DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
SFlaDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Small VGF contract questions

A couple of quick questions. After lots of analyzing and lots more reading here we are going to buy resale (a couple of "small/medium" sized contracts where we want to stay). That being said, our family spent an amazing Memorial Day weekend at the GF on a cash reservation last month. We are driving up this weekend (we live 3 hours away) for some alone time as a couple. While there we want to tour VGF.

1. We are considering (if we like what we see and I am sure we will) getting a small direct contract so we can do a romantic weekend once a year just the two of us. This leads to point #2 below.

2. I know they have a soft "minimum" point purchase. What are the odds if we decide to purchase that they will sell us a 25 or 50 point contract this weekend? If I whip out my checkbook or Amex, will they let me walk away empty handed?

3. I am still not 100% sold on the idea and only due to the economics of paying the direct price (why I am buying our bigger contracts resale). On the other hand I think finding a small contract down the road for resale will have lots of competition and my other half just loves the look and feel of the GF. I am ok with overpaying (up to a point) to make her happy :-)

Thoughts?
SFlaDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

I have heard of people getting as few as 75 points as a beginning contract. 25 points will not get you 2 nights once a year. You will have to talk with a guide but I doubt they will allow you to buy in that low. Having cash to pay won't make a difference.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
SFlaDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

I was speaking off the cuff when I said 25 or 50. My bad. 50 is where I would be. That gives us a studio for a weekend each year based on the 2014 chart at the times of year we would go without the DD.
SFlaDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFlaDisneyfans View Post
I was speaking off the cuff when I said 25 or 50. My bad. 50 is where I would be. That gives us a studio for a weekend each year based on the 2014 chart at the times of year we would go without the DD.
make sure to book the weekend 10-11 months out to be safe. if you wait till after the 7 month window opens, it doesn't matter where you own.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Disney Vegas Couple
Earning My Ears

We bought 70 points and had no problems. They would have let us go as low as 25 points cash or 50 points financed. We already have a contract at BCV so just wanted a small contract at VGF for a studio just for us. Booked for next April...can't wait.

DVC Owners - BCV since Oct 2012, VGF since Jun 2013
Oct 2013 BCV; May 2013 Wonder; Oct 2012 Dream, CBR; Jun 2012 POFQ; Sept 2011 CBR
Disney Vegas Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Vegas Couple View Post
We bought 70 points and had no problems. They would have let us go as low as 25 points cash or 50 points financed. We already have a contract at BCV so just wanted a small contract at VGF for a studio just for us. Booked for next April...can't wait.
This is the difference, a new buyer comes under different guidelines. I'm not sure I've heard the minimum for VGF.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
Disney Vegas Couple
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
This is the difference, a new buyer comes under different guidelines. I'm not sure I've heard the minimum for VGF.
You are correct, I wasn't thinking for a minute. DVCNews shows minimum 100 points.

DVC Owners - BCV since Oct 2012, VGF since Jun 2013
Oct 2013 BCV; May 2013 Wonder; Oct 2012 Dream, CBR; Jun 2012 POFQ; Sept 2011 CBR
Disney Vegas Couple is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: