Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #16
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Mom View Post
I just read (although it might only be speculation) that ET is closing, and being replaced with a new Smurf ride. I am sad to see Disaster going, though. However, we were just in US and the San Fran area makes no sense now that Jaws is gone. I must admit, I am getting tired of Beetlejuice after so many years.
one of the surveys i did was about the smurfs.

i like the little blue people.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Exciting but I hope Disaster is there still when we go in August so I can ride it one last time and I hope Beetlejuice is there so we can see it again ( it is our favorite show)..Would love to see them one more time..And I really really hope that they don't shut JP river adventure down before then either..LOL..It was closed the last time we went and the time before that when DH went..It would be a HUGE bummer
JP River Adventure isn't shutting down (other than for normal maintenance of course). There is an additional e-ticket ride being built supposedly where the Triceratops Encounter was.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
JP River Adventure isn't shutting down (other than for normal maintenance of course). There is an additional e-ticket ride being built supposedly where the Triceratops Encounter was.
Good to know and since they JUST did maintenance , hopefully it won't be down again..LOL
Old 06-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
one of the surveys i did was about the smurfs.

i like the little blue people.
ARE YOU SERIOUS???? LOVE IT! My oldest is terrified of Smurfs!
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & KiddosSeventh Trip October 2013~ US/IOA with the fam & HHN with my Sweet Babboo, Mac, Marquibiri, Pax & Dora
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
SharkyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I can't stand the Smurfs.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #21
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I can't stand the Smurfs.
Wouldn't be top on my list either. A minion land or a Bikini Bottom Spongebob land would be better, in my opinion.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I'm most excited by the news KK is coming back to the Studios! I loved Kongfrontation and I hope this new attraction...if the rumor is true...will blow the doors off the old one.

Strange about The Smurfs...not sure about their thinking on this one. I never cared for them but I was too old to enjoy the cartoons back then. Seems to be a cheap theme park rights acquisition. I think they can do a lot better. Hmmm...
Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #23
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

I did see the preview for the new Smurfs movie coming out and it looked cute but I still think there are better options.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
TaylorsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I'm most excited by the news KK is coming back to the Studios! I loved Kongfrontation and I hope this new attraction...if the rumor is true...will blow the doors off the old one.

Strange about The Smurfs...not sure about their thinking on this one. I never cared for them but I was too old to enjoy the cartoons back then. Seems to be a cheap theme park rights acquisition. I think they can do a lot better. Hmmm...
I never got to experience Kong it was before I visited Orlando. Do you think it will be like the one in Hollywood? Seems it gets a lot of good reviews.
TaylorsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #25
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorsDad View Post
I never got to experience Kong it was before I visited Orlando. Do you think it will be like the one in Hollywood? Seems it gets a lot of good reviews.
The rumor is...it's a whole new ride but I'm not sure how it will differ from the one in Hollywood.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #26
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorsDad View Post
The Kong in Hollywood is just all a projection. The new ride is supposed to be on a track with animatronics. I'm sure we won't know details for quite a while.

This is what hatetofly posted on Orlando United:

King Kong will be replacing Disaster in an effort to completely rebrand the entire park. This custom creation for Orlando will bring the banana breath himself back to the studios in an entirely new way. With a new queue, new preshows, a new RV, a new station, new track, and custom show scenes complete with Kong in the flesh. This attraction is certain to bring some of that classic nostalgia into the park so many say have been lost. This new mega attraction is set to break loose Summer 2015. During that same summer, Islands of Adventure will unleash its updated Jurassic Park area with a brand new E ticket attraction as well.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I'm not entirely convinced on the Smurfs either...seems like much better things could be used, although Fievel and Curious George are defintely past their prime.

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Wouldn't be top on my list either. A minion land or a Bikini Bottom Spongebob land would be better, in my opinion.
I have to admit I like the ET ride but I would not be upset if they changed it to a Spongebob ride, I think they could make a wonderful ride in that space. I loved the Smurfs as a kid but did not care for the live action movie. Spongebob has been around forever and is pertinent to this generation, not so sure about the Smurfs.

Thanks for posting the link. I am really excited to hear about the King Kong ride and the Jurassic Park update, it is really needed! The theme park local to me has an attraction called Dinosaurs Alive and when we were going through it we said this is what Jurassic Park needs! But a new ride is even better, well hopefully.

What was the triceratops attraction mentioned? I don't recall that at all.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BigKIdz View Post
I have to admit I like the ET ride but I would not be upset if they changed it to a Spongebob ride, I think they could make a wonderful ride in that space. I loved the Smurfs as a kid but did not care for the live action movie. Spongebob has been around forever and is pertinent to this generation, not so sure about the Smurfs.

Thanks for posting the link. I am really excited to hear about the King Kong ride and the Jurassic Park update, it is really needed! The theme park local to me has an attraction called Dinosaurs Alive and when we were going through it we said this is what Jurassic Park needs! But a new ride is even better, well hopefully.

What was the triceratops attraction mentioned? I don't recall that at all.
Canada's Wonderland has the Dinosaurs Alive but I haven't been through it yet. Triceratops Encounter was really cool. It was a walk though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDDWhwO5Is
Old 06-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #30
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I think replacing ET with a Smurfs attraction is LAME..I also think they could come up with a better idea than re-theming the kidzone to Smurfs..I grew up with them and honestly didn't care for them then and I sure as heck don't now..My 9 yr old also has no interest..Now Spongebob I love and could easily see potential with that

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: