Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
emma212010
DIS Veteran

"It’s a Nice Song, but They Won’t Stop Singing!!” A June 2013 TR LAST Update!!! 12/11

Welcome to my third TR here on the Disboards!

You can find links to all of my TRs in my signature. If you have followed me here from my previous reports, welcome back! If you are just stumbling upon this now, welcome!! I am really excited to share this TR with you. Buckle up!

Well, its been a couple days since our trip, and I have been struggling with PDD (Post Disney Depression) and the best treatment is not a medication, but to start a Trip Report. We got home on the 23rd after a long journey that started much earlier than the departure date. Why? Because we started the moving process wayyy back in January of 2013 when my step father got a job offer from a company in Naples, Florida that he just couldnt turn down. We packed up his moving van, and with the dog, he made the 27 hour drive to a warmer place. Then, six months later, it was my Moms turn to move. She is a high school French teacher, so she waited until the end of the school year, and her contract, to leave. The past six months were full of moving boxes, garage sales, cleaning, negotiating offers, and dealing with prospective buyers for our Vermont home. Finally, in great timing, we accepted an offer and they close yesterday (Friday, June 28, 2013). Things moved pretty quickly, and I had to get the rest of the furniture that they didnt take with them out of the house by Thursday!! It was stressful and there was a lot to do in very little time. It all worked out though, and now, its officially closed!! I do want to put out a heads up here because the first few posts on this trip report will be about the moving process as well as our trip down to Naples and the time spent there. Disney posts wont start for a while because we didnt arrive in Disney until Thursday the 20th. Ill put the link to the page the Disney posts start on when I get there here:

IT'S DISNEY TIME!!!

This trip was full of so much exciting stuff. There were first experiences, a long drive, a train ride, and a flight home. This was definitely a one of a kind trip. I introduced my DBF to the World (as well as Florida in general), and it was my first trip to Disney without a parent. We ate at some new places and rode some new rides. And most importantly, we saw New Fantasyland for the first time!

How about we get into the details?

Cast:

Me- You might recognize me from my other two TRs or three PTRs (links in my signature), but my name is Emma. I am a 20 year old college student. I live in Vermont, go to college in New Hampshire, and now I have a home in Florida! My parents are divorced, and my Dad still lives in Vermont with his wife and their kids (my step and half brothers). I have been going to Disney since I was three years old, and have really taken a liking, ahem, OBSESSION, in the last few years. I went in 2010 for a high school graduation gift, and Im pretty sure that is when I became obsessed with all the little things that make up such a wonderful place. Random fact time: I am majoring in Child Development, and I want to be an elementary school teacher when I grow up. I have been an athlete all my life, my favorite sports being basketball and then soccer. I am 6'1" tall, but I used to (and still do) dream about being a Disney princess. My favorite princess is Belle because I love her personality and her dress. I have been to Disney roughly 12 times. My favorite park is Epcot, which it never used to be- I was a MK girl when I was young.

Troy- My DBF! He is a recently 21 year old sports guy. Also a college student, we go to the same college in New Hampshire, and we grew up in the same town in Vermont. He has a large family, he is one of four children, and his parents could never afford to vacation anywhere besides short road trips to Maine and Six Flags in New York. Although he did fly with us to France and Spain in high school, this trip marked his second plane ride ever. He had never been south of New Jersey before this trip, and we ended up driving beyond it with little to no frustration and fighting. He is my best friend just as much as he is my boyfriend, and I was so excited to finally get to show him my happy place that he has heard so much, maybe a bit too much, about. He was a great sport and adapted well to the chaos of Disney. Random facts about Troy: His favorite Disney movie is the Lion King, but he also really likes Mulan. This was his first trip evah! He is 6'4" tall, so we both stick out in a crowd. He's goofy, but very quiet in new situations. I think he secretly loved it! Shh!!

Mom and Step Dad- Ive already explained a bit about these two lovies, but more specifically they are the reason I can visit my happy place as often as I do. My Mom introduced me to the World at a very young age, and I am so happy she did! Over the years we have taken many trips together. She is a teacher, so it worked out really well for us to both go on our breaks- since they were at the same time. In college it is a bit harder, and now that she is 1,500 miles away, it makes it much harder. However, I am very excited about the future, and although I will miss her living 15 minutes away from my Dads house, I am very excited for her. It is a great excuse for me to get out of the awful cold temperatures and further explore another part of the country. I had not seen Step Dad since January (since that is when he had moved to FL), so it was great to finally see him again. He works so hard, and even likes Disney&just a little .

Dates:

June 17, 2013- June 23, 2013

On the road, on the train, at my Moms Naples apartment, and FINALLY Disneys Dolphin resort.

Reason:

Umm, Im pretty sure Ive explained this already, but just in case you need a refresher, MY MOM MOVED TO FLORIDA!!!

Lets get this show on the road, shall we?

And were WALKING! (Inside joke DBF and I had on our trip to motivate the occasional stop-and-stare-ers and the wait-I-dont-know-how-to-move-in-a-line-ers. Youll see& )

1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR

Last edited by emma212010; 12-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Reserved for your reading convenience-

Pretrip Planning

Day 1: June 16-17, 2013

Can We Go Yet???
Waiting for the Amtrak

Day 2: June 18, 2013

Troy's First U.S. Palm Tree
Sonic, Mansions, and a Beach

Day 3: June 19, 2013

Two More Dining Experiences That We Should Have Already Experienced
Debatably Too Many Pictures on the Beach at Sunset

Day 4: June 20, 2013

It's DISNEY TIME!!
Stroll on the Boardwalk
SO MANY PICTURES
Dinner at the Fountain and a Lovely Illuminations Preview

Day 5: June 21, 2013

Trip Report Title Alert!
Please Try To Contain Your Excitement
World Showcase Lovin'
World Showcase Showcase part I
World Showcase Showcase part II
Poutine for You, Poutine for Me
Finally, MAGIC KINGDOM
Not Just Any Bathrooms
Troy's First Disney FIREWORKS
Celebrate the Magic!
Dip Kissing on Main Street

Day 6: June 22, 2013

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
To Tomorrowland and Beyond!
Fantasyland <3
Be Our Guest Lunch part I
Be Our Guest Lunch part II
Be Our Guest Lunch part III
Goodbye Magic Kingdom!
Welcome to Your Future
Ohana part I
Ohana part II
A Perfect Little Evening

Day 7: June 23, 2013

Hollywood Studios Morning
The Time I Actually Won
Lunch at Starring Rolls = YUM!!
Goodbye Disney

Epilogue
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Last edited by emma212010; 12-11-2013 at 03:44 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Well OF COURSE I'm following because although I know a lot about your trip, there's a ton I wasn't there for, so I CAN'T WAIT to hear more about!!!! AND I haven't seen the photos yet, so I'm REALLY excited to see Troy in WDW!!!!

Yay!!!!!!

you!!!

XX
Old 06-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Joining in!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 06-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Well OF COURSE I'm following because although I know a lot about your trip, there's a ton I wasn't there for, so I CAN'T WAIT to hear more about!!!! AND I haven't seen the photos yet, so I'm REALLY excited to see Troy in WDW!!!!

Yay!!!!!!

you!!!

XX
Yay!! I'm so excited!! I haven't even gone through all of my pictures yet! I think I've got some good ones, though!!

you too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Joining in!
Yayyyy!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
FlaNani
Mouseketeer

Joining in

Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Whoops, I totally missed this yesterday but I'm here now! Excited!!!

-Marissa
Old 07-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

joining in

Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I hope you had a great trip. I'm coming along for the ride to hear all about it.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

In for your TR!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #12
jojosam
Mouseketeer

Having a new home in FL could intensify that Disney obsession! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Having a new home in FL could intensify that Disney obsession! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
It absolutely has!!! LOL! Now, if I just didn't have to work...

Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #14
Donald Duck888
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow northern New Englander (NH here) lol.

Sounds like you had quite a good time on your trip.

Congrats on the house closing (those can be crazy) and on being done with the process of moving.

I am curious to hear what you thought about the autotrain as I have thought about trying it one day.

DIS Dad # 630
Old 07-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNani View Post
Joining in
Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here!!!
Woot Woot!!! I really need to catch up on your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Whoops, I totally missed this yesterday but I'm here now! Excited!!!
Yay!! I'm glad you made it!! I have some serious catching up to do on your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
joining in
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I hope you had a great trip. I'm coming along for the ride to hear all about it.
Thanks! We did! I can't wait to share! Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
In for your TR!
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Thanks! I can't wait to share it all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck888 View Post
Just wanted to say hi to a fellow northern New Englander (NH here) lol.

Sounds like you had quite a good time on your trip.

Congrats on the house closing (those can be crazy) and on being done with the process of moving.

I am curious to hear what you thought about the autotrain as I have thought about trying it one day.
Welcome and hello!!

We did!! It was awesome!

Thanks, I'm so glad it's done!!

The autotrain was definitely interesting! I will post a lot about it coming right up!!

Tags
autotrain, boyfriend, first trip, moving to florida

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: