Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #121
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures! JJ definitely looks like he was having the time of his life!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #122
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Love the big smile on JJ's face even when facing Vader!!

Enjoyed the picture with Chewie also!

I do like how they sign kids up in advance at DHS better than picking the kids from the audience in DL. But I won't complain to much because Jeremy has been picked 3 out of 4 times when he's wanted to do JTA! One year they didn't have enough kids to fight Darth Maul so Jeremy got to be the first child to fight Darth Vader and then he was the last child to fight Darth Maul! He was in heaven!! He actually told me one day "Mommy I don't need to do Jedi Training anymore because I've got to beat both Darth Vader and Darth Maul." Brought tears to my eye because I don't want him to be done! He's only 6!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #123
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Loved JTA! The smiles and expressions on JJs face are priceless! The photos of him battling Earth when he is up on his tip toes are my favorite. Agree the Jedi looks like a prince. So far been a very magical SWW.

Hope labs go ok today and its a great day at Disney for you! Stay cool!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #124
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Sorry to hear that JJ is still having problems with the throat tics. Hopefully, they will go away soon. Monday Musings sounds like a great thing. I wished we lived closer to Disney. I would love to be able to wake up and decide to go. We do that with Six Flags, definitely not the same thing. But it gives the kids their coaster fix until we get back to Disney. Only 88 more days. We booked a long weekend trip over Columbus Day. So excited.
I wish I could honestly say he was doing better with the choking, but we really aren't seeing much improvement. It's frustrating.

88 days will be here before you know it. Are you going to MNSSHP? Do your kids like thrill rides? JJ can't go on thrill rides anymore, so he's perfectly content with the mellow ones. Columbus Day weekend is a good weekend to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love the pictures! JJ definitely looks like he was having the time of his life!!!
Oh yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Love the big smile on JJ's face even when facing Vader!!

Enjoyed the picture with Chewie also!

I do like how they sign kids up in advance at DHS better than picking the kids from the audience in DL. But I won't complain to much because Jeremy has been picked 3 out of 4 times when he's wanted to do JTA! One year they didn't have enough kids to fight Darth Maul so Jeremy got to be the first child to fight Darth Vader and then he was the last child to fight Darth Maul! He was in heaven!! He actually told me one day "Mommy I don't need to do Jedi Training anymore because I've got to beat both Darth Vader and Darth Maul." Brought tears to my eye because I don't want him to be done! He's only 6!!
That's great that he defeated both! Guess he'll have to come to WDW to attempt to get Ventress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Loved JTA! The smiles and expressions on JJs face are priceless! The photos of him battling Earth when he is up on his tip toes are my favorite. Agree the Jedi looks like a prince. So far been a very magical SWW.

Hope labs go ok today and its a great day at Disney for you! Stay cool!
Lol, he may have been air born or nearly. He couldn't have gotten much higher, lol.

Labs done. Everyone back to sleep except me. Soon time to head out to WDW!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #125
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

As soon as JTA was finished, we went to JAT's M&G. We were all smiling ear to ear.

We all sang Happy Birthday to Kurt. He is a wonderful CM. He is one of those who goes above and beyond. You'll hear about this coming up.

When it was our turn, JAT asked JJ what he's been doing at SWW. He told him about JTA, the parade, the shows, etc. He told him that he hopes to be a voice actor too someday. He did his Yoda voice. JAT told him to keep on practicing in front of a mirror and never stop. He doesn't stop very often.

They decided to re-inact last year's picture.

The two of them were pretty silly. JJ was still on that great high from JTA. It didn't take much to egg him on.

The M&G was so much fun, we laughed and laughed. We also shared with him about our date that changed everything. He thanked us for sharing and said he'd be praying for us. We knew he meant it, and his family is in ours as well.

We had an ADR for 50's PTC. The all you can drink vanilla or cherry soda is now here instead of the Sci Fi. They also had JJ's favorite grilled chicken here too. He preferred the change of menu. I had the sampler platter. DH had the meatloaf.

Our server was fantastic! She was perfect at gauging what JJ could handle. She wasn't over bearing and let him determine what he could handle. She took it slow at first. She was ready to push it, but also ready to back off at the same time. JJ loved the server! Her name was Jamie.

She allowed him to do the dishes.

Everyone teased him that he was in trouble. But Jamie told everyone that he was not. He was helping her.

He got the clean plate sticker

And she signed his autograph book

He said it was the best meal ever and it was time for us to leave.

We did one more M&G before we headed out of the park. We saw Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti. They taught him a "new" way to do the force. This was serious business for him. But it didn't stick with him like last year's did.

We were back to the room around 3pm. The room quickly got warm (it was almost 90 degrees). The air conditioner had broken. We were moved to a different room, but not before JJ got sick. He was to bed early, and we had the air cranked cook for him. The rest of the night was uneventful and cool.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #126
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear jj is still struggling with seizures/tics. Hope they figure out something soon. Have fun at disney today!
sl_underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #127
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love seeing JJ in his element! what a great day for him at JTA and all the M&G! lunch at 50's sounds fun, how sweet the waitress was to him!

hope the labs go well today, sorry JJ's been dealing with more tics!

have a magical day at WDW today!

sorry I didn't answer your text yesterday, was out with Megan's dance group and was wiped out when we got home...will text you in a bit!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #128
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

My kids do love all the thrill rides. We have been going to Universal lately because they love the coasters but I put my foot down this time. I need to see Mickey. We are doing MNSSHP. I booked it last night. So excited. We haven't been to a Halloween party in several years.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #129
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
So sorry to hear jj is still struggling with seizures/tics. Hope they figure out something soon. Have fun at disney today!
Thank you so much. We had a fabulous afternoon. Tonight he isn't feeling that great though. He's very sensitive to light right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
love seeing JJ in his element! what a great day for him at JTA and all the M&G! lunch at 50's sounds fun, how sweet the waitress was to him!

hope the labs go well today, sorry JJ's been dealing with more tics!

have a magical day at WDW today!

sorry I didn't answer your text yesterday, was out with Megan's dance group and was wiped out when we got home...will text you in a bit!
Thanks. I think every day of SWW, except one day, was the best day ever. I guess we're all allowed 1 day every now and then.

We had a wonderful day today. We ate a late breakfast at 1900PF then went into the MK to check out the Limited Time Magic, Long Lost Friends. Also stopped off for a LeFou's Brew before heading back out of the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
My kids do love all the thrill rides. We have been going to Universal lately because they love the coasters but I put my foot down this time. I need to see Mickey. We are doing MNSSHP. I booked it last night. So excited. We haven't been to a Halloween party in several years.
Which day are you doing the party? We really enjoyed MNSSHP last year. Any ideas what you are going to wear? I know my guys will do Star Wars. It's a given.

We've been going on the dark side. I really like Universal. There aren't many things JJ can go on there. Seems everything either has a simulator or strobe lights. However, we have had a really nice time each we've gone.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #130
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
That's great that he defeated both! Guess he'll have to come to WDW to attempt to get Ventress.
I'm working on getting that trip!!

Great M&G's! Love the reenactment picture. That's always fun to get the same type of pictures.

Glad JJ had a great time with his meets. Awesome pictures too!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #131
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'm working on getting that trip!!

Great M&G's! Love the reenactment picture. That's always fun to get the same type of pictures.

Glad JJ had a great time with his meets. Awesome pictures too!
That would be so much fun!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #132
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Most of you saw these pictures on my fb page, but for those who didn't, yesterday was FUN!

First the joke was on me. Well, not really, but it stung a little in the pocket. We bought TiW last Monday, and I forgot to take my card with me yesterday. Doubt I'll make that mistake again!

We had an ADR for 11am yesterday for breakfast at 1900PF. Our last character meal was over a year ago. To prepare, we watched Mary Poppins. It's been a long time since we've seen Mary Poppins. JJ only remembered two of the scenes (the laughing on the ceiling and the chimney sweeps.) He said the rest was like seeing it for the first time.

The characters in attendance were Alice, the mad hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Pooh.

After breakfast, we went over to the Magic Kingdom to the Limited Time Magic: Long Lost Friends.

We had the most incredible interaction with Dr. Facillier! We missed the cut off, but Brittany the cm tried to get us to see the doctor, but with no promises. Dr. Facillier took things into his own hands, and JJ got to see him! This was our first time for a M&G with him. Last year, we tried to see him at MNSSHP, but it just didn't work out. Today's was perfect. We love Dr. Facillier! And Louis too, but we really love Dr. Facillier!

Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #133
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Love all your pics!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #134
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

How neat that you were able to get over to see some of the long lost characters! Love 'em!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #135
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

We are going to the October 11th MNSSHP. Not sure about costumes. The boys told me today that they were too big to wear costumes. What??? I told them they were crazy. When you are at Disney, you are never too old to have a good time. I may be the only one dressed up.

Loved all the pictures of Long Lost Friends. I love The Princess and the Frog so seeing Dr. Facillier and Louis would be awesome.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jta, sww

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: