Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
rosaciri
Earning My Ears

Mickey Magnets for Stateroom Doors

Hi Everyone

I am trying to look for Mickey magnets etc to put on our stateroom door on our next DCL cruise.

On our first cruise this year on the Fantasy I noticed that a lot of stateroom doors were decorated and am hoping to do this as we plan our next cruise for the Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy.

Any suggestions on how we can do this or where to look for things would be great.

I have tried ebay and beleive it or not didnt have much luck - did find our FE on ebay though which is great.

Many thanks for all your help.

Rosa
rosaciri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!

Not sure what search term you used when looking on ebay, but if you use the term "stateroom magnet" you should get quite a few options pop up. Some of the sellers have even more images to choose from in the context of the auction, so the image shown in the header of the auction isn't always the only image available

There are also a ton of threads on here about how to make your own, and folks that offer various graphics to help you. I'd suggest you search under the same term on this site, or even DISigns..or something like that....to find those threads.
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #3
rosaciri
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellynn View Post
Not sure what search term you used when looking on ebay, but if you use the term "stateroom magnet" you should get quite a few options pop up. Some of the sellers have even more images to choose from in the context of the auction, so the image shown in the header of the auction isn't always the only image available

There are also a ton of threads on here about how to make your own, and folks that offer various graphics to help you. I'd suggest you search under the same term on this site, or even DISigns..or something like that....to find those threads.

Thank you so much for your help - will do that. We did the Western Carribean cruise this year on The Fantasy and we luved it - happy sailing to you. Enjoy and safe travels
Old 08-22-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
hildai
Earning My Ears

For our cruise two years ago, I ended up ordering our magnet from etsy for around $10 and then made several others once I figured out what to do for the rest of the cabins in our group.

It's not hard to do . . . you'll just need to buy some cardstock and/or magnetic printable paper, have a good color printer, and some time to play around with the designs/lettering. The wonderful & creative DISers have some very beautiful designs on the boards to help you get started! Good luck
Old 08-22-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
Disneysince1982
DIS Veteran

I have a thread on this forum, Barbs Cruise DISigns. The links for my photobucket are in post 2 of my thread. There is no charge for these DISigns. You have to print them yourself.
Barbara
Photobucket links and password are in Post #2 of this thread.
I do not do birthday or holiday disigns. I do not do personalization for birthdays or holidays.
These DISigns are for personal use only. Absolutely no blanks -Please do not ask.

To save the pics on your computer:
click on the pic in this thread. This brings you to 4shared. Then on the bottom right hand corner of the pic is a thing with 4 arrows. Click on that to expand the pic. Once it is expanded right click on the pic and save image to your computer (save image as...).
Please save your images when they are posted. They will be deleted from 4shared after a week or 2.
Disneysince1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
rosaciri
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysince1982 View Post
I have a thread on this forum, Barbs Cruise DISigns. The links for my photobucket are in post 2 of my thread. There is no charge for these DISigns. You have to print them yourself.
Barbara

Perfect - many thanks Barbara. I will take a look at your albums and will send you a PM if that's ok to get some done for our cruise. Its not for a while so I have plenty of time - just doing a little planning and organizing ATM so that we are all prepared for our second cruise as there will be 10 of us sailing. Thank u Rosa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: