Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post
I never have a car, so this doesn't apply to me, but does this mean people can park at the MK resorts and avoid paying to park for the day at MK? Same for the Epcot resorts?
I believe the general practice is that you must show a Disney Property room key, or have proof of a dinner reservation at that resort in order to park. (Not sure) So in that case, they wouldn't have had to pay to park anyway. But, your average Disney visitor isn't part of the Dis boards or may not have read this info before, so if they're not told, how would they know? I think some people on this board can be pretty hard core with their soap box performances. Hope OP had a blast!
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #47
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post

No - we didn't hop on transportation - we drove from Epcot to CR and parked and ate and walked from there to MK. This is what the Epcot CM at the gates told us to do when we asked advice on the best way to get to the Contemporary and MK afterwards. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we were doing anything wrong since that's what the Disney person told us to do. We thought it was just another ADR benefit that we were unaware of - like getting into the park early for a pre-rope-drop reservation. We didn't know about that either!
I see, of course if that's what I was told, I wouldn't have questioned it at the time either.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #48
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariTigger View Post
We were not informed of the 3 hour limit at all and there were lots of empty spaces so that's why we thought it would be ok. The guard just directed us to self park and told us to have a great day. And although a member since 2002 this is the 1st time I've had a car with me. Sorry if it was wrong - I'll know for next time.
Yeah, sometimes we have gotten the 3 hour pass and sometimes not. Glad you weren't towed, it does happen but I think its rare. In spite of the fact that I do think the CR, GF and Poly have a problem with people parking there longer than an ADR, Disney hates to enforce its own rules especially to the extent of towing somebody's car.

Now you know for next time! And don't feel too bad, I reused a mug back before I began reading this board to the extent I do now and although it was a burden that was hard to live with, I did eventually forgive myself!

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #49
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I think the only place i have seen a sign is at the guard booth at boardwalk, it says something like parking for boardwalk is not for theme park entry. We valet at boardwalk for the most part.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #50
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I realize this was for a restaurant visit, but aren't DVC members allowed to pool hop anyway? How can they do that if they are not allowed to park at the resorts.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #51
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I realize this was for a restaurant visit, but aren't DVC members allowed to pool hop anyway? How can they do that if they are not allowed to park at the resorts.
Great point!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #52
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Anyone can park at any resort to eat, shop, look around or in the case of a DVC member pool hopping. But you are not supposed to then leave your car there to go to a park.

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #53
basketrn
Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydweller View Post
YES THEY DID!!!!!

Nothing makes me angrier than people who think it is ok the block people who are staying at that resort from parking there. There is nothing more horrible than to come back to your home resort and not finding a parking spot. If it happened at your home resort you'd understand and be angry too.

It's about courtesy. If you expect to find a spot at your resort then you should show the same courtesy at a resort you are visiting and not unnecessarily take up parking spots. You have other options, people staying at that resort don't. Failing to show others the courtesy you expect IS wrong.
I think if the OP knew the rule, was told the rule, or signs posted thats one thing, but they didn't. Heck...I didn't even know this was a rule until I read this post and we drive on almost all our trips. In all my years going to the world we have never not found a parking spot...except downtown disney...and we travel mostly peak times.

I think it's a little extreme to describe this as horrible and can think of many more things that would be worse then not getting an ideal parking spot!
1986 - Off site, 6/2003 - CSR, 6/2005 - FW, 4/2006 - CBR, 8/2006 - SSR, 10/2006 - BWV, 4/2007 -SSR, 10/2007 - VWL, 4/2008 - SSR, 5/2009 - DCL & SSR, 10/2009 - SSR, 6/2010 - AKV, 12/2010 - SSR, 3/2011 - AKV/BCV & Dream, 12/2011 - DL, 6/2012 - BCV/Dream/AKV, 1/2013 - SSR, 9/2013 - OKW, 6/2014 - Wonder to Alaska, 10/2014 - AKV

basketrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #54
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Checked Against Restaurant Reservation List...

DH and I had a breakfast reservation at CM a few years ago (Sept 2009). We drove from AKL and when we arrived at the guard gate for CR, the guard had a list of reservations for CM and only let us in after confirming that we actually had an ADR. Other than that we didn't get issued a temporary parking pass and we were not told about any time limit. If memory serves me correctly, I think DH drove the car back to AKL after breakfast and I went shopping at Downtown Disney.

Another time, we were staying at AKL, but had breakfast reservations at Cape May Cafe (Sept 2009). Once again, at the Beach Club guard gate, we were checked against a list containing ADRs for the restaurant and then waved through only after it had been confirmed we were on the list. Again, no parking pass and no time limit was given.

Finally, we did a fireworks cruise from the Yacht Club marina during our honeymoon in 2007 - that time the guard asked us what we came for and then waved us through when we explained we were there for a fireworks cruise.

I have seen other cars get turned away by guards at resorts and made to make a u-turn. If you don't have a ADR, spa appointment, etc. at a resort, it seems like they should deny you entrance otherwise everyone would just say they wanted to look around and park there for free or an easy walk to the gate?

Last edited by mrsclark; 07-06-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Adding dates (years) for clarity
mrsclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #55
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

I agree. No need to apologize, you did nothing wrong.

It's obvious you don't/didn't make a habit of it. People just like to poo-poo on others sometimes.

I hope you had a great trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
yes I agree...
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 AM   #56
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

I'm sure Disney knows that there are going to be some resort guests and some dining guests so the parking is ample for those situations.

Also, most of the guests staying at a resort don't have cars with them. I'm sure she didn't take a space that was keeping anyone from finding a parking spot. Many people coming and going all the time.

Have you ever not been able to find a parking spot at your home resort? You make it sound like you've encountered this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydweller View Post
YES THEY DID!!!!!

Nothing makes me angrier than people who think it is ok the block people who are staying at that resort from parking there. There is nothing more horrible than to come back to your home resort and not finding a parking spot. If it happened at your home resort you'd understand and be angry too.

It's about courtesy. If you expect to find a spot at your resort then you should show the same courtesy at a resort you are visiting and not unnecessarily take up parking spots. You have other options, people staying at that resort don't. Failing to show others the courtesy you expect IS wrong.
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: