Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

Atlantis dolphin outing?

Hi Everyone.
I am planning my first Disney cruise with my daughters, 10 and 12. I was thinking of taking them to Atlantis for the dolphin expierence and then on the water slides. Can you tell me if this is worth the $? Or id is a beter deal to do the dolphin experience and then shop and eat on your own at Atlantis?
Thanks
Lisa

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Peace Mickey Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Mickey Lovers View Post
Hi Everyone.
I am planning my first Disney cruise with my daughters, 10 and 12. I was thinking of taking them to Atlantis for the dolphin expierence and then on the water slides. Can you tell me if this is worth the $? Or id is a beter deal to do the dolphin experience and then shop and eat on your own at Atlantis?
Thanks
Lisa
I think it's kind of subjective but we didn't have a great experience at Atlantis. The staff there was pretty rude, it was hard to get around and things weren't well marked. We spent a lot of the time wandering around trying to figure out how to get to different things and the staff literally had no clue. The food in the package was pretty terrible too. I'm not generally a complainer (although this may come off as complaining) but I wouldn't recommend Atlantis.

On the plus side the lazy river is very relaxing and the speed slides are loads of fun so if you want to wander around for an hour and try to figure out how to get on them, don't care about food quality, and don't plan on asking the staff for literally anything, it's probably great!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
xangav
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I did this a couple of years ago. If you have never done a dolphin encounter it's pretty cool but I think my daughter enjoyed the lazy river and slides alot more.

It takes more time to prep for the encounter than the actual encounter. You get in the water and are told what to do and what not to do and then you get to snorkel with the dolphins for a bit. The you get pushed through the water by the dolpin and it's over. This being said, we still had a great day!

We are going on the christmas cruise this year and all my daughter talks about is the lazy river and she doesn't think it is worth doing the dolphins again because it is so much.

Hope that helps!

1996 Big Red Boat
2002-Magic Eastern Carib
2004-Magic Western Carib,
2005-Magic Westbound PC Repo
2007-Magic11 day Med

2008-RCI Rhapsody Alaska
2009-RCI Freedom of the Seas

2010-Norwegian Epic Inaugural Transatlantic, Southhampton-New York
2011-DCL Dream 4 day
xangav is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread