Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #16
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks everyone....we are redeeming our points for our flights and can do that one year out....I am a little worried about locking in our dates thought and not being able to change them if there is no discount at that time?!

Am debating between september and october 2014!!
IF there is free dining, it's usually in September. Of course, that's an effort to draw more people into the parks after school starts, but it may be worth it for you. And if that happens, then there probably won't be additional discounts anyway.

If I were in your shoes, I would plan for mid September and cross my fingers.

Oh, and I think that, holiday weekends aside, there's always at least an AAA discount.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
We're starting to look for Sept 14, and I know people looking at holidays '14 and even Spring Break '15!

The only bummer I have with planning a year out is that it is, in fact, a year out!
We decided on September too!! see you there!

Congrats on upcoming little princess
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #18
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by h&D3 View Post
for our trip this august back in January of 2012...

We booked our hotel in July 2012 and flights in September 2012 (we used FF miles for all 4 tickets)

We needed this time to plan and save for an almost 3 week trip to the world this time. (ok, it was more for the saving part rather than the planning part)

But the good thing is once we decided we were going, the first thing we did is purchase our tickets. We saved so much with all the price increases that it saved us a ton to buy them that far in advance. We knew where we wanted to stay, so it was making reservations at the AKL as soon as we were able. Then things like rental car, ADR's etc just sort of fell into place.

I've lost track of how many trips I've taken to WDW in my lifetime, and the planning seems to get easier each time I do it. But the waiting for the actual trip to get here doesn't. No matter if I've been 5 or 500 times, that is the most difficult of all.

~D
Thanks! It makes me feel not so crazy to see everyone else is planning too!

We decided on september, now just have to decide which week in september!! Did you buy tickets seperately or as part of the package when you booked?

I am hoping to book next week and then pay it off over the year!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #19
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post
We're going Jan 2014 and I've been planning for about 4-5 months already
Yeah, I am not alone

We are thinking of booking TPV too at CR...am nervous but excited to try another resort! Have always wanted to stay at CR and by paying it off this long ahead of time I can do it!!

Have you booked yet??
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Thanks! It makes me feel not so crazy to see everyone else is planning too!

We decided on september, now just have to decide which week in september!! Did you buy tickets seperately or as part of the package when you booked?

I am hoping to book next week and then pay it off over the year!!!
What we're doing is putting aside $250 per pay period for our trip. We currently have over $3000 in the bank, with just over a year to go. It may as well get interest, even if interest rates are pretty low.

We also have a huge coin jar. We normally empty it out before each vacation and have a few hundred dollars in spending money. But since we're not vacationing this summer (doing a kitchen renovation instead) this time it will be 2 years worth of coins. That should go a long way.

We have a Disney Visa and use it when we can... then pay it off each month. The points accumulate and give us more spending money.

Oh, and every occasion between now and next August will include Disney Gift cards. We put them all in one spot-- it doesn't matter who got which one-- and consolidate them before we go.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Nope! In fact I just told DH last night that I already have our plans all worked out on an Excel sheet for our Nov. 2014 stay!

I also know we're going in 2016 and then 2017 for my 50th b'day! Oh yeah and then 2019 for our 10 year Vow Renewal!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #22
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vek239 View Post
What airline lets you book flights that far in advance? Most have a max 11 mo window.
This is my ? too.

Its not abnormal to book room and package that far out but I can rarely find airfare longer than 12 months out.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am using aeroplan points and it lets me book 12 months out!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #24
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

We go every year, same time (tg week) and start planning next year as soon as we get back. It's definately not uncommon..
btw I planned this response 2 years ago..
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
On July 10th I will book our October 2014 trip. We went this past December for 2 weeks of Christmas through New Years so this will be the longest stretch between trips we have ever had. I just about can't stand it, thank goodness for the DIS Now off to watch and wait
That's my plan too! Where are you staying??
Old 07-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
DisDynasty
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks everyone....we are redeeming our points for our flights and can do that one year out....I am a little worried about locking in our dates thought and not being able to change them if there is no discount at that time?!

Am debating between september and october 2014!!
You'll have a better chance in sept for sure to see free dining, but you may also have a chance to see it in October also but it's always been in September. If anything can you add insurance to the flights that way you can change your flights if needed to change dates? If all else fails I would go with the second or third week of September, your chances are very high of snagging free dining then. Good luck
DisDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #27
cinderellagirl2280
Princess in Training

I'm planning my trip for Sept 2014 too. I'm leaning towards going the Sunday of Labour Day weekend or the week after. What's the weather typically like in September?

cinderellagirl2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #28
Missy29
DIS Veteran

I started planning my May 2014 trip in May of this year, while I don't usual book the flights until 6 months out, I already have a rough itinerary of our week, I will make make changes when the May schedule is released and when Josh at Easywdw.com releases his recommendations

Missy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #29
h&D3
Mouseketeer

Our tickets

Quote:

We purchase them separately. We never purchase anything as a package. We've found that for us, we can actually save money by doing it this way.

~D
Old 07-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #30
BigMommaMouse
DIS Veteran

We booked in May for October 2014. And now talking about 2015 .
BigMommaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: