Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
cmorris303
Earning My Ears

Best Ohana time for Wishes

We have a reservation for 6:30 at Ohana for our August trip, and Wishes starts at 10:00. We'd like to watch it on the beach at Poly. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on whether or not the timing is good or if we'll end up with too much time before Wishes starts.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorris303 View Post
We have a reservation for 6:30 at Ohana for our August trip, and Wishes starts at 10:00. We'd like to watch it on the beach at Poly. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on whether or not the timing is good or if we'll end up with too much time before Wishes starts.
With 'Ohana it's tough to say because they have a tendency to run behind schedule on seating. Normally, I'd say allow about 75 minutes for meal, which would get you done around 7:45 pm, which leaves you about two hours before the show. Normally, that's quite a while, but 'Ohana is known for running up to an hour behind schedule, so in that case you might not get finished until closer to 9:00 pm. In that case, you'd have an hour to wander around the Poly and then find yourself a spot to watch the show. If you really want to see Wishes, I wouldn't go for a reservation that's much later than the one you have just in case they're running behind.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

I agree. There is always a wait at 'Ohana. If you finish early, you can browse the gift shop or relax on the beach...not sure what time the movie on the beach starts?
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Also, you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the Poly beach. I believe it runs at about 9:00pm each night.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
tessab
Earning My Ears

Sorry- this is not so much of a reply as a related question. We made our ADR at Ohana time in a state of confusion, believing Wishes was at 10pm, when that night it is at 9pm. So our 8:30 dinner time will definitely not allow us to make it to the beach for the show. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now, as there are no other times available that night. Having not been in Ohana before, I'm wondering if you can see anything out of the windows? Or if it would be totally inappropriate to send the 2 kids (15,11) out to the beach at 9pm, while the 4 adults remain at the table? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
tessab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
cmorris303
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your replies. I'm feeling better about my reservation time now.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We made our ADR at Ohana time in a state of confusion, believing Wishes was at 10pm, when that night it is at 9pm. So our 8:30 dinner time will definitely not allow us to make it to the beach for the show. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now, as there are no other times available that night. Having not been in Ohana before, I'm wondering if you can see anything out of the windows? Or if it would be totally inappropriate to send the 2 kids (15,11) out to the beach at 9pm, while the 4 adults remain at the table?
You could always ask for a table next to the windows, but they are usually difficult to get. I'm not sure I would send the kids out at 9pm. Was your intent that they would come back to finish the meal after Wishes? As previously mentioned, 'Ohana seating times are commonly delayed so you may not get seated until almost 9pm.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: