Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #31
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Family of 6 must be tough. We are 5 and I come across rooms we can't get all the time.

I think everyone has the villas covered. And, yes, the poly and cont rooms are bigger, but max is 5 people.

I don't know your budget, but have you considered the deluxe rooms at the boardwalk? It sleeps 6, includes concierge, and is absolutely gorgeous. It's pricey so we only go during discounted times.

The BC pool is awesome, but with 4 kids maybe too awesome. The boardwalk pools are fun and manageable.
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk is one of my options...I love being on Crescent Lake, it's just so breathtaking. I just don't want to be looking across the lake regretting my choice lol.
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistGrl101 View Post
Does AKL have a kids club and daily poolside activities and regarding a pmt plan for renting points, how do most renters work this out?
I can't help with AKL kids club or poolside activities as we don't have little ones, but payment when renting points varies as it depends on the renter, as the pp said. Some require 50% down with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival; some require payment in full at booking, etc. It just depends on the renter and when/how they want to get paid .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
And, yes, the poly and cont rooms are bigger, but max is 5 people.
All of the deluxe resorts (except WL and AKL) accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room, so with the OP's youngest still under 3, the Poly is still an option .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #34
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

The more I obsess over where to stay, I just don't think I can stay anywhere but the BC, DH agrees. I so want to try somewhere new, but I have a hard time believing we would like another resort better!!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #35
Tink415
DIS Veteran

If your just looking at a regular room for your next vacation, before you have to get larger accommodations due to party size, BWI room is the same size as BC room and the pool doesn't compare to SAB. Poly and CR rooms are much larger than BC rooms, the pools don't compare to SAB, but the MK is a close by, and Poly has a vibe that I love. Maybe do a split stay 5 nights Poly 5 nights BC? Then again, if you looked at the Poly pool in dis-belief, you might be better off sticking with the BC
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #36
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

I was thinking of doing just that--Poly/BC split stay...BUT i go the last week of August, so there is a chance for free dining.....if FD comes out when I have a split stay booked, then I would have to purchase park tix separate for each reservation, so I would be losing out on money...am I making sense?
Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #37
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking of doing just that--Poly/BC split stay...BUT i go the last week of August, so there is a chance for free dining.....if FD comes out when I have a split stay booked, then I would have to purchase park tix separate for each reservation, so I would be losing out on money...am I making sense?
Yes, that makes complete sense, particularly with a large family! Unless you plan on going back to WDW in the future and want to save that second set of tickets from your second resort stay.

Go with BC if your heart is set on it. My ONLY advice is, if you have any interest in Poly, do it NOW as ALL of the other deluxes have villa options which (though they may be more expensive) will be available to your family when your littlest turns 3 (GF (soon), CR, BC, BWI, AKL and WL ALL have DVC villa accommodations). There are rumors that Poly will get a DVC, but nothing has been announced so this literally could be the ONLY time you could stay there.

What I would do is book your 10-night stay at BC (if your heart is set on it). If FD DOESN'T come out, I would re-book a BC/Poly split. I love BC, but Poly is AWESOME!!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #38
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a good plan, thank you!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #39
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
The more I obsess over where to stay, I just don't think I can stay anywhere but the BC, DH agrees. I so want to try somewhere new, but I have a hard time believing we would like another resort better!!
Just an FYI, BC does have larger deluxe rooms. They are much larger than the standard BC rooms (we have stayed in both). We love the deluxe room extra space for our family of 5 (3 grown up, but still kids). Plenty of room for a roll away too. The rooms are a bit pricey because club level is the only way they are available. They are called Deluxe Club level rooms. Awesome rooms, and they are huge. Only downsides are the cost (unless you get a great deal, like 30% off room only rate), and they can be hard to book, because there are only approx 6 deluxe rooms available at BC.
We scored a deluxe CL room for our upcoming trip with the 30% off special . Had to be quick about booking it though..........the deluxe rooms go fast at BC.

Also, if you are considering the Poly for August 2014, keep in mind that it is almost certain that the Poly will be "under construction" next year, due to the newest DVC construction that will take place at the Poly. Just something to consider.

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #40
Syndrome
Who's super now?

We are also torn as where to stay anymore with our growing family of 5. We love the WDW deluxe resorts, but it is starting to get cramped for us, unless we stay in one of those $$$ suites.
We have rented points before, and will likely go that route after our next trip. For the money, you cant beat the space you get. I have done the math, and we would have saved some money renting points for a 2bdrm villa, vs deluxe club level.
Our family loves WL and AKL, which is impossible for a family over 4 to stay, unless you stay in a villa. We have stayed at WL, in a junior suite which was great, but they are getting pricey now. We stayed at AKL when they used to have the club level rooms over the lobby. The room was great .........1 king, 1 daybed and bunkbeds ..........it was a great room for a family, but sadly those rooms are gone now.

Will be looking to rent points again for our next visit..........prob at AKL, and/or WL.

Good luck with your decision !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #41
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

Thanks Syndrome. I will look into those CL rooms. I've stayed BC CL once in high school when my family was upgraded for free!!! Otherwise, I never found it worth the cost since we've always gotten free dining (last year we upgraded to DDXP) so we would never have the room in our bellies to enjoy it!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #42
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Yes, you'll have more space in a BC deluxe room. We've stayed in them twice. They are great and can be nabbed on a discount if you watch carefully and act quickly. Be aware though, that they have the same sleeping arrangements as the regular rooms -- two queen beds and the day bed with a limit of 5 plus one under three. So, they won't work for you once you have 6 over age three.

I agree that the dining plan plus club level food is too much food.

When you are six, there are deluxe rooms at BWI that sleep six. They, too, are club level. They have two queen beds plus a queen sofa bed. The look out on the Boardwalk.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #43
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2 more questions:

Does AKL have a kids club and daily poolside activities and regarding a pmt plan for renting points, how do most renters work this out?

I'm still not sold on renting points as it is still cheaper to get a regular deluxe resort room, but I am looking into it and weighing my options.
AKL does have a kids club, Simbas Club. I met someone whose child chose to go there over the parks every day. There were poolside activities every day at the main Jambo House pool. I'm not sure about the Kidani pool.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #44
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

Family of 6 (5+infant).

When doing the math, we found that renting DVC was only $150 more than staying in ASMu, and about the same as staying in AoA in their family suites.

We are going for 6 nights in a 1 bedroom, for a total of 131 points. We got our rental for $10/pt through a private individual. That made our total room $1.310.

ASMu is $259/night ($1554) and AOA is $309/night ($1854).

Also, the Cabins at Wilderness Lodge were like $327/night (and are set to fit six people) at a Moderate Resort level.

We are saving about $600 using YES for 3 of our children and our adult tickets -- huge savings on the kids tickets, especially the 10 year olds.

So, w/o the dining plan (free or paying for it), for just room and tickets we are spending apx. $3165

Now, if they are offering FD, you need to go through and check your figures..But we wanted the comfort of the King bed (as our two youngest usually end up joining us in bed at some point in the night), and the more spacious room, plus full kitchen. If you end up with a rainy day and not wanting to go out in the rain and hungry kids/family --- you can make something simple.
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #45
bear74
DIS Veteran

we are a family of 6 as well. youngest 2 will be 3 when we go in April 2014. Wish I didn't have to get 2 rooms at a value but they are cheaper then the family suites. Good lock on your last Delux stay
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: