Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
akayf
Mouseketeer

which meals to pay out of pocket for?

We currently have 5 TS credits and 7 ADRS. We check in on Sunday Aug 25 and check out on Friday Aug 30. We are staying off site somewhere on Friday night and starting the drive home on Saturday Aug 31. Our ADR plans are

Sun 8/25 Lunch at the Plaza(pay out of pocket)
Mon 8/26 Dinner at Garden Grill(1 credit)
Tues 8/27 Breakfast at Crystal Palace(1 credit)
Wed 8/28 Dinner at Be Our Guest(1 credit)
Thurs 8/29 Lunch at Tusker House(1 credit)
Friday 8/30 Dinner at Ohana(1 credit)
Saturday 8/31 Breakfast at Chef Mickey(need to pay out of pocket since we checked out already the day before and have no credits left)

Yes we were planning on staying off site, driving back the CR for breakfast and then hitting the road.

I looked at the prices and realized that we will be paying almost $100 for breakfast at chef mickey! yikes!!!! There is a good time for us available for breakfast on 8/30 so I made a new ADR. I really didn't want to do 2 sit downs in one day that but I figure a 7:20 breakfast buffet and 5:15 dinner at 'Ohana isn't that bad. I can't find a good time for 'ohana earlier in our trip...only late seatings are available.

I am thinking of paying out of pocket for CP breakfast in addition to the Plaza lunch...I believe it will only be 64 for the 4 of us(2 adults, 1 child, 1 free child) Does that make sense? And am I nuts for doing CM and Ohana on the same day?

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
akayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Yes, I would pay OOP for the Plaza. Breakfasts in general tend to be less expensive than dinner, so it's probably a good idea to pay for that OOP.

For CP, those prices match what's on Allears.net. CP seems likely to be a bit less than Tusker House or Chef Mickey, so that's probably a good one to OOP for.

In terms of having two TS in one day, it really depends on the timing. How far apart are the two meals? If there is a pretty descent amount of time, it'll probably be fine. I've done a TS lunch and dinner before (about 8 hours apart), with a small snack in the middle of the day, and it's been fine.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
akayf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post

In terms of having two TS in one day, it really depends on the timing. How far apart are the two meals? If there is a pretty descent amount of time, it'll probably be fine. I've done a TS lunch and dinner before (about 8 hours apart), with a small snack in the middle of the day, and it's been fine.
ADRs are for an 8:20 breakfast at Chef Mickey and then 5:15 dinner at Ohana. It's a long time in between but I hope I'm not pushing my luck by planning 2 sit down meals on our last day with 2 kids! But both meals should be fun for the boys so I hope we don't have an epic meltdown at dinner.

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
akayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #4
navywifetill2002
Mouseketeer

Have you checked out the BOG menu? Depending on what you'll order there it may be your lowest cost meal.

If you decide to pay OOP for CP your best bet would probably be to use the Childs credit here since kids buffets are more expensive then pay OOP for him when you use the adult credits at BOG where kids meals cost less. Many people forget they can split their credits to make the DDP work best for them.
navywifetill2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: