Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
Disneydreaming85
Earning My Ears

Help! First timer questions-pat and luggage tags

Hi everyone,
Sailing on disney fantasy on 6th September. Have a few questions, please help!

1) have a pat of 11-11.30. Private transfers are booked to leave disneys beach club at 11am. Should I try and leave disney earlier than 11am? Or would arriving at 12 be ok? I have no idea what to do!

2) luggage tags-booked through virgin, have received no luggage tags! Can I pick these up in wdw? If so, where? Or can I get them on arrival at port?

Thanks in advance everyone, booked this as part of our honeymoon and trying to plan everything, but am clueless at cruises! :-) :-)
Disneydreaming85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Enjoy your first cruise!!!

You can arrive anytime after your PAT, so departure from WDW depends on when you want to get to the port. It's about a 50 minute drive. Boarding usually starts between 11:30 and 11:45, so if you arrive around noon, you'll probably be able to walk right on to the ship after checking in. So you should be good.

Luggage tags for the ship come from Disney Cruise Line and you should have received them by now. I'd call DCL or your travel agent, whomever you booked through and check on those. Even if you don't get them before you leave, when you arrive at the port, the porters (where you drop off your luggage) will have them. These are the tags that direct your luggage to your state room. They should not be attached before your flight, but before you get to the ship or right at the port.

Relax, enjoy and congratulations!

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Disneydreaming85
Earning My Ears

Thank you! Virgin have been pretty rubbish, so will have to get the luggage tags at the port! Am very excited! :-)
Disneydreaming85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
lelalittlelegs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreaming85 View Post
Thank you! Virgin have been pretty rubbish, so will have to get the luggage tags at the port! Am very excited! :-)
We booked via Virgin a few years ago and again, they were rubbish. We didn't get our tags either ahead of our cruise (they were waiting on our doormat when we got home) so we got them off the porters at the cruise terminal.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreaming85 View Post
... so will have to get the luggage tags at the port! Am very excited! :-)
Since you are staying at the Beach Club pre-cruise, you can probably ask at the front desk if they have any DCL luggage tags. Bring a sharpie and write your stateroom on, as it won't be pre-printed. Makes for 1 less thing to do on arrival at port.

Enjoy your land&sea vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Pat

One if flying to MCO and going to WDW first do not put Ship Luggage tags on. Going to PC from WDW. It is been stated you will not make it before 11:00 on Disney Bus. So PAT is not important. Terminal opens at 10:30 am. Check with Beach Culb for Tranfer departure times that will be your controlling factor. Remember the bus will stop at other WD hotels for pick ups. If you are more that 4 look into limo its cheaper. Just a though. Enjoy your cruise.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: