Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
wtrowbridge
Mouseketeer

Multiple adrs?

I know that you can no longer make multiple ADRs for the same date, meal, etc. i am confused though as to how it all works. If I want to make an ADR for Chef Mickey's for breakfast on three different mornings, is that ok? Is it just that for each day I can only have one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner reservation but i can do the same place numerous times and also end up basically with more ADRs than what my dining plan accounts for (where I would just pay OOP for the rest?)
April 2000
September 2000 - MISS AMERICA TRIP (Miss Kentucky 2000)
May 2007 - (DH - First Trip)
June 2009 - (DS1 - First Trip)
October 2011, ASMovies
September 2013, Polynesian (DS2 - First Trip)

DLR:
May 1992
April 2003
Old 07-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrowbridge View Post
I know that you can no longer make multiple ADRs for the same date, meal, etc. i am confused though as to how it all works. If I want to make an ADR for Chef Mickey's for breakfast on three different mornings, is that ok? Is it just that for each day I can only have one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner reservation but i can do the same place numerous times and also end up basically with more ADRs than what my dining plan accounts for (where I would just pay OOP for the rest?)
Correct! You can't hold ADRs for 2 restaurants on the same day at the same time but if you wanted to eat a CM breakfast 365 days a year you could absolutely do so.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Basically, you can make as many dining reservations you want per day. The only catch, is that they have to be spread out, I believe it's approx. 2 hours apart.

You can have breakfast at Chef Mickey's as many mornings as you like, every morning you're there. AND, if you want to go back and have a later breakfast, you can still do that. Seeing as there are 2 (?) hours between the meals. You could, in reality make 6 or 7 dining reservations a day.

This whole thing was because people were making a dining reservation at Ohana at 500 (for example) and then also making one at Chef Mickeys for 500. Then, waiting to see what worked better, than choosing that one. Which then made it more difficult for others to make reservations.

What you have described, having CM for each morning, is no problem.

Hope it's kinda clear
Old 07-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

I noticed you're a group of 12. If you want to split up your group for a meal (example: kids eat at one restaurant and adults eat at another), then you can have 2 reservations at the same time. You'll need to call to set that up.

There may be a way to do this online, but I'm not sure how it works with the new My Disney Experience site.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
wtrowbridge
Mouseketeer

I called the dining line and they said 2 hours apart. But, they said if it is between Lunch and dinner then it doesn't matter. I can have a 4:45 lunch ADR one place and a 5:00 pm Dinner ressie at another place and because they are considered two different meals, it is ok. I don't know that I trust that last part though so I think in looking I am going to stick with the 2 hour apart rule.

I am basically looking to come up with some backup plans for our week in cases of rain, where we may want to change up our entire day's plans.
April 2000
October 2011, ASMovies

DLR:
May 1992
April 2003
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I called the dining line and they said 2 hours apart. But, they said if it is between Lunch and dinner then it doesn't matter. I can have a 4:45 lunch ADR one place and a 5:00 pm Dinner ressie at another place and because they are considered two different meals, it is ok. I don't know that I trust that last part though so I think in looking I am going to stick with the 2 hour apart rule.

I am basically looking to come up with some backup plans for our week in cases of rain, where we may want to change up our entire day's plans.
One option is to make reservations under separate names and phone numbers for around the same time at 2 different locations. And out of courtesy cancel when plans firm up. Just be aware of any credit card guarantees.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
wtrowbridge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
One option is to make reservations under separate names and phone numbers for around the same time at 2 different locations. And out of courtesy cancel when plans firm up. Just be aware of any credit card guarantees.
Can I do that when all 12 people are on my account? Like, would I just do my sister's name, etc. if I had one or two that I needed at the same time? and it would not matter that her name was also on my ressie?
April 2000
October 2011, ASMovies

DLR:
May 1992
April 2003
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Can I do that when all 12 people are on my account? Like, would I just do my sister's name, etc. if I had one or two that I needed at the same time? and it would not matter that her name was also on my ressie?
Make up a name you can remember and give a real cell phone number.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Are you aware there are credit card guarantees required for many restaurants and if you don't show you are charged a per person penalty? The idea to have backup plans in case of rain or whatever could get expensive that way. I wouldn't want to pay $120 as a no show and I wouldn't tie up adr's that other parties could use.

Last edited by Allison; 07-07-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #10
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Are you aware there are credit card guarantees required for many restaurants and if you don't show you are charged a per person penalty? The idea to have backup plans in case of rain or whatever could get expensive that way. I wouldn't want to pay $120 as a no show and I wouldn't tie up adr's that other parties could use.
Yup, that's right. You would need to cancel at least a day in advance or you will be charged $10 per person on the reservation. If you try to cancel the morning of the breakfast, it will be too late and you will be charged $120 for 12 people. I would just make it for one day and let everyone know that rain or shine, tired or not, everyone is having breakfast with Mickey and the gang that day.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #11
delgrec
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to mention that I had been juggling some ADR's around on the MDE app and in doing so, would end up with some conflicting (even identical) times before I had a chance to cancel the old. Only one time did it prompt me to cancel. The other times it allowed me to have ADR's that conflict (and they didn't fall in the previously mentioned loophole of lunch/dinner etc). Even more than that, the app wasn't working when I was trying to cancel some of them so for a few days (no access to a computer) I held them at the same time. Then all of a sudden it worked and I was able to cancel.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #12
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post

Yup, that's right. You would need to cancel at least a day in advance or you will be charged $10 per person on the reservation. If you try to cancel the morning of the breakfast, it will be too late and you will be charged $120 for 12 people. I would just make it for one day and let everyone know that rain or shine, tired or not, everyone is having breakfast with Mickey and the gang that day.
Not everyone has to have breakfast with Mickey and the gang. As long as 1 person shows up for the ADR there will not be any no-show charges.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you aware that when you do this "in case of rain" you are preventing another family from having that reservation that they will use? That is very unfair.
I may be called the "DIS Police" for saying that, but it is not that.
For me personally that is so entitled and wrong. My upbringing and my conscience will not allow me to do this.
Make one reservation for your group. If your plans change at the last minute, see what is available at that point. Don't hog reservations for the "what if".Others are trying to plan the perfect vacation too.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

first off going against the Dis rules about Dis'ing Disney.. Also you booking two reservations sometimes will cause the cancellation of both...it has been done and the dining reservation area will be doing that more with the new system they set up ...
Please do not post about going against the Disney rules..

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: