Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
heimlichfan
DIS Veteran

Pool changing areas

Hello DIS experts!

I have a question about resort pools. Last time I was in WDW, I stayed at SSR. The pool we used had a very nice bathroom/changing area.

What other resorts offer this in their pool area? My main question is about Wilderness Lodge as I have friends who will be staying there.

Thanks everyone!

WDW: GFV 2014, POFQ 2014, AKL 2013, SSR 2013, BLT 2012, BLT 2011, POR 2010, BWV 2010, ASSp 2009, OKW 2009, AKL 2007, POR 2006, WL 2004, ASMo 2003, POFQ 1999, CB 1996, off-site 1991, FW 1985, off site 1984

DL: GC July 17, 2005!!!! , off site 1990, off site 1985
heimlichfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

They all do.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

The resort pools are only for the resort guests so we always just change in our room before we go.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

All resorts have Pool Changing areas for the guests of the resort that want to swim after they check out of their resort.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Syndrome
Who's super now?

On our last day of our stay at BC, we stayed for a good part of the day to swim after we checked out. WE could not find a decent "changing area" to put on our street cloths after the day ? We had to use the bathrooms by Beaches and Cream to change in. Its more of a restroom area than changing room.........did we miss the changing area? We couldnt find it ???

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, BC, BW, FW, GF, HHI,
Poly, POR, WL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
On our last day of our stay at BC, we stayed for a good part of the day to swim after we checked out. WE could not find a decent "changing area" to put on our street cloths after the day ? We had to use the bathrooms by Beaches and Cream to change in. Its more of a restroom area than changing room.........did we miss the changing area? We couldnt find it ???

Syndrome
It's the health club I believe, although I haven't used it at Beach Club.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
The resort pools are only for the resort guests so we always just change in our room before we go.
That's some unnecessary snarkiness. A resort guest might still have need of a changing area. We have used them when our room was not yet ready on the check-in day and also when we had a late afternoon flight out on our check-out day.
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

I have used the locker rooms at AOA, POFQ, and CBR. All are right poolside where the restrooms are. Very nice and adequete to shower and change. Only one tip as I was almost SOL the last time.

I am the type of person that likes to cut time short. Our DME time was 4pm, so I swam and decided to shower and get dressed around 3:30pm. Well right before I was about to go in, the cleaning MAN, was about to close of the entire locker room for cleaning. I was able to say stop, need to shower/change now or I miss my bus. He did men's then. Now I dont know how long they close for cleaning, but maybe keep in mind, if you are like me and like to spend time in the pool while waiting for the DME. A shower necessary as I had an international overnight flight ahead of me; so a quick change in lobby restroom would have not done it.
mousefan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCowgirl View Post
That's some unnecessary snarkiness. A resort guest might still have need of a changing area. We have used them when our room was not yet ready on the check-in day and also when we had a late afternoon flight out on our check-out day.
The OP is staying at the AKL not the WL according to their ticker.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

On June 12th we used the changing/shower rooms by the main pool at Port Orleans Riverside. The facilities were in dismal condition with only one shower out of two working in the ladies room and no private changing areas. The water pressure was very low too so that was a problem. The shower area reminded me of something you see in those prison movies. It was so desolate and dysfunctional that I was surprised that it would be offered to guests at a Disney Hotel.

On the other hand the locker rooms at the Fitness Center in the Yacht and Beach Club had many fine amenities including in-shower shampoo, conditioner and body wash, lockers and nice fluffy towels.

While those are they type of amenities that one is provided with at a deluxe hotel, the shower and changing area at the moderate POR was completely unacceptable owing to it's poor condition and design. In light of this I would recommend checking out the shower/changing area at your hotel before you commit to having to use it's facilities.

~NM
Old 06-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #11
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
The OP is staying at the AKL not the WL according to their ticker.
The OP also said that he/she had friends staying at the WL. Maybe he/she is asking for them.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
On June 12th we used the changing/shower rooms by the main pool at Port Orleans Riverside. The facilities were in dismal condition with only one shower out of two working in the ladies room and no private changing areas. The water pressure was very low too so that was a problem. The shower area reminded me of something you see in those prison movies. It was so desolate and dysfunctional that I was surprised that it would be offered to guests at a Disney Hotel.

On the other hand the locker rooms at the Fitness Center in the Yacht and Beach Club had many fine amenities including in-shower shampoo, conditioner and body wash, lockers and nice fluffy towels.

While those are they type of amenities that one is provided with at a deluxe hotel, the shower and changing area at the moderate POR was completely unacceptable owing to it's poor condition and design. In light of this I would recommend checking out the shower/changing area at your hotel

before you commit to having to use it's facilities.

~NM
That's too bad that the POR shower and changing area was in bad shape. I've used it in the past and it was certainly adequate but not luxurious.

I agree with checking out in person or asking here for experiences before counting on shower/changing area after checkout! Some of the resorts have shower/changing area near the pool and others have facilities in the health club. CMs working at a resort might not always give correct information..first hand experience at BWI where I was told nothing was available!

Anyway, I've stayed at WL several times and don't recall shower area in the pool restroom so either I didn't look around enough or it might be in the health club!
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #13
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimlichfan View Post
Hello DIS experts!

I have a question about resort pools. Last time I was in WDW, I stayed at SSR. The pool we used had a very nice bathroom/changing area.

What other resorts offer this in their pool area? My main question is about Wilderness Lodge as I have friends who will be staying there.

Thanks everyone!
The WL has the Sturdy Branches Health Club that has a shower room that resort guests can use. I believe that all the health clubs have these facilities available for their guests to use.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: