Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Ms Janis
Earning My Ears

Room transfer and EMH

We will be transferring from POR to FW cabins on a Wednesday. There is EMH at MK that morning. Can I actually check out of POR and be at MK by 8:00 ? We will have our own car.
Ms Janis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

It depends on how early you want to get up. If you have a credit card on file as well as an email then they will be sending you your bill so you don't have to wait for anything in the morning. You can get up as early as you want and then drive over to the MK, park, and head to the park and then when you are ready for a break go check in at Fort Wilderness. You could even leave your stuff with Bell services early and let them transfer it. I would suggest planning on leaving by 7:15 to ge to the MK gates before 8am.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
etail
Episodic Veteran

errr...I'd think you might have a transportation issue if you drive to MK. You'll need to park at TTC and depending upon arrival time you might have to wait for the ferry or monorail to run for non resort guests. It depends upon the actual opening time. To hit rope drop I usually go straight to the park, leave the car at the current resort, and either split up to retrieve the car and check-in or all return to the car to take it to the new resort to check-in. But that assumes you wil take a mid-day break.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Ms Janis
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the help, glad to hear we can just leave the POR in the morning without spending time checking out. And yes we do take mid day breaks so we can check in to FW later.
Ms Janis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

If no other transportation is running at the TTC the resort monorail will be running by 7:30am at the latest due to tours and meals that start earlier than opening. On an EMH day you do have to show a resort id normally to get transportation from the TTC.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I usually arrange my pick up and transfer of luggage the night before I need it. That way I know it's done and get ahead of last minute people booking times in the morning.
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: