Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Need help deciding...

We have a PIN code for free dining -- we've booked POR-Royal Guest River view rooms for Nov. 12-21 w/ 10 day PH and More tickets for our family of 6.

Now I've found that a group we're w/ has avail 7 day ph tickets that include 7 passes per person for the water parks, Quest, etc. for $245 per person - these are vaild any 7 days from Nov. 9-30 and they don't have to be consecutive.

It seems to me that it would be cheaper for us to drop our number of ticket days w/ our reservation to 3 and use the group tickets the remaining 7 days. We'll also be getting discounted 2 day ph Universal and 1 day Sea World tickets.

But, can we only have 3 days of tickets on the reservation and still do free dining? We like to do the Character meals and a few of the signature dining places which are 2 credits so we typically do the deluxe plan.

Or should I just stick w/ what we have and only get the Universal and Sea World tickets?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

where are you from>

nov can be cold - now going swimming is not the problem - with the pool heated - the problem is getting out and getting dressed.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
where are you from>

nov can be cold - now going swimming is not the problem - with the pool heated - the problem is getting out and getting dressed.
Which really isn't that bad.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Well, we're in SC but we've gone to WDW in Dec. and Feb. and still used the pools. We are able to still swim in SC into Nov. generally w/out an issue except on some days.

I'm mainly trying to decide if we can use the discounted tickets and still do the free dining w/ only purchasing a few days of tickets w/ our pkg.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

It is my understanding that you only need to buy a minimum of 2 day tix to make your package eligible for free dining. Happy planning!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
Now I've found that a group we're w/ has avail 7 day ph tickets that include 7 passes per person for the water parks, Quest, etc. for $245 per person - these are vaild any 7 days from Nov. 9-30 and they don't have to be consecutive.
I have never heard of a ticket that functions like this. PH passes must be used within 14 days of their first use. What kind of special tickets are these?

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o View Post
I have never heard of a ticket that functions like this. PH passes must be used within 14 days of their first use. What kind of special tickets are these?
They are MyMagic+ tickets and the only requirement is that my three children attend one education program that the group has selected. It's a homeschool group that has gone at least 8 times doing it this way.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
They are MyMagic+ tickets and the only requirement is that my three children attend one education program that the group has selected. It's a homeschool group that has gone at least 8 times doing it this way.
It sounds like they are Youth Educations series tickets.

You do realize that these discounted tickets you are talking about buying cost MORE than you would save by dropping the number of days on your other tickets, right?
A 10 day ticket is worth about $77 more than a 3 day ticket. So for each one of you you are talking about getting back $77 and spending $245. That means that for a group of six of you, you will be spending an EXTRA $1,470 just so you can know you are using a discounted ticket? On top of that, you will be required to spend half of a day at a class.
The most expensive days on any ticket are the first 3.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
It sounds like they are Youth Educations series tickets.

You do realize that these discounted tickets you are talking about buying cost MORE than you would save by dropping the number of days on your other tickets, right?
A 10 day ticket is worth about $77 more than a 3 day ticket. So for each one of you you are talking about getting back $77 and spending $245. That means that for a group of six of you, you will be spending an EXTRA $1,470 just so you can know you are using a discounted ticket? On top of that, you will be required to spend half of a day at a class.
The most expensive days on any ticket are the first 3.
Thank you!
That is the info I was looking for. I didn't find how to figure out the ticket price -- our travel agent had just booked everything together and I didn't know a breakdown. I just went on Disney's site and figured out how to find the ticket prices alone -- so I see that what you are saying is correct and I was given bad advice from a friend who thought the ticket prices were really cheap.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
mistysue
DIS Veteran

They are a good price if you didn't have other tickets. It just doesn't work out with the free dining which is likely giving you more value than you would save here. The Youth education series tickets used to be really cheap- I think it was this or last year that the prices went up significantly. A couple years ago those tickets were probably closer to $150 each.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: