Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
WebmasterCricket
Administrator
I'm what Willis was talkin' about

DISboards Administrator

D23 Free to enroll now

http://www.disneystore.com/buy-a-d23...ip/mn/1001272/
Old 06-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

It is worth exactly what you pay for it (or maybe a bit less). All it will do is add you to a mailing list trying to get you to do a paid membership.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Pooh67_68
My head looked like a brillo pad
DH gave me roses ... just because :)
Someone please take pity on me, and send me a small piece of pecan pie

Thanks for the heads up Cricket.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
I'm not sure exactly how much benefit there is to it, but I signed up. Thanks for the info.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Anyone else having trouble registering? I "bought" the membership yesterday, and tried to register today, but apparently my name and membership number don't match.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Anyone else having trouble registering? I "bought" the membership yesterday, and tried to register today, but apparently my name and membership number don't match.
I had issues registering as well. I finally figured out that the name must be exactly as on the e-mailed receipt they sent you and your password MUST include upper case AND lower case letters AND a special character (I used a "#").

Also, I copied and pasted my member number from the e-mailed receipt but it must have been putting in a space at the end of it when I pasted it onto the registration form. I pasted it somewhere else, removed the space, then copied and pasted again.

After all that it finally worked.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground

Last edited by jimsanfilippo; 06-25-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling.
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
I had issues registering as well. I finally figured out that the name must be exactly as on the e-mailed receipt they sent you and your password MUST include upper case AND lower case letters AND a special character (I used a "#").

Also, I copied and pasted my member number from the e-mailed receipt but it must have been putting in a space at the end of it when I pasted it onto the registration form. I pasted it somewhere else, removed the space, then copied and pasted again.

After all that it finally worked.
I tried to sign up today and had the same issue - it kept telling me the membership number and name didn't match. Even though I put it in several times as shown on the email receipt. EXACTLY!

I even double checked my password, making sure to include lower and capital letters and a symbol. It still didn't work. Very frustrating. I hope its worth it for all that trouble.

I emailed them to see if they could reset it, because you cant go back to the DS and "buy" it again to get a new membership number email. I tried that too.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post
I tried to sign up today and had the same issue - it kept telling me the membership number and name didn't match. Even though I put it in several times as shown on the email receipt. EXACTLY!

I even double checked my password, making sure to include lower and capital letters and a symbol. It still didn't work. Very frustrating. I hope its worth it for all that trouble.

I emailed them to see if they could reset it, because you cant go back to the DS and "buy" it again to get a new membership number email. I tried that too.
They make you wait a minimum of exactly 24 hrs, not next day, 24 hours. You'll get that message until the waiting period has passed and then it will work. Not sur why the 24 hr wait but its definitely enforced.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
SharkBoy
Earning My Ears

Membership

I've been a member for 3 years and it's really just to get the magazine, I don't benefit from anything else... well, maybe a discount when I bought tickets for the D23 expo in 2011 but living in Toronto, we don't get any events our way... Last time we were at Disney World, we decided to ask every time we purchased something if they gave discounts for D23 members and most cast members didn't even know what we were talking about... And then out of nowhere, one cast member said: "sure" and gave us 10% off our purchase... She was the only one for the whole week...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: