Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

AKV Deluxe studio

My cousin is looking into renting points....She would stay in a Deluxe Studio, probably in AKV. I know it has one Queen sleeper and the sofa folds out too. But she wants to know what type of kitchen it has? It doesn't show any pics on the Disney website of the kitchen area....Does it at least have a small fridge and microwave or coffee maker?

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Ali
DIS Veteran

Yes it has a kitchenette type set up. Small microwave, small fridge, toaster, sink, paper plates, bowls, plastic utensils, etc. I loved staying n a one bedroom and using the big kitchen and cooking in the oven. The pullout sofa is full sized and is not comfortable for a large adult. My 12 year old son doesn't mind sleeping in it.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

It's a kitchenette. Dorm sized fridge (currently at BCV and we have 2 gallons of milk, 5 packs of lunch meat, butter, a box of wine, 15 cans of beer, and 4 cans of monster) microwave, 4 cup coffee maker, and toaster.

We are a group of 3 adults. My mom is sleeping on the sofa (not pulled out) as she sleeps on a couch at home normally, LOL!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Just about all of the undercounter refrigerators at AKV have a small freezer section. There are a few that do not, but I think those were mainly in handicap accessible units where the counter was lower.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
It's a kitchenette. Dorm sized fridge (currently at BCV and we have 2 gallons of milk, 5 packs of lunch meat, butter, a box of wine, 15 cans of beer, and 4 cans of monster) microwave, 4 cup coffee maker, and toaster.

We are a group of 3 adults. My mom is sleeping on the sofa (not pulled out) as she sleeps on a couch at home normally, LOL!
All DVC rooms, including studios, have 10-cup coffee makers.

We have stayed in a Kidani studio twice and have taken full advantage of that.

Last edited by ElizabethG; 06-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Thank you for the info!! This sounds perfect for them! They go once or twice a year and always stay in POP but really have been wanting to stay in a deluxe but the prices are just too much....They have twin 5 year olds and the baby will be about 8months old. I told her the one bedroom wouldn't be much more money(we like to have extra space when we go) but she'd rather save the money, she's more than happy with the studio We are staying at AKV 2 bedroom in Kidani in a couple months!!! I can't wait!

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
All DVC rooms, including studios, have 10-cup coffee makers.

We have stayed in a Kidani studio twice and have taken full advantage of that.
No, they don't. I would be more than happy to post a pic of the 4 cup coffee maker currently in our studio at BCV.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #8
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
No, they don't. I would be more than happy to post a pic of the 4 cup coffee maker currently in our studio at BCV.
I have never stayed in a studio at BCV, so I guess I assumed they were all the same.

BLT and AKV have full size coffee makers in the studios. It is too bad that BCV does not. I have no idea about the others! Anyway, OP, AKV has full size coffee makers in the studio.

EDIT: I went to AllEars to look at studio kitchenette pics because I was curious as to which had 4-cup coffee makers. From the pics, it looked like only BCV has the small coffee maker. If I am judging wrong from the pics, someone set it straight for me. Yes, a coffee maker would be be a factor in deciding where to stay!

Last edited by ElizabethG; 07-02-2013 at 12:58 AM.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
My cousin is looking into renting points....She would stay in a Deluxe Studio, probably in AKV. I know it has one Queen sleeper and the sofa folds out too. But she wants to know what type of kitchen it has? It doesn't show any pics on the Disney website of the kitchen area....Does it at least have a small fridge and microwave or coffee maker?
It has a regular queen bed and a double sleeper sofa (pull out).
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Yes, that's a recent, and annoying change. BCV studios USED to have the 12 cup coffee makers, but then a few years ago, they seem to have switched to the little 4 cup ones. When DH and I first got one (the 4 cupper) we called and requested the 12 cupper and they promptly brought up a brand new one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: