DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #46
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyduck49 View Post
What are you the DVC police! Lol
Yes, you got me, I am the DVC police. Either that or I'm just someone who gets frustrated reading a post where someone says that they are not trying to circumvent the system and then describes a situation where they circumvent the system. Nah, that makes no sense. I'm the DVC police.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #47
SpaceMountain77
Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman

If I was to join DVC all over again, I would have bought 501 points at AKV, split over several contracts, so that I could book week long stays in standard view grand villa at Kidani once a year.

Last edited by SpaceMountain77; 06-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

Quote:
Just to close on the extra towels/soap - we certainly aren't trying to go around the rules. If we see a mouse keeper and need an extra towel they have always been great. We are very mindful of the little things - turning off lights, checking out early or on time because we know how anxious the next family is to get their room. Clearly we all pay through our maint fees for the soap, towels, everything. We know not to expect the daily service - knew that when we bought. We do bring extras - hangers is the one that we always run short on .
I see nothing wrong with this. You are doing more than most would to be courteous. If a mouse keeper gives you a towel, consider it a magical moment!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #49
Daisyduck49
Mouseketeer

Imangeerthat! Thank you😍
Old 06-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #50
Daisyduck49
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #51
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerTHAT View Post
I see nothing wrong with this. You are doing more than most would to be courteous. If a mouse keeper gives you a towel, consider it a magical moment!
I think this is what Jim was alluding to when he said that he didn't drink and drive "in school zones". Because he is so courteous to not do so, should he be forgiven if he were to drink and drive outside of a school zone?

I agree that Daisyduck does go out of his way to keep costs down and be respectful in a number of areas, which is great and is to be commended. But I don't think it gives him an excuse to break other rules. I suppose if you want to do that then nobody is going to stop you, but don't expect people on here to give you a pass when you post about it, because for the most part it's not going to happen.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #52
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
But you see you are nagging. Unbelievable
Better get used to it around here

Old 06-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #53
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
What are you the DVC police! Lol
Yes they are . They are also financial advisors too

I highly doubt this has any affect on MF cost

Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #54
Daisyduck49
Mouseketeer

This is out of control. We have stayed at DVC 25 + times and maybe once or twice we casually asked if we could have an extra towel when were in a studio before we knew the rules. All we were trying to say in the original post was - we certainly had no clue we were breaking a rule or asking anyone on this forum to approve it -We simply were telling the poster on the thread how across the board when staying at DVC the cast members try to assist.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #55
spruce
DIS Veteran

Daisyduck, just think about your happy place.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #56
spruce
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver

That's hilarious! Open forums certainly can be amusing.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #57
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

Not to nag, but you are going around the rules if you stop a housekeeper and ask for an extra towel. Of course they are great. They don't always understand the rules of DVC. All they know is they are supposed to fully clean or just provide trash and towel service to a specific villa.

All those "stop the housekeeper in the hallway" wind up adding extra costs for the members at that resort. If you need extra, call Housekeeping, ask for an extra towel pack and ask for it to be added to your bill.
Does it really cost the resort to give you an extra towel? So much so that the costs would be passed on to the members? I doubt it.

Last edited by carissa1970; 06-30-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #58
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We must be the exception. We have never paid for extra towels and request them often. Same with shampoos, etc. We do try and catch the cleaning team.
Quote:
This is out of control. We have stayed at DVC 25 + times and maybe once or twice we casually asked if we could have an extra towel when were in a studio before we knew the rules. All we were trying to say in the original post was - we certainly had no clue we were breaking a rule or asking anyone on this forum to approve it -We simply were telling the poster on the thread how across the board when staying at DVC the cast members try to assist.
It's not out of control. What's out of control is your changing your story every time you get a little criticism. Just own it, apologize or ignore the comments, and move on. But don't defend it and don't change your story, because people aren't going to let that slide.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #59
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
Does it really cost the resort to give you an extra towel? So much so that the costs would be passed on to the members? I doubt it.
This is the same kind of thinking as "my vote doesn't count so I'm not going to vote" and it's flawed. Will one extra towel incur a measurable cost that will be passed onto the members? No, of course not, that is ridiculous. But if there are twenty or thirty people who do this during their stays each week, over the course of the year that is certainly a measurable cost.

Put another way, Yellowstone National Park has about three million visitors each year. If one visitor decides that they're going to drop their chewing gum wrapper on the ground, thinking that they were the only one doing it, I hardly think it would make a difference. But what if 10% of visitors thought this? Or 20%, or 50%? Now all of a sudden you're looking at hundreds of thousands of chewing gum wrappers messing up a national park.

Add to this the fact that the poster in question was trying to shirk responsibility for breaking the rules by pointing to the other rules that they do follow, and it's going to get a bad reaction. Every time.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #60
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
You have a problem because you have made factually incorrect statements and people on here have corrected you. That doesn't make them financial advisers and it's really not fair for you to take shots at them (or "us" if you're including me in that group).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
So to be clear, what you are saying is that providing additional goods and services that have both hard costs and labor costs attached to them will have no effect on maintenance fees? Then what does affect maintenance fees in your opinion?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: