of that pressure away.
For sure! If you are there before RD then you really CAN get a lot done with little to no wait. This works well until around 11ish when the rest of the world shows up! It also helps that you don't have to waste time criss crossing the park for FPs. You'll do great!
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post

For sure! If you are there before RD then you really CAN get a lot done with little to no wait. This works well until around 11ish when the rest of the world shows up! It also helps that you don't have to waste time criss crossing the park for FPs. You'll do great!
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

If you are part of an upcoming test group may may still be able to pull a regular fastpass. Be sure to try it!
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
BridgetBordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: