Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Well considering that those people at McDonalds make at least minimum wage and servers at WDW make $4.80 per hour....no. McDonalds isn't a tipped restaurant WDW buffets are.
Justify it however you want but at every buffet you ate at it cost someone money to have you in their station.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Crazie4daMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post

Ill give you drink part, but fast food places puts your food, cups, silverware on tray for you, cleans the tables, trays and floor. Never seen dollar left on the table at any fast food place to clean up your mess..

Do you tip when mc ds brings you fries after you are sitting down?
Fast food workers are paid at the very least, minimum wage for the service they provide so there is no need to leave a tip. Waiters, waitresses, and bartenders are not. They are paid about $2 an hour for the service they provide. If you can afford to go to Disney, you can afford to leave a decent tip and by that I mean, at the very least, 15% of what your total bill would be. Please THINK the next time you go to a buffet and leave a tip. Seriously.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazie4daMouse View Post
Fast food workers are paid at the very least, minimum wage for the service they provide so there is no need to leave a tip. Waiters, waitresses, and bartenders are not. They are paid about $2 an hour for the service they provide. If you can afford to go to Disney, you can afford to leave a decent tip and by that I mean, at the very least, 15% of what your total bill would be. Please THINK the next time you go to a buffet and leave a tip. Seriously.
never said I didn't tip at non buffet places. 10-20% depending on the quality of service.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
Crazie4daMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post

never said I didn't tip at non buffet places. 10-20% depending on the quality of service.
My comment wasn't about "non buffet places". 10%? Really? You should be ashamed and embarrassed to even post that. You have enough money to pay for the deluxe dining plan and you scrimp on tipping?? That sounds logical.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
JennaWest
Mouseketeer

Mom and Dad always taught me if you can't afford the tip you can't afford the meal. We tip %18-20+

WDW many times from 1994-1998 with family, December 2005 Allstar sports, September 2008 1st DVC stay split AKV w/ safari tour/ BCV! January 2010 Pop Century, January 2011 AKV Kidani September 2011 Labor Day Weekend OKW? September 25-27 2013 Beach Club Villas & Animal Kingdom Villas Club level!!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #21
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaWest View Post
Mom and Dad always taught me if you can't afford the tip you can't afford the meal. We tip %18-20+
This. My mother was a server my entire life and I would never not leave a tip. Even at a buffet, a server does a lot(and like with basically all restaurants there are probably things they do that you don't see) and for significantly less than minimum wage. They rely on tips to make their living and to deny them that because you(general you) are cheap is just wrong.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

because we dont do tipping posts...I will delete this ...and second of all ...the OP didnt ask about tipping

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: