Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #16
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Joining in and looking forward to following along. I would love to go for SWW one year. It looks like such fun. How cool to be part of the motorcade!!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #17
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Great start! I'm not a SW fan (don't even know who most of the characters you mention are) but I'm a JJ fan and love reading about the things that make him happy.

Deb, You are so sweet and I really do appreciate you being here for JJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoJenn View Post
How unbelievably awesome!! We had Disney bus service problems on our SWW day and got there late to see them on the roof.

I'm so sorry about your bus problems on your SWW day. This year they didn't show on the roof at all. They were inside the park on those moving platform thingies. I'm sure there is a more appropriate sophisticated name for the platform, but I have no idea what it was called. At a certain time, they roped off that area and the troopers and platforms moved back stage.

We've been to SWW every year since 2004. ONCE my oldest was asked. That was back when the entire parade ended at Star Tours. It was really a big privilege, honor and blessing for JJ to be asked to be in the motorcade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'm here! Now off to read since Jeremy is up from his nap!!

Quote:
What a fun start!! The magic is already starting with an invite to be in the parade!!
Sandra, Yes!! It was a fun start. The magic didn't stop there. We were there 11 of the 12 days of SWW. Every day was a blast! Sure there were some kinks along the way, photopass pictures missing, some rude comments, etc. But those things were few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
I'm here.

Lora, I'm so glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Joining in and looking forward to following along. I would love to go for SWW one year. It looks like such fun. How cool to be part of the motorcade!!!!

Christine, thanks for joining in and following along! I hope you get your chance to go to SWW one year. It's so much fun. The motorcade invitation was something we never expected. It was a huge sprinkling of pixie dust.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Previous update. Day 1: Part 1: Dreams Come True

Queen Amidala and Dee Bradley Baker M&G

I left off with the parade invite and a fast pass to see Dee Bradley Baker. We had some time on our hands before either. We decided to check out the event merchandise between Idol and Sounds Dangerous. We walked around Echo Lake in front of Hollywood and Vine. I saw a manager and decided to ask her about the celebrity fast pass. Dh took JJ away and sidetracked him with something else. I asked if it would be allowed for JJ to see the celebrity instead of dh. She said she was sure something could be arranged, and she called over another cm and it was arranged. (More pixie dust!)

There was still some time left. We walked over to the merchandise and checked it out. For the first year, there was an autograph book especially made for SWW! This was a must get. We decided to wait on any other purchases for later. Grumpy always wants the glass and mug for his collection.

With autograph book in hand, we walked over to Queen Amidala’s line and got in it. JJ talked to the child in line behind us. He liked JJ’s autograph book. The parents asked where we got it. The dad headed over there and got one too. They are very nice. There is a place for an autograph on one page and a picture on the other page. I apologize, I did not take any pictures of the autograph book.

It was our turn. JJ went right up there and he and Queen Amidala talked up a storm. I asked him what they talked about. He said they were talking about Anakin. He told her that Anakin had a lightsaber and she said she remembered when Anakin was a boy like him.

Speaking of lightsabers, there’s an interesting story how JJ got his. As a surprise we had bought him an R2-D2 at Walmart. When we had opened it, it didn’t work. Dh called the Hasbro phone number and the employee was unable to help him. He apologized and said that it was a limited time thing at Walmart and there are no more of those available. He said that he would mail out a complimentary gift and a credit for a future purchase. He asked what theme would be best for the complimentary gift. Dh said Star Wars. A week or so later, a little package arrived. It was this lightsaber. JJ was so excited because it is the exact same kind of blue lightsaber that they give the kids to use at JTA and the parade!! There was no credit mailed with it. So dh called Hasbro back. They apologized and said it may have been sent separately but it was definitely mailed. Dh thanked them and hung up. Much to our surprise the person he talked to on the phone sent out ANOTHER complimentary gift. This one was a Star Wars Trouble game!! Double the pixie dust from Hasbro and the credit came too. Hasbro’s costumer service was more than excellent.

DH got in on the action…

Then so did I…

It still wasn’t time for the celebrity M&G. We knew JJ needed to cool off so we headed to Tattoine Traders. The store was crowded. It took some time to navigate to the back of it. JJ begged to make a droid, but he has done that on other occasions and the line was long. You could see in his eyes that he was disappointed.

Every weekend there was a special SWW giftcard. Dh brought cash to get a few of these to use then save as souvenirs afterwards. Weekend 1 it was a Jedi Mickey on the gift card.

Celebrity FP time arrived. We walked over to Echo Lake and got JJ in line. JJ was so excited to see Dee Bradley Baker again. He spoke in different voices to him. He thought it was great that JJ had the picture of the secret telling. There was also another picture of him with the other Clone War characters from Celebration VI that Grumpy took during one of the panels. He laughed when he saw the picture and said something about how fun that was. (It’s the same picture mentioned in my PTR that was signed by Ashley Eckstein at the Orlando Science Center during that event.)

JJ was thrilled to have seen him again. Thanked him and JJ said he was going to be in the motorcade. The reply back was something like so am I. JJ answered back, “cool”.

His "secret" picture was signed and included this personal message, "You are a true fan and a great keeper of secrets!"

We were off to hydrate and cool JJ before the motorcade. At 10:30 we headed over to Sounds Dangerous. Dh and JJ went inside a gated area and I was sent over to the hat to find the special viewing area for family.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
jojosam
Mouseketeer

Sounds awesome so far!!! So much pixie dust!!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #20
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

I can't wait! JJ is such a special child!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
jpmandan
DIS Veteran

Our WDW trips 2002,2003,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011
jpmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

so excited you started! love all the pixie dust sprinkled for JJ I love that the characters and celebrities remember him year to year and for him to be in the parade is just amazing!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #23
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Sounds awesome so far!!! So much pixie dust!!
Thanks for joining in! We were very appreciative and surprised by the pixie dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
I can't wait! JJ is such a special child!
So glad you are here! Thanks, this was a very special time for him. He was in heaven between SWW and his play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmandan View Post
Thanks for letting me know your here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
so excited you started! love all the pixie dust sprinkled for JJ I love that the characters and celebrities remember him year to year and for him to be in the parade is just amazing!
And I'm excited your here and that you are excited for us. I know that Star Wars isn't really your thing, but a part of you was with us the whole time. You'll notice JJ wearing the Cars Land hat in any picture where I forgot to take it off of him. He loves it so much and wears it everywhere. It's replaced his Boba Fett hat.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #24
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Thanks for the heads up Michelle! Thrilled you have started and so excited to read about all of the fun and special events. LOVE seeing JJ's smiling face, he looks so happy. AMAZING Pixie Duse already!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Great that JJ got to do the meet!! I think it's great how they all remember him! Love the pictures!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #26
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Michelle! Thrilled you have started and so excited to read about all of the fun and special events. LOVE seeing JJ's smiling face, he looks so happy. AMAZING Pixie Duse already!
:Welcome: Thanks for joining in! So glad you're here. He definitely was in his element, he was very happy. The pixie dust was incredible.

Quote:
Great that JJ got to do the meet!! I think it's great how they all remember him! Love the pictures!
JJ was so excited. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #27
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am here!

How extremely cool that JJ got picked for the parade!!! I can't wait to read all about it.

The meet and greets sound like they were awesome too!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #28
Fairy Floss
Mouseketeer

I'm here ...

So far, it sounds like you had an amazing time

Hong Kong Disneyland 2011
Paris Disneyland 2012
WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Fairy Floss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #29
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
:
And I'm excited your here and that you are excited for us. I know that Star Wars isn't really your thing, but a part of you was with us the whole time. You'll notice JJ wearing the Cars Land hat in any picture where I forgot to take it off of him. He loves it so much and wears it everywhere. It's replaced his Boba Fett hat.

nope its not, but learning so much from your TR's
so happy JJ is loving his hat from us! means a lot that it has taken the place of his Boba Fett hat

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #30
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR!

Tags
jta, sww

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: