Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
pickers1982
Mouseketeer

Best epcot restaurants for toddlers?

pickers1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Trueloveskiss70
Earning My Ears

I think little kids would love Coral Reef, the aquarium windows are very entertaining.

[COLOR="Magenta"]September 2008: Boardwalk Villas, September 2009 Boardwalk Villas, September 2011 Beach Club Villas, May 2012 Coronado Springs, November 2012 Disney Dream Cruise, December 2013 Boardwalk Inn, June 2014 Disney Fantasy Cruise
Trueloveskiss70 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Any of the restaurants at Epcot are family friendly, but some are better suited to young children than others.
  • Coral Reef - as mentioned by the PP, there are aquarium windows to look at while you eat.
  • Garden Grill - characters!
  • Akershus - princesses!
  • Via Napoli - pizza and a bright airy atmosphere. It can already be noisy, so toddler sounds (as long as it's not a screaming fit) might not be as noticeable.
  • Biergarten - live band and children are encouraged to go to the area in front of the stage and dance.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Figment&Piglet
"The dreamport's never far away, when you use your imagination!"

Recommendations above are spot on as these were definitely DD's favorites for exactly these reasons when she was a toddler.

"Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

Figment&Piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
pickers1982
Mouseketeer

May have to review our adrs booked

Le cellier
Trepan ego
Rose and crown
Mexican
Old 08-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickers1982 View Post

Le cellier
Trepan ego
Rose and crown
Mexican
Yes I think you do.
There is nothing to entertain a toddler at Le Cellier ( a Signature restuarant by the way), Rose & Crown or Mexican (which Mexican? but both are relatively quiet). Did you mean Teppan Edo? The chef's cooking at the table may hold a toddlers interest, but there is no way for you to "pace" that meal if your little one is getting antsy and you want to hurry up. All 8 guests at the table meals are cooked at the same time and served at the same time by the chef.
I agree the suggestions above are the places I would expect a toddler to do well and maybe even enjoy!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Le cellier
Trepan ego
Rose and crown
Mexican
Regardless of the restaurant you pick, toddlers and children are welcome. As long as they aren't screaming, throwing a tantrum, throwing things, or running around, they'll be fine at any of the restaurants in Epcot.

I mostly mention screens below because I've seen a number of parents using phones or iPads (or similar devices) to entertain their kids during meals. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, other times it is more noticeable/distracting to those around you.

Le Cellier - I like the food here, but the tables are very close together (you can easily hear the conversation of the table next to you). Also bright lights (like phone or iPad screen) are very noticeable to everyone around you.

Rose & Crown - I like this one and I think toddlers would be okay here. Tables are close, but not as much as Le Cellier. It's bright(ish) inside, so screens won't be so bad. If you're near the pub the ambient noise might be higher than further inside the restaurant.

Mexican - which one are you going to? There is San Angel Inn (inside the pyramid) and La Hacienda (outside). San Angel Inn is inside the pyramid and the lighting is low, so screens will be noticeable. La Hacienda is brighter, so screens aren't as much of an issue.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:

Le cellier
Trepan ego
Rose and crown
Mexican
We have brought our dd to all of these and will do so again in Nov. she will be three.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Le cellier
Trepan ego
Rose and crown
Mexican
Not at all! You will be fine at all of them. Our kids have been dining at the Epcot restaurants since they were toddlers and we didn't have an issue anywhere. By the time they were 5 they had each eaten in all of the restaurants you will be visiting.

One tip...buy a few of the small, plastic Disney character figures and keep them in a Ziploc in your bag. Bring them out ONLY at sit-down meals. You may even want to have two so you can bring out different characters. We did this for our kids and they had a blast playing with them while waiting for meals to arrive. You can get sets of them at The Disney Store and probably even at places at WalMart. And you needn't limit it to Disney characters. Any little play sets that you can find that you can pack would work.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
pickers1982
Mouseketeer

Great thanks for the tips. Will stick with them and add via Napoli."hopefully" you mention Le cellier being a signature restaurant does that mean you think it will be a problem?

Good tip re toys.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great thanks for the tips. Will stick with them and add via Napoli."hopefully" you mention Le cellier being a signature restaurant does that mean you think it will be a problem?
Le Cellier is a Signature restaurant, which means, generally speaking, a more expensive meal. It doesn't mean that it's not child-friendly. If your on the DDP, it takes two credits per person.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
pickers1982
Mouseketeer

Thanks. We re on the ddp and will have credits to use up so dont mind that but good to know the little one should be ok.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
nicoleyvt83
Earning My Ears

recommendations for quick-service meals for "picky" kiddos? lol

my 1st trips pre marriage/kids:
5yrs (off site), 15yrs (polynesian)

our 1st family trip:
Sept 2011 (all-stars movie: toy story)

NEXT TRIP:
Sept 2014 (art of animation: cars)
nicoleyvt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill - never been (ADR for December though) but everyone says they have the best character interaction.

The last time I went to San Angel Inn, I was about 9 (back in 2000) and I loved it! I really liked the entire atmosphere.

Coral Reef is a good atmosphere too. We saw a ton of children there last year on our trip. Not the best food (high price for small portions) but I think kids would love being able to see the aquarium!
Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleyvt83 View Post
recommendations for quick-service meals for "picky" kiddos? lol
Sunshine Seasons!

They have a variety of everything - salads, sandwiches, international cuisine. When we were in the Land Pavilion to ride Soarin, it's all we could smell and it smelled fabulous!
Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: