Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekins View Post

The recommendation percentage was actually not fantastic - it was 85%. I was tempted to go with the 4* which had a 95% recommendation rate...but decided to risk it hoping that it would be the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. Pan Pacific was my preference...but I would have been happy with anything on the waterfront vs. closer to downtown. Rack rate is ridiculous...I don't know who can afford $350/night...but I know we can't.
Was this Downtown Coal Harbor? Downtown shopping and Entertainment area?
Thanks
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
Meekins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream2B View Post
Was this Downtown Coal Harbor? Downtown shopping and Entertainment area?
Thanks
On Hotwire the area I was looking at is called "Vancouver Downtown - Coal Harbour - Stanley Park area hotel". HTH
Meekins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
summerblue
Mouseketeer

We booked direct with pan pacific and done the family package, with aaa discount, it is worth it for us, because we wanted to be sure we stayed there, and in comparing the prices it was actually only 110 more than days inn ( where we stayed out first cruise 10 years ago and was a tiny room) the package we booked has some great perks. However if you are hoping to get the pan through hot wire, be aware in the amenities it will not include Internet ( you have to pay and it's pretty steep) but will be listed as pet friendly. Pay attention to the list price it will typically be the one in the 390 range as original price, I just checked for our travel dater in July and am pretty confident that it is the one listed at 229 right now. We have had our reservations booked for months now though and the package specials really are a good deal in my opinion.
summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue View Post
We booked direct with pan pacific and done the family package, with aaa discount, it is worth it for us, because we wanted to be sure we stayed there, and in comparing the prices it was actually only 110 more than days inn ( where we stayed out first cruise 10 years ago and was a tiny room) the package we booked has some great perks. However if you are hoping to get the pan through hot wire, be aware in the amenities it will not include Internet ( you have to pay and it's pretty steep) but will be listed as pet friendly. Pay attention to the list price it will typically be the one in the 390 range as original price, I just checked for our travel dater in July and am pretty confident that it is the one listed at 229 right now. We have had our reservations booked for months now though and the package specials really are a good deal in my opinion.
When are you cruising?
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
summerblue
Mouseketeer

We cruise July 8th.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
summerblue
Mouseketeer

Also something people might not know about the pan pacific is (right now anyways) when you book a room or package, you can get a second room exactly like the first for the same night for 1/2 off the price of the first room, we were offered this but we only needed the one room.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #22
Jrsy Boy
DIS Veteran
You can tell I'm married, because a lady tells me to do something and I just do it unquestioningly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekins View Post
The recommendation percentage was actually not fantastic - it was 85%. I was tempted to go with the 4* which had a 95% recommendation rate...but decided to risk it hoping that it would be the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. Pan Pacific was my preference...but I would have been happy with anything on the waterfront vs. closer to downtown. Rack rate is ridiculous...I don't know who can afford $350/night...but I know we can't.
I actually booked this yesterday for $143 (before taxes, fees, etc.) and ended up with the Delta Vancouver Suites. Pleased with the location and reviews on Trip Advisor.
Jrsy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #23
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekins

Thanks for the recommendation - appreciated! We really just want to wake up AT the Pier and not have to deal with a cab, a 7 year old and all of our luggage if possible... I want to start Day one of the cruise with total laziness...lol
I hear that ;-)
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue View Post
... be aware in the amenities it will not include Internet ( you have to pay and it's pretty steep) ...
There is a Starbucks downstairs and outside.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #25
summerblue
Mouseketeer

Nice to know, I was not too worried about Internet, was letting people know when looking for pan on Hotwire it won't have Internet as one of its free amenities. I'm sure my dh will be taking advantage of the starbucks
Old 06-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #26
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Just another plug for the Pan Pacific for those that have their heart set on it. We knew this is what we wanted, even if it cost us a little more and we didn't regret it one bit. We absolutely loved our 2 nights there before our 6/17 sailing. It added to our vacation, definitely! Prior to me booking it, I never found any discount for it on Hotwire and I didn't want to chance it so I might not have given it enough time. We had a harbor view room (again highly recommend it) and paid a little more for it and ended up paying $600 total including fees, taxes, etc. for both nights. Yes, that was steeper than I wanted, but I got a discount booking with the free membership I had through Last Minute Travel Club and it was the best rate I found anywhere. We saved before the trip to "splurge" a little and we loved it!

There is free wifi downstairs in the food court area although it wasn't 100% reliable. We found it very slow and bogged down. I had added a data package to use while there and was glad I had. We found the Starbucks outside the building (they are everywhere really) worked a lot better. There are numerous food options nearby so we didn't focus on the breakfast package since it added more than it was worth - at least this was our experience.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #27
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Another great option for bidding on hotels is Priceline... I've done it twice now and never paid more than $75. We got the Westin Bayshore the 1st time and the Marriott the second. Loved both!!!

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: