Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Goofy's_Gal
Earning My Extra Long Ears

B2B questions

I'm looking at possibly doing a B2B double dip in Oct 2014. If I do and have same room, will they let me keep my bags in there? Or if I don't decide/commit until I am on board, could I book the 2nd cruise and get discount and OBC? I understand that my room probably would not be available if I wait.
DCL - Dream Dec 2011; Wonder Nov 2012
Goofy's_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy's_Gal View Post
I'm looking at possibly doing a B2B double dip in Oct 2014. If I do and have same room, will they let me keep my bags in there? Or if I don't decide/commit until I am on board, could I book the 2nd cruise and get discount and OBC? I understand that my room probably would not be available if I wait.
If you book B2B and are able to secure the same room on both cruises, you will not need to pack up at the end of the first cruise. You must disembark the ship (with your ID and checkin papers) to re-checkin for the second leg.

Sorry, don't know for sure about the booking onboard for the next cruise part. But, it's most likely you won't have the same room.

In that case, you will be directed to either pack up your bags and leave them in your room, where the room host(s) will ensure they get to the right room; or (sometimes) you will be told just leave everything in the drawers/closet and the room host(s) will move them (the drawers are interchangeable).

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Yes, if you have the same cabin for both sailings, you do not pack up. You have to disembark, check back in and then reboard as soon as they let you. DCL will put a letter in your cabin before the first sailing is over telling you what time you have to be off the ship and what the exact process for that sailing will be.

If your cabin is different on both sailings, you pack up and the stewards will move your bags for you, but you still disembark, check in a second time and reboard when they let you.

Personally, if I didn't have the same cabin, I would not do it as I would not want to pack up to unpack again just a little while later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: