Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
nannye
DIS Veteran

Dining at Boma with a peanut allergy

I have a reservation for Boma, but I'm not sure about it. I am allergic to peanuts and tree nuts (basically any kind of nut) I am sure some of their dishes have nuts. I do plan to ask to speak to the chef, but can anyone who has been help me out, is there a lot with nuts, only a couple things etc... has anyone with a nut allergy eaten there?
Thanks
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I would suggest going to the disABILITIES Forum and look at Post #3 of the disABILITIES FAQs. There is a large section in that post dealing with special dietary needs, as well as many related links. You can get directly to the disABILITIES FAQs by following the link in my signature.

This is a very common topic of discussion in the disABILITIES Forum.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
heidibilotti
Mouseketeer

Speak to the chef. I take my son with nut allergies there every trip and our family loves it. It really is a great meal with many choices. I think dessert would be the hardest thing.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I have a reservation for Boma, but I'm not sure about it. I am allergic to peanuts and tree nuts (basically any kind of nut) I am sure some of their dishes have nuts. I do plan to ask to speak to the chef, but can anyone who has been help me out, is there a lot with nuts, only a couple things etc... has anyone with a nut allergy eaten there?
Thanks
Erin
I'm allergic to tree nuts and have eaten at Boma several times. Note the allergy on your reservation and they will send someone out to discuss it with you.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva View Post
I'm allergic to tree nuts and have eaten at Boma several times. Note the allergy on your reservation and they will send someone out to discuss it with you.
My wife has a tree nut and peanut allergy. She LOVES Boma and never had an issue finding more than enough to eat. We noted her allergy on our ADR (as we do on all of our ADRs) and a chef came out and walked her through the buffet, going over every dish, sauce and soup to let her know what she can have and what she should stay away from. They also told her that if she didn't see much on the buffet that she would like, that they would have made up a special dish for her. He came back out about 20 minutes later to make sure she was enjoying herself. They did this for both breakfast and dinner.

If there is one thing Disney handles perfectly, in our experience, it's catering to those with food allergies.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

Same here! My son and I have food allergies. The chef prepared a separate dish for me because of possibility of cross contamination. My son who has a severe nut allergy was suggested safe items to eat on the menu and suggested to make a dessert for him but my son was not hungry for dessert so he skipped it.
JUst make sure you note it on your reservation and mention it again to the hostess seating you just in case.
Boma is one of my favourite restaurants. Have fun!
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I have see the chef on several occasions come out and speak to guests and walk around to the various sections of the buffet and discus what it is in each item.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Mrs K
Mouseketeer

We ate there last week with my DD who has PN/TN allergies. The chef was great.

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Mrs K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #9
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I have been to Boma and have countless allergies (peanuts, tree nuts, soy, coconut and the list goes on) I always have the chef come out to speak with us and walk me through the buffet. At Boma, there were actually more food that had things like coconut which I couldn't have. This was one restaurant where the peanut allergy seemed to be the least of my problems.

Also, I have had the Chef offer to make me food fresh to ensure there is no cross contamination.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
nannye
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. The allergy is noted and I will def speak to a chef. It was more of the.... Well if most things contin nuts then there wouldn't be much choice so not the restaurant for me. It seems this is not, the case.
Thanks

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #11
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Thanks everyone. The allergy is noted and I will def speak to a chef. It was more of the.... Well if most things contin nuts then there wouldn't be much choice so not the restaurant for me. It seems this is not, the case.
Thanks
You'll be fine. The Chef will also make you food if you're worried about cross contamination. If it's just a problem with the sauce, they'll make you fresh food without the sauce.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Kellitinkerbelli
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

My son has food allergy's and all the chefs at all the restaurants were awesome in accommodating him
Kellitinkerbelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: